TD12-Ultimate - any one want to test it?

Guest Enzo

sorry guys but to be fair if thats what you are looking for why dont you just buy a td04 hybrid and td04 mani or an adaptor to fit the ct9 mani's? the idea is this rivals the td04 kits other wise its just a td04 that fits ct9 mani's :D dont get me wrong im not having a go by any means just saying it defeats the idea of a ct9 hybrid :D

im soo desprate to take one off your hands when the kits are ready finally got to the bottom of my boost problems and it turnred out to be my hybrid lol the internal gate had opened slightly so if i had just bloody tested this it would have fixed the problem lol oh well.

disagree fully mate.

basically a few reasons, one being most people will already have upgraded ct9 mani and decat, so using the td04 compressor end on the ct9 turbine housing would be ideal and cost effective.

the other thing your missing and this is the main one, using the td04 compressor end with the ct9 turbine housing would create a turbo so different to a standard td04. its charicteristics ( my spellings shit sorry) would be completely different. you would have the higher air flow and compression from the tdo4 compressor end, also lower intake temps due to the more free flowing compressor snail at your chosen boost level. as the ct9 one is much smaller than the td04 (again safer and better power), without having the added lag from the td04 bigger a/r turbine housing.

meaning you can have a more responsive turbo capable of creating power close to that of a td04.

not trying to make an argument just explaining the reason why it would be better, reasons which you missed or was unaware of.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stand corrected bud :D sorry i hadnt realised it would make such a difference. and dont worry it wont start an argument after all every day is a school day when it comes to starlets.

no worrys mate. ive been doing a lot of research at work into the best combinations and the most restrictive areas of the ct9 and i find what was described above (as long as the boost can be controlled) would be immense on a 4efte

Guest Enzo

yea, keith is just in the process of getting a batch of manifolds and decats made up,

im just in the middle of getting a batch of custom lines made up from purtek which i shold be picking up on wednesday, im not cutting corners on the lines so the water lines will be front mounted instead of using banjo bolts

the full kit will retail for £1150

the turbo with oil and watelines will retail for £650 wich still represents good value compared to other hybrids as you can sell your current unit.

you can pre order now :D

i will be hooking mine up as i have all the parts ive just been set back as the girlfriend put diesel into the v that im gona be using to test it on over the weekend.

Think i will be getting this kit :D

i want to try this as its different from the td04 route

will it preform better???

what power will it make on a forged engine, management and supporting mods???

and the kit dosent include wastegate or ic??

cheers

Guest Enzo

@ wallace possebly dude, im gona take my one off the silver v tomorrow, if i cant manage that for some reason thne il hollar at you for yours :D

@ sanchez it will get to a bar a full 1-1.5k quicker than a tdo4 so low to midrange will be lethal.

its also raited for more boost compared to a normal ct9 hybrid

i cant coment on the power yet as im still waiting on dyno figures from two members. but the only tester who tested both gt spec and this back to back said its leagues ahead of the gt spec.

your questions have been answered further up this post but going over it again

there are two many waistgates to choose so il leave that up to the buyer.

the full kit which will include

oil return/braded feed

all gaskets

braded water lines

manifold

decat

td12 ultimate

Guest Enzo

from keith

Its made for 38mm wastegates, but if you got other size thats smaller, it goes on no problems. Ideally its for 38mm though as the width on the flange is measured for that size.

enzo, would you need to modify the turbo - down pipe gasket to fit this? as the exhaust wheel is so much bigger, surely if you put a standard one on, it will protrude into the line of the turbo flow,???? say if i used this on a different external gated kit

• 2 weeks later...

about everyone saying they can use there "standard fitment" ct9 decat will have to be confirmed with keith/geo, as if the mani holds the turbo in a different position to stock, the DP aint gonna fit :)

the down pipe will fit fine so people can use there standard fitment decats.

i wont be able to rotate the housing on the turbo shorty

@ Ryan i will post pics and prices up when we have a few kits ready,

i will also get the testers to post some feedback on these tubbys, they are up and running now and looking mint,

il also be doing some bench testing on this and the gt spec within the coming week,

in regards to when they will be available, tong turbo and zisco are building up stocks the now.

we are real close guys.