Chanelle's Glanza Rep Build Thread

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear you sold your old car Chanelle, and even nicer that it could be an SR that you're getting.

Make sure to give it a good inspection.

Good luck.

Joz

Yeah we will be. My bf knows a lot of stuff especially under the bonnet, he knows what to look for. I should have some pics up tomorrow of the car if i like it. Gonna be picking up alloys tomorrow aswel so should be a good day lol.

@ep91face sorry it doesnt come with the exhaust, would of been happy to sell it to ya though.

My bf is already planning to nic the speedlines lol.

Anyway shoud have bout £700 to play with after i have the full kit and wheels. I need to get some headlights and my bf can get me some spax srpings (40mm) and a induction kit. Has anyone got any ideas of which i should spend my £500 on? Bearing in mind im planning on getting the exterier looking nice rather than the engine.

comments welcome as always.

thanks

chanelle

Hey everyone

Right just been to see my new sr, i will be picking it up on friday. Paid £1500 for it opinions welcome. Here are the pics below.

starlet.jpg

starlet2.jpg

As you can see there is a scratch on the sill which will be covered by the skirts

starlet3.jpg

Slight dent but that will easily be removed and the slight scrape which eventually will get sprayed as the rear bumper does to.

starlet4.jpg

starlet6.jpg

starlet5.jpg

Yeah i know it looks really dirty there but only because the bloke took the pictures at 8pm, it will still need a good clean though.

starlet7.jpg

unfortunatly doesnt come with the exhaust as he needed a new one but i have my trd one anyway.

anyway comments welcome.

thanks

chanelle

looks like a nice enough motor chanelle ive jus bought a black sr for a run about while the glanza is off the road :) wen are you hoping to get the rep all done??

Hopefully in June i reckon me and curt both have a week off. Wot is your sr like did ya get it off ebay by any chance?

chanelle

well the sr is ok its black, completely standard 70,000miles with all the sr stickers which is a bonus, nd na i didnt get it of ebay it was a customers at my work, it failed mot on front discs and pads, c/v boot and needs the exaust cat back, the customer didnt have any money so i offered him £700 for it which i think is a bloody bargin, only gonna use it for a couple of months because ive gota few things i wanna do an the v

Guest Enzo

hey channelle,

just being honest but i think you have payed a tad too much, maybe 2-300 the milage is decent though

have you actualy bought the car yet

if not i could spend a bit of time on my week off to try and grab you a bargain if your trying to save money,

mint eps are poping up for between 500-1k with ultra low granny miles and pristeen interiors and bodyworks,

just check

gumtree

adtrder

ebay

and you will see what i mean

nice sr though, whats the spec?

hey channelle,

just being honest but i think you have payed a tad too much, maybe 2-300 the milage is decent though

have you actualy bought the car yet

if not i could spend a bit of time on my week off to try and grab you a bargain if your trying to save money,

mint eps are poping up for between 500-1k with ultra low granny miles and pristeen interiors and bodyworks,

just check

gumtree

adtrder

ebay

and you will see what i mean

nice sr though, whats the spec?

I completly understand what your sayin but tbh i found it so hard to find a white one, and dont wanna spend loads on spraying it. It is hard trying to sell my car aswell as i need my car for work and someone offered me a great price for it and couldnt refuse. i could maby make a lil money back on selling a few of the bits bootlid etc. Completely standard, apart from no tte backbox. there is loads of history and has been well looked after. I fell in love when i saw it lol.

chanelle

a fair dues , did not realise it had to be white,

health to drive with her, il be keeping an eye on you stamping your mark on this one :lol:

Yh soz im doing it the cheaper way lol. Dont see many women on here doing this sortta stuff.

chanelle

Guest Enzo

not at all which is why il be watching to see how you make it turn out, white glanzas look the tits when moded

have you got any set of rims in mind?

i have a set of blue 17s that would look the muts on a white glanza that i would be willing to sell at the right price,

not at all which is why il be watching to see how you make it turn out, white glanzas look the tits when moded

have you got any set of rims in mind?

i have a set of blue 17s that would look the muts on a white glanza that i would be willing to sell at the right price,

I will be picking some 16" inovit svti's on fri before i pick up my car sorry :lol: . i reckon they will look nice aswel are they the league ones? Im in desperate need of some headlights and indicators atm, dont suppose ya no anyone boss man lol. thanks

chanelle

Guest Enzo

DSCF1481.jpg

yea they were those blue leagues, think they were made for a white v, not to worry though

i have a drivers side lamp i could sell to you if that would help(and a whole box of stock yellow indicators which is no use to you)

failing that your stuck with the brakers section and ebay

Congrats on finally getting your SR Chanelle :lol:

She looks a nice base to work from and nice to hear she has lots of history.

The price is what you are willing to pay so don't feel bad, my red na cost £2200 with 24k, 3 years back.

Are you after Glanza headlights? If so toyota is the best place for them, a little over £100 for a brand new set.

Don't go second hand for headlights.

They won't come with headlight adjusters (screws for adjusting the beam angle) so you use the ones that are on the SR headlights (no point in buying new unless broke)

June's going to be a busy month for you both! :p

Keep it up.

Joz

Congrats on finally getting your SR Chanelle :p

She looks a nice base to work from and nice to hear she has lots of history.

The price is what you are willing to pay so don't feel bad, my red na cost £2200 with 24k, 3 years back.

Are you after Glanza headlights? If so toyota is the best place for them, a little over £100 for a brand new set.

Don't go second hand for headlights.

They won't come with headlight adjusters (screws for adjusting the beam angle) so you use the ones that are on the SR headlights (no point in buying new unless broke)

June's going to be a busy month for you both! :p

Keep it up.

Joz

Thanks Joz.

Personally i think i got a good deal as the sr's are pretty rare and was after a white one, as i said i love it and that is all what matters.

Are you right in saying that if i was to buy some bn headlights from toyota without the clips and fittings, that they will go on with the fittings from my sr?

Yeah June is gonna be a busy one have to try and fit my 21st in with all this lol :lol:

thanks

chanelle

not bad motor, i would def sort out the damage to the sill before fitting the skirts as its gonna rust like a crazy mutha, looks like a good base for your G conversion.

not bad motor, i would def sort out the damage to the sill before fitting the skirts as its gonna rust like a crazy mutha, looks like a good base for your G conversion.

Thanjks

Anything you would recommend at all for the sill?

chanelle

Will be giving my new baby a good clean on sat prob spend bout 5-6hours cleaning her thoroughly wash, polish, wax and hoover, so will be getting some better pic up then, the ones on here atm are from the bloke i bought it from. Just seen a trd backbox on tgtt exactly the same as mine but was seriously rusty he wanted £80 + postage, ohh my god!! i got a graet bargain lol. Also im hopefully getting the black strips removed on friday so should look one hell of a lot better but will depend if we have enough time or not.

Tucka to answer your question i am gonna get some rust killer which i will will put on a few hours before fitting the skirts.

chanelle

Thanjks

Anything you would recommend at all for the sill?

chanelle

Will be giving my new baby a good clean on sat prob spend bout 5-6hours cleaning her thoroughly wash, polish, wax and hoover, so will be getting some better pic up then, the ones on here atm are from the bloke i bought it from. Just seen a trd backbox on tgtt exactly the same as mine but was seriously rusty he wanted £80 + postage, ohh my god!! i got a graet bargain lol. Also im hopefully getting the black strips removed on friday so should look one hell of a lot better but will depend if we have enough time or not.

Tucka to answer your question i am gonna get some rust killer which i will will put on a few hours before fitting the skirts.

chanelle

ah right cool, i would also sand it down as far as possible to remove most of the surface rust (pendin how bad it is) then get a lil spray paint jus to protect the fresh metal work doesnt matter how it looks aslong as its protected. and with u hiding it with the skirt it wont matter if the spray finish is crap.

thats the cheapest way of doin it without choppin into it

rust is car cancer! its bad shi* get it before it spreads worse

Well i finally have my new sr. Had a boring 6hr drive yesterday as we picked up the wheels first and spent 1 and a half hours on the m25 followed by more traffic.

WOW the car drives a dream, the handling is great and so responsive.

I havnt been able to take any pics duing the day as been taking the poxy black strips off, took me 4 bloody hours.

Anyways i have managed to take some pics of my new parts.

Got the wheels for £290

DSC00075.jpg

HKS air filter

DSC00077.jpg

anyway hope u like

chanelle x