• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you got a big thing out the way makes a nice big difference and really changes the look of it a great deal

you making any fiberglass side panels at all jase?

Really glad i started a big job also, really changes the look of it ^_^

I think im going to use carbon fibre for the side panels but no real sculpted side panels, don't think it really needs anything???

i think just something rectangular to cover the bottoms at the side would look good

Yes thats what im doing, then there is a large scoop at the bottom rear that scoops air to engine/filter etc. I may not bother with carbon as its having Manga style graphics done right down the side :D^_^

this is an absolutely crazy project mate hats off to you! that turbo is mental! is that going on this buggy?!

What the HUGE turbo? No thats a joke, its off of a TRAIN ^_^

It would never come on boost ^_^ Would need 20k worth of revs before it did! My mates making it into a jet engine :D:D

tell you mate he is mental and take pics :p lol

wheres this turbo i aint seen it lol

its on page 16 steve! MASSIVE aint the word!

Nice to see this project's still going strong.

I think out of all the project's I'm following on various forums at the moment, this is the only one that is still ongoing.

I need something for a project like this myself, but I'd just get lost in IVA regs.

P.S. Nice lookin' turbo, my favourite ones are the ones that look about the same size as East Anglia :)

I just spent the last 2-3 hours reading through all of your updates, and all I can say is WOW. I never realized that there could be so much work that could go it no one. I think that is an amazing project and can only imagine the time and money spent on this. has to be way more than I have put in to my ep. I cant wait to see the final project. I'll be watching this.

Thanks for all the Great comments guys and gals :) Makes me so motivated to really crack on with the progress.

@ PJN, im determined to see this project through and to be honest i can't see myself ever selling this. Hopefully still be driving around in it when im 80 :p Im not one to spend a load of money on a project and then sell it when its complete/almost there!

@ tersplat, really sorry you had to spend so long reading this :p . I have had a couple of people wonder in and read the thread who didn't know about it and all seem to happily spend several hours reading all the posts!

Im currently at work doing more so expect another update tonight. whoop whoop! Plus i need the help of UKSC do work out the anime graphics im going to run down the side! Will get some pictures up tonight and people can have a go at some designs/photoshops if they are really bored :p

Right, back to it.......

Jason :D

Progress is awesome on this, that front end has totally transformed it :)

Thanks Iddy, doing my best to really knuckle down now.

*** Another Update ***

Well, Sarah was at work again today so i got up nice and early and went into work with her so i could carry on with the front nosecone.

Made the template and cut the vent profiles and started adding them onto the buggy........

DSC01939.jpg

Until i reached the other side. As you can see the vent is going to be huge. Could have made it smaller but it works out well with the chassis this way, will put some mesh in the front and at the top of the vent to please the IVA guys.

DSC01947.jpg

Then continued with building up the sides, still not sure if this will look right when done but hopefully find out when i add the foam inbetween the profiles. I have roughly added the side panels and side scoop as well so i can get a better idea of what it will look like.......

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

Im thinking about bringing the nosecone along the sides slightly, where the cardboard panel is on the side so that it is all one piece front....

DSC01962.jpg

Thats it for the moment, may get a few more little bits done this week but im back to actually doing WORK tomorrow so progress will be back to the steady pace before christmas. Hopefully the foam sheets will arrive this week so i can add them when the profiles are all added.

Going to start looking into doing some graphics for the sides, still unsure of what to do but have a few idea's :p

Jason :p