TD12-Ultimate - any one want to test it?

Guest Enzo

thought id post up a dedicated thred for this

im looking for a tester for an externaly gated ct hybrid im developing.

M16chris tested an earlier development of this turbo and reported that it had no lag charicteristics of some of the other hi flow/hybrids out there, usualy a trade off, he reported back that full boost was reached by 28oorpms

now i cant go into details of cfm ratings

but its been designed with being the best berforming ct9 hybrid in mind, by having the same low boost charicteristics as standard while also being able to run more boost. (for example the warrenty will be set at 1.4 bar)

as for the spec of the turbo,

the front end is similar to the gt spec but the enlarged trumpet has been bored out by a few extra mms to house an even larger gt spec compressor wheel.

the limiting factor to power on the ct9 is its tiny ass.

the core with new bearings and the much larger 12 blade shaftwheel are from a tdo4 and the turbine housing is from a ct12 (bigger a/r)

here are a few pics of the turbo(note the waistgate flap will be closed off. but check out how much bigger the shaftwheel is

td12 ulitmate on the left ct9a rear on the right

IMG_65141.jpg

you will need an ecternaly gated mani, i got one from zisco, i just need a waistgate then im good to go

P1060262.jpg

in this pic you can see the different core td12 vs gt spec which will require you to fit your own oil and waterlines, not a massive problem

IMG_65151.jpg

would any externaly gated ct9 users be interested in testing this tubby out at a reduced price?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Ian, its simply not big enough,

mirrors the symptoms of your tubby chris had unstable issues where it insisted on shooting up to hi psi as you got past a certain boost level

so externaly gaiting it is the only option but in that sense your also getting the best form of boost control

i showed pictures of your tubby to mr tong and he said he was certain he initialy made it before the gt powertuning boys changed the insides...

pm sent to you also !

As said on Tgtt, good luck with this. Could well be the ultimate starlet turbo setup!

thanx mate, thats the plan, chris tested this and a the gt spec back to back and initialy so far its panning out that way, great low down performance like a standard ct9 with alot more up top. idealy im hoping for tdo4 rivaling power

Hey mate, will have the relavent info for you by the week end i hope, need to have a few runs in the car to moniter the current hybrid, still VERY interested in testing this mate :p

lol @ shorty, will spraff after the wknd

@ dan, here you go dude, a zisco job, there are other designs available speak to keith @ zisco and he will give you the run down on a one to one level

IMG_0061.jpg

@y3lo,

just heading out the now will pm you when im back with the details :p

what oil lines will fitt these will tdo4 fit ?

put up a pic of your manifold mate till i see where the wastegate sits

cheers dan

hey mate i would also like to know what oil lines will fit. Turbo looks very well think i will be having one of these in the future :p

i keep staring at these pics, i want it soooooooooo bad!!!!

Ditto

wish i had the cash as i really can't afford to or i would be a test pilot for you mate, looks a good set up.

And ditto, I'll definately be having one in a few months when I've got a few niggles sorted. This turbo looks to have perfect balance of power and spool for the 4efte, I can't wait to get one.

:D

reckon we would need a forged engine with one of these?

This will probably be on the very limits of a non forged angine.

hey mate i would also like to know what oil lines will fit. Turbo looks very well think i will be having one of these in the future :D

hey Ryan

sorry, i missed that responce from dan there,

i will supply oil and waterlines in a kit when i release to the public and have mock versions here, but the core is based on the 0h model which is slightly different to th 0L with the water lines being on each side instead of the one side. for prospective testers the oil lines from an 0L should fit but i will have to get back to you with a guaranteed confirmation

• 2 weeks later...

yea it will be a full kit consisting of

oil lines

waterline

oil return

turbo and gaskets

zisco manifold

will be included in the full kit, is taking a bit of planning sorting out the line for the waterline as its based on a tdo4h, but im sure they fit and have found suppliers.

bump

anyone firmly interested in testing let me know ;)

yea it will be a full kit consisting of

oil lines

waterline

oil return

turbo and gaskets

zisco manifold

will be included in the full kit, is taking a bit of planning sorting out the line for the waterline as its based on a tdo4h, but im sure they fit and have found suppliers.

bump

anyone firmly interested in testing let me know ;)

I dont have a forged engine mate.. i do want 2 buy one of your hybrids... Will it still be save? I have the mods to run it over 200 bhp...

have you got a rough price for the full kit. cause im gonna be saving the pennioes for this comming out to general public. but what do you recon with the standard internals? is it on the safe limit. i.e okay to run with or the unsafe limits?

well it's like a tdo4 and you can run a tdo4 on standard internals but only limited to like 1bar...and just like the tdo4 you wont be able to push this kit to the maximum of its abilities on standard internals i cant imagine.

Looks like a nice turbo! Nice one Enzo!

I would love to try it, even have the base setup (WEPR CT9 EXT wastegate setup) but im sure my engine is tired having it rolling roaded on sat to see how it is. If low on power have to suspect the worst.

I will keep an eye on this tho! As i eventually plan to run a 5E with a CT9..... CT9 hybrid like this.... sounds good like the idea of 220ish bhp and full boost about 2000rpm hahaha

I take it you will be selling the turbo seperate as well as a kit??

Cheers;

Harvey