Yeah its obvious that it will be a prbelm when the stock tmic is moved as it stops the majority of water getting through.

When I fitted my fmic ad it rained heavily water would get into my spark plug chmabers and cause a missfire and starting problems until I covered the scoop with duct tape!

I would definately recommend doing something to stop the water getting in, whether it be a reverse scoop a Glanza S bonnet or even duct tape, they'll all do the job!

Yeah ok nice one mate, i was lucky i caught it early as there wasnt that much water in there so i just got a plastic bag over the scoop atm as its off the road anyway :angry2:

I might go for a "S" Bonnet, but i do love the look of the scoop :unsure:

need to see if anyone on here has water trouble with a reverse scoop, would love a reverse carbon one :D

Cheers mate, starlybruiser :surrender:

reverse scoops look gash impo

i have had front mount for 8-9 month never had a problem with it, even did a track day at silverstone at trax last year it was pissing it down so (touch wood) never had an issue

Someone should just make some sort of cover for the engine so water can't get into the spark plugs/leads.

Would be alot cheaper than the expensive reverse scoops and people who like the look of the standard scoops would be better off.

Maybe it could use the bracket that holds the TMIC in place as somewhere to fix it to?

ive got the same problem and burned out my leads so gonna be ordering the carbon reverse scoop soon, at the min ive made a blockoff extention that fits to the back of the scoop, and no problems so far!

Got any pics of the extension thing youve done? would be interesting to see mate :surrender:

I love my reverse scoop! didn't like it at first but the carbon goodness grew on me and i think it looks mean as...carbon reverse scoop on black is pure win!

I noticed it also helps extract a lot of the hot air under the bonnet which is a plus.

no rain getting in my bay :surrender: