• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sparkster :lol:

Thanks Daniel, Another follower, seem to be more and more every day, nothing but good comments as well, im doing something right then! :ph34r:

Just got off the phone with the fibreglass supplies company, Foam is now ordered and all paid for, should be here in the next few days. Whoop whoop! Then once thats added the front will really take shape :)

Jason :p

• 2 weeks later...
Its deffo coming along now...

I think once its done you should start a new thread with pic's only, in that way people can jus scroll down its life from start to finish like a picture book..

Think thats a good idea :lol: people will just scroll down and be like what the fuck!!!!! lol

*** Small Update ***

Well not really much to report as i have had some other things to sort out these last couple of weeks.

Anyway, the foam sheets arrived only a day after i paid for them. Another company that has come up trumps for me with this build!

Started adding the foam to the profiles with PVA glue........

DSC01989.jpg

more parts added..........

DSC01990.jpg

Then roughly butcher with a hacksaw blade...........

DSC01991.jpg

Then using a long flat file begin to smooth out.........

DSC01992.jpg

Starting to take shape..........

DSC01993.jpg

and thats about all i have done since the last update! :p

Now it looks like i have been slacking, but i haven't before anyone says anything! Now the reason why i haven't done much is that i have had problems with my lexus. Its been playing up for a while now and continues to do so. Me and Sarah car share to go to work so most of the time my lexus just sits there doing nothing. However there is the odd time when i need a second car. My lexus if left for anymore than a week will be completely DEAD. not even enough charge for the doors to open, its that bad! I have checked the usual, battery, alternator etc but nothing has helped. Its getting stupid and pissed me off so much that i have decided to get rid of it. As the car has loads of miles on it and is only a low spec model i have decided to break it for parts as its worth over twice as much this way. Seems wrong to brake a completely good car but seems like the way to get the most money from it. I have really loved this car but its come to the point that i just need to get shot of it and move on!

This means that i need a new car and this has left me with the hard decision of what to get, well i say hard decision but i already know what it will be! Now i have loved the MX5 mk1 since i can remember and i think now is the time for me to get one! Will be viewing a tidy one this weekend and fingers crossed!

All of the above means that work on the Buggy will stop for a few months or so while i break the car down and sell all the parts. Bit of work i know but i should have a nice new car to show for all my efforts. Will start a new thread with all the progress so people can see the death and birth of the cars!

Will keep you all updated when i can.

Jason :D

since u wont be using the beast for couple months get get it running and ill come look after it for u :lol:

my misses wants an mx5 and her insurance is cheaper even tho she doesnt have her lisence yet than i can get it with 2 years and a years ncb lol so gonna let her get 1 then i can play in it to :p

insane the amout of time and detail thats gonna go in to this nose cone lol gonna look amazing when its done

Thanks Guys, yes the lexus is pissin me off and its time for it to go but got to look on the bright side! New car on the way :p

Only problem is that work on the buggy will be pushed back now, i know it sounds bad but looking at the amount of work there is i think im looking at 2012 till im on the road with it :p:lol: I blame the lexus! piece of shi..................... :D

Thanks Guys, yes the lexus is pissin me off and its time for it to go but got to look on the bright side! New car on the way :D

Only problem is that work on the buggy will be pushed back now, i know it sounds bad but looking at the amount of work there is i think im looking at 2012 till im on the road with it :D:D I blame the lexus! piece of shi..................... :D

as already stated.......Stupid lexus :D

as already stated.......Stupid lexus :D

And thats why i am going to hack the bitch up and sell her parts off! Don't worry though i will be back on this ASAP.

Think we need a Demon Build day where we get all the UKSC members to meet here and help build the buggy :D How many UKSC members does it take to build a buggy??? :D

Shame about teh lexus mate B)

Better to take longer for it to be finished than be rushed and not be finished though ;)

Exactly that, not in a rush really as its well worth the wait.

AWSOME NEWS!!!!!

Looks like i should be collecting the new MX5 this sunday! thats one job ticked off the list.

Then i need to start stripping the lexus down for parts and repay my savings to the sum off £2600 (cost of the new car) then scrap whatevers left of the car and back to work on the Buggy!

New Mazda Eunos is a MINTER!!!!! B):o

Jason :o

congrats B) oh and pics when you get her

Will get a few pics up now and a new thread B) It is mega mint though 1989 (21/22 years old) import with only 36,100 genuine miles on the clock ;)

• 1 month later...

Sorry this is still in the exact same place it was a few months ago now. I literally haven't touched this in ages now and i really don't have the motivation to get on with it at the moment. But don't worry there are no thoughts of selling up.

Been playing with the new mazda a bit and doing a few mods to that so have just left the buggy for a while. Im still breaking the lexus, problem is that its 40 miles away in Basingstoke so can only get to it once a week, if that!

but don't worry i will get the lexus broken down and will be back on the buggy eventually.

Sorry i couldn't update this more but im literally rushing about and haven't had time to breath let alone work on this. Have 2 cars that im currently breaking plus sorting out mot and stuff on the mazda plus i have several side line projects that require my attention, oh and working a full time job. I can't remember the last 'day off' i had ;)

Jason ;)

*** Small Update ***

Well, heres the proof im not dead, yep progress, only a small amount but my thoughts are getting back to the Demon. Still breaking the Lexus and have so many other projects on the go its unreal, but work will pick up again on the Demon.

Anyway, got a few more bits glued into the nosecone and sanded out. Still a lot to do but the pics show i have done something, however small it is :)

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02088.jpg

Jason :)