• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys not had time to get to a computer recently to update but i will do a biggen in the next few days.

We had our Christmas party last night, at a hotel literally NEXT to the workshop so i was here at 8am this morning working on the Demon! I feel like death today, no not the booze as i can't drink anymore cause of the ol heart drugs. Think i may have eaten something bad! :D

I will get this flippin thing finished............................

Update soon, sorry to the people that see i have posted in the thread and then are dissapointed :D

Thanks dude :(

Right, its finally that time Steve, you ready for this........................ :)

*** Update Time ***

Right after getting the gearbox bracket welded up i finally got it fitted and started looking at the gear cables.

DSC01805.jpg

Then got the bracket on the shifter side welded up ready for the cables.

DSC01848.jpg

Then after fitting for a few hours with the cables they where finally in. These where a nightmare to fit as they could only really go in one way and i was fighting them the whole time. They still need some extra fittings added around the engine to hold them off of the alternator and keep them secure.

shifter side.......

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

gearbox side........

DSC01854.jpg

Sat in the Buggy for a bit and i have all 5 gears plus reverse. :D The gears are very nothchy, precise and you really have to be exact when changing. Bit weird but im sure i will get used to it.

Then started looking at the pedal arrangement, alot of faffing about as nothing you buy is a direct fit and needs modifying in some way!

First got the mini clutch and brake pedals and started working on them.

Cut the original lugs off so they could be moved to their new position.

DSC01808.jpg

and in there new position.

DSC01823.jpg

I also wasn't happy with the original welding on the back of the pedals, not something i want to be repairing at a later date when it snaps so i added more weld now. Going to get the pedals powdercoated green when the rest of the parts get sent off.

went from this, original welding.......

DSC01819.jpg

to this, should last now.........

DSC01820.jpg

Also bought a new clutch pedal clevis but again this needed modding to fit but got there in the end. I also had to re-position the clutch pedal lug as the pedal was not level with the brake :)

clevis parts........

DSC01828.jpg

fitted in the pedal box........

DSC01831.jpg

Also managed to get the brake light switch fitted in position so when i press the pedal down i will get brake lights, and finally got the pedal spring fitted so the pedals return to their original location when i lift off them.

Then came the thottle pedal, i decided to use the Starlet one but modify it to suit. I have worked out i need about 50mm of movement on the thottle body to fully open it so need to work out this on the pedal side. I have started modding it but need to look at option to connect the cable itself. It also wasn't lining up with the other pedals so i have spaced it off the bulkhead by 25mm on a spacer i made.

DSC01856.jpg

Just need to work out the cable and its all done on the pedal side of things, minus brake cables.

All in position................

DSC01851.jpg

Exhaust bracket has been finally finished off also, when i orignally made this it was in a different position but didn't work so has had to be remade to suit.

welded up.......

DSC01821.jpg

and fitted in place, another thing crossed off the list........

DSC01825.jpg

Then i made some brackets for the battery to be fitted into place. I made them slightly bigger than the battery so if i ever change the battery and its slightly bigger then it should still fit. I just need to add a few bits of foam at the bottom to hold the battery securely in place.

welded bracket pieces.......

DSC01837.jpg

with straps........

DSC01838.jpg

and battery added in place, just needs the cover/footrest making now..........

DSC01839.jpg

Made a bracket to fit the interior mirror to and got that welded in place, there is surprisingly alot of rearward vision as it sort of looks under the intercooler. Hopefully this will be ok for the IVA test, fins out one day........

all fitted in place........

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

Finally got round to making the oil catch tank bracket and that was also welded in place..........

fits nicely next to the fuel reg, just needs the breather vent added when i get one.......

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

Then it was all put back together and is currently wrapped up awaiting to be worked on once again. Sorry i didn't update sooner, been so busy the last few weeks.

How's that update then? :D

Jason :p

oh yes, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes......*slaps face*

thats the update fix i needed. im a demon druggie and needed that fix from the 3 weeks cold turkey :(

awesome progress jase this is looking so close to completion i cant wait for it to finish

whats the main plans left for it. obviously wiring loom fitted then what?

haha im a twat :D

Well you said it...

dont forget i can edit your posts, your sig, avatar settings :D just remember that :):lol::)

whoo update looks great best thing is how you take time on the tiny things cant wait to hear this beast :D

Thanks Mate, problem is its the tiny things that take most of my time. Nearly everthing i buy needs modding in some way to fit, takes ages to do ANYTHING! Dying to hear it start up :)

Woo that is some update...

Some bloody nice work going on there..

Once all parts made/welded/ grinded an sorted will you be having them all sprayed or powder coated??? what sort of colour schem ya going for???

Thanks Dude :( Yes once its all done its getting stripped down and sent off to have most of it powdercoated. Frame is going Black and arch's, nosecone, spoiler etc is all going lime green!

Awsome update mate, bet you was like a big kid sat in it with the pedals and gears in place :D

Was even making the engine sounds and pretending to drive it along! Gears are so notchy, will take some getting used to.

oh yes, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes......*slaps face*

thats the update fix i needed. im a demon druggie and needed that fix from the 3 weeks cold turkey :)

awesome progress jase this is looking so close to completion i cant wait for it to finish

whats the main plans left for it. obviously wiring loom fitted then what?

LOL guess you are happy then. Has it really been 3 weeks??? :p Flippin heck how time flies! Going to leave the wiring for the moment as i will get the TGT guys to finish that off later when it goes back there! Next jobs are to fit the thottle cable and finish pedal. Measure for custom braided brake lines, start making the nose cone (HUGE job) etc, may even make the huge wing as that will make me smile! lol

just after reading all 18 pages, what a great build and a lovely bit of engineering... top work :D

Thanks Mate. Its comments like this that make me feel like im doing something right LOL

Everytime you have an update and i see this thread pop up and look at your work i want to posted a comment but never know what to say because i am always gob smacked by your awesome work!!! Keep it up jason loveing evey bit you have done so far, hopefully i should get to see this sometime next year at a show/meet maybe???.

Everytime you have an update and i see this thread pop up and look at your work i want to posted a comment but never know what to say because i am always gob smacked by your awesome work!!! Keep it up jason loveing evey bit you have done so far, hopefully i should get to see this sometime next year at a show/meet maybe???.

Thanks Mate :) Really nice to recieve posative comments like this, makes me so motivated! Hopefully will be at JAE but can't promise anything, i will be there but i don't know if the Demon will yet????

Jason :)

ohh my god!!! I have just read this from start to finish. What an EPIC build! I think this is EVERY mans dream (that and a tree house :) Please tell me you have a tree house) :)

Anyway, more to the point.. This is fantastic! I bet its been alot of hard work and effort, but keep it up, its looking great.

I will defo be a follower of this project now ive seen it.

Well done!

Martyn

ohh my god!!! I have just read this from start to finish. What an EPIC build! I think this is EVERY mans dream (that and a tree house :( Please tell me you have a tree house) :)

Anyway, more to the point.. This is fantastic! I bet its been alot of hard work and effort, but keep it up, its looking great.

I will defo be a follower of this project now ive seen it.

Well done!

Martyn

Thanks Martyn, seem to be more and more people reading this thread now! Not that im complaining i love the comments :)

I wish i had a tree house, maybe when this is done that will be my next project :D

Jason :D