★ Sanchez' Forged K26 TOM'S Kitted EP82 ★

Hi guys new to the site and thought i would share my 93 gt with you all... enjoy!

This is my car how i bought it last summer,

Its a 1993 Ep82 GT. The car had been in the country for another year before i brought it, it was imported by WRC Sales in bradford. It had around 60k miles when it came into the country and that was about 2 years ago now.

458218-2.jpg

458218-3.jpg

458218-4.jpg

6-1-1.jpg

CURRENT MODS

EXTERIOR:

TOM's front bumper

TOM's sideskirts

TOM's rear spats

TOM's racing lightweight alloys

Middle boot panel respayed same as car

INTERIOR:

Racing steering wheel

Momo gear knob

Razo foot pedals

Boost gauge

Various dash surounds resparayed in white

CHASSIS/HANDELING:

GAB coilovers

Lightweight flywheel

TRD clutch pressure plate

ENGINE:

Exmag exhaust system (rare im told?)

Rx7 TMIC

HKS Bov (old)

Hks actuator

Set at 0.8 bar of boost

Aftermarket induction kit

I have got alot of plans for this as i have always wanted one since i saw one at jap fest a while back so will keeping it for a while.

Will be a slow process as i need to save and find the time to do it all!

Basically i want to acheive over 200bhp and i know it will be expensive smile.gif

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:

Forged engine

TD04

Supporting mods, emanage etc

Battery relocation

Respray

UPDATES:

-Stripped out rear interior, seats, seatbelts and panels.

-Cleaned up and respayed everywhere to give it a fresh clean look.

-Also resprayed the space saver centre in white to match.

-Refitted rear panels as i thought it looked too track-day lol as its my everyday driver!

5.jpg

-Relocated battery to the boot as the old one failed on me, so thought i might as well do it (am told it has to be a gel type battery for safety and all but it recently passed MOT so ...)

4.jpg

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Not updated on here for a while, looooooooads to add :thumbsup:

Little photoshoot:

Photoshoot

Well just before my engine died me and a few mates washed our cars to excellent results ;)

So my mate who is into his photography decided to take a few pics before it got dark and while the cars were looking mint :D

Group shot:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

The GT:

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

My mate K20 CRX:

DSC_0059.jpg

b242ed50.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Other mates JDM integra:

DSC_0072.jpg

The Best Bit...Buying Parts!

The best part of any project is sourcing and buying all the parts for it.

I have been glued to the 'For Sale' and 'EBay' for months now waiting for that bargain to pop up :thumbsup:

Im still scouring hard for those rare and unique parts!

Any way heres the extensive list of parts that i have spent all my hard earned money on ;)

Accessories

With all the plans i had for the GT and all the money i will spend on it, i thought it would be a good idea to up security.

So when Danb87 had a nice CLIFFORD alarm for sale at a good price, i could'nt pass it up, comes with Intellistart, lovely for them cold winter nights :beer:

DSC00051.jpg

A few Toyota accessories - Key ring and TRD tax disc holder.

DSCF0814.jpg

Some nice TD reservoir covers from Nick to tidy up the engine bay a little.

DSCF0724.jpg

Got a TOMS handbrake cover off EBAY, thought it was a nice touch anyway.

DSCF0912.jpg

Braking.

So realizing that breaking will be a must when running a big power starlet i got right on the case.

I didnt want to go with the usual upgrade of EBC disks and pads and didnt want to fork out the £800+ for the likes of WILLWOODS or KSPORT etc...

So when i saw a nice twin pot AE111 conversion on EBAY i got in contact with the buyer (which happened to be Riko66 off the forum) to enquire into what else would be needed to fit.

It turnt out that Enrico had already had the machining down work to fit a starlet done so was a happy chappy, and along with some braided break lines, looked like i had a decent setup.

P1000679.jpg

To go with the nice setup on the front i thought would be a good idea to get some uprated rear brakes, so picked up a set of grooved disks and MINTEX pads from EBAY.

DSCF0813.jpg

Also from EBAY picked up a CUSCO bmcs, which turnt out to be for an EP91, although i was told it would fit, but have since sold that to buy an EP82 one.

DSCF0872.jpg

Cooling

So onto cooling, knowing that keeping temperatures steady is important for engine life.

So got in touch with Nick at Tuning Developments for a few parts, one being an SARD engine thermostat.

DSCF0728.jpg

Found a nice cooling panel made by Jezza (JD Tuning) from the forum that Idrees had for up in the 'for sale' section so snapped that up.

DSCF0690.jpg

Had to keep oil temps at a low so looked around for a while for a decent oil cooler kit to come up.

Then Ed aka WhiteGlanzaV had for sale his MOCAL oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit at a good price.

13092009187.jpg

Next on the cooling list was a smaller radiator to accommodate the space that the new turbo kit would take up as most are not standard rad friendly.

So when Mak-turbo broke his first GT, his K26 beast lol i had a few parts off him including the half size aluminum radiator, silicone hoses and water temp adapter.

DSCF0699.jpg

Had a few different front mount intercooler setups but was'nt happy with them so they were sold on and got in contact with Mark-glanza.co.uk about a brand new TD04 WEPR kit he had in stock.

Is a lovely bit of kit and i and alot of others will recommend it to anyone :(

DSCF0869.jpg

A cheap TRD rad cap was found on EBAY advertised for a starlet which it was'nt :mad: lol

DSCF0838.jpg

Chassis

Right so with all this power that was planned for the little starlet i had to do something about making some chassis and handling improvements.

First on the list was a 24mm WHITELINE anti roll bar taken from TMDevelopments ex demo car when it was broke for parts, cheers Dave.

DSCF0694.jpg

Also from TMD's demo car, i took front and rear CUSCO strut braces.

DSCF0692.jpg

Found a cheap POLYFLEX anti lift kit on EBAY so that was bought.

DSCF0868.jpg

Again found on EBAY was 10 WHITLINE panhard rods from Demon Tweeks.

Must of been clearance stock as they were up for a steal, so payed for one of them then informed the the lads on the forum :beer:

DSCF0864.jpg

Drivetrain

With the power planned, a decent clutch and flywheel were on the cards, so researched about abit and found a few options.

I found some decent priced flywheels from AASCO and then the likes of CUSCO etc along with an EXEDY or CAP paddle clutch seemed to be a good setup and recommended by members....

Untill i found this :p

DSCF0810.jpg

A nice TT clutch line come up cheap so got that aswell.

DSCF0862.jpg

Right so the next important thing to get was an Limited Slip Differential (LSD), this was a must to try and reduce the wheel-spin and to keep power down.

So i got searching, again EBAY came turnt up a KAAZ LSD located in Japan.

Onto the forum to ask for advice on this particular LSD and it seemed to be recommend.

DSCF0716.jpg

Engine

A new heart was need for my car after i lost compression and my big end bearings went, i think this was caused by boost creep as i noticed a few times it boosting up to and past a bar of boost.

So this started the plan to do a big powered forged build, so time to get my wallet out.

Looked at a few places to get a forged engine as im not competent enough to do it myself so TMD and Toy Tuning at the time seemed to be the way forward, but money was tight at the time so opted for a 2nd hand forged engine.

A few were for sale at the time and eventually found one through the help of Rumel.

DSCF0697.jpg

Spec

Block Rebored, Chemically Cleaned & Crosshatch Honed.

Wiesco Forged Low Compression Pistons.

Scat Forged Rods.

New Bearings.

Reground Crank.

Cleaned & Stripped Head.

Reseated Valves & New Stem Seals.

Custom Uprated Headbolts.

New Oil Pump, Water Pump, Thermostat, Oil Sender Switch & Full Engine Gasket Kit.

Cruise Head Gasket.

Cruise Valve Springs.

Some uprated engine mounts were needed and the 2 best options were POLYFLEX and TRD, and when the TMD demo car was stripped i Took the TRD mounts aswell as a ZEP engine torque damper.

DSCF0693.jpg

DSCF0691.jpg

Got onto Nick at TD and had some NGK iridum heat range 8 plugs, a nice new throttle body pulley and a TD oil catch can sent my way.

DSCF0725.jpg

DSCF0726.jpg

DSCF0730.jpg

So with the spark plugs sorted i needed some new leads and found these when a member was selling up, some SPLITFIRE 8.8 ht leads.

DSCF0723.jpg

With most of the parts now in place, i got onto the phone to a few mates to come round one evening after work to help...to take the engine out for me lol and a couple of hours later we were left with this:

DSCF0695.jpg

DSCF0696.jpg

A pretty dirty looking engine bay which i wasnt sure about with all my new shiny parts so got on the phone the next day to a mate who used to work at Renault F1's bodyshop to give me a hand prepping a spraying it and after a few days hard graft cleaning and spraying as best we could with the conditions we were in (side of the road lol) ended up with this :p

engine4.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine2.jpg

Found a clear SPS cam cover that came from Rumel when he broke his GT, sad times, but cheers mate :D

DSCF0902.jpg

And a nice shiny FORGE dump valve that i got from Brad_L a while ago now, hope it sounds nice,

DSCF0906.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

I have since sold my TD catch can and EP91 Cusco bmcs to a fellow members and now have a nice shiny Cusco catch can(EP82 fitment) and EP82 Cusco bmcs!

Cheers Jay :beer:

DSCF0952.jpg

Electronics

So onto the electrical side of the build.

Knowing that keeping an eye on engine temperature and pressure levels was a must if problems were to occur and for me not ruin something.

So the most important levels to keep an eye on were, oil temperature, oil pressure and water temperature.

I didnt ant the dashboard to be decorated with gauges lol so i looked for a different setup and thought a din size holder to go above the CD player would a nice tidy setup.

I had a look at many different ones from universal holders that your gauges would fit into, to Nissan Pulsar GTI-R din style gauges but realized i should do it properly when i found a DEFI din in Japan and got onto JGT (Jay) who i would recommend to anyone.

DSCF0808.jpg

Also needed was a boost gauge, and through EBAY found a well priced DEFI 60mm boost and EGT (exhaust gas temp) gauges which i have since sold to Jonny_C as i wanted a different style to match my din gauges.

DSCF0867.jpg

Still have the DEFI link unit though as it will be needed.

Right so another must for a build like this was some form of engine management, and again looked at a few options.

Found a HKS FCON PRO that was taken from Dave at TMD's demo car but missed out on that by a day lol was gutted i missed out on one of the best standalone ECU's on the market.

So started looking for another and there are stacks of members running GREDDY piggyback ECU's, so decided to go for the Emanage Ultimate (EMU) over the Emanage Blue (EMB) due to the fact its a better piggyback with more options for it.

DSCF0816.jpg

So since i bought the car i had a small problem with the speedometer, where the speed dial would get stuck or not even work at all, so bought a replacement cluster from Japan with some low milage :(

To go with that i wanted to update the clocks and also to match them with the DEFI colours, so got some Indiglo plasma dials.

DSCF0807.jpg

Needed a boost controller now, so when Mak-turbo broke his 2nd EP, i had a few bits off him, one being a BLITZ profec boost controller.

DSCF0916.jpg

A HKS turbo timer and harness from Stew was for sale which i needed.

DSCF0903.jpg

AEM wideband was needed for tuning when my car gets set up....eventually lol

so picked one up of EBAY once again haha

DSCF0915.jpg

And a speedo convertor was bought from Ray aka GTworld, cheers matey

DSCF0905.jpg

Right been looking for a nice Defi gauge to go with the rest of my dials for a while now, missed out on a few being sold on the forum and a few decent one off ebay :thumbsup:

So with no luck in finding a 2nd hand one to save some money, i forked out £120 for a brand new one and glad i did now :D

DSCF0949.jpg

Got some HIDs from a ebay seller close to me, who was also selling a Greddy oil cooler and relocation kit, so me and 'smashed 01' went round there to purchase these items!

DSCF0950.jpg

So after missing out on the HKS Fcon V Pro that Dave was selling and a few PFCs that were around i bought the EMU which i have now done a swap deal with a member from here, and i now own a standalone Apexi PFC :rockon:

DSCF0955.jpg

DSCF0956.jpg

DSCF0953.jpg

Fueling

Next the fueling had to be addressed so started looking for a set of injectors, had a thread up for advice on which would be best for my build and the outcome seemed to range from 460cc to 550cc and when Dan_ep82, a site mod had some 550's up i took them.

DSCF0873.jpg

A FSE fuel pressure regulator was then needed so picked this up from a TGTT member along with a gauge.

photo-111.jpg

photo-112.jpg

Always wanted a HKS fuel rail but hey are so rare there was none about untill a few special group buys were opened but did'nt want to pay the huge £250+ for one so left it in the end...

...But... then Dave B was selling a 2nd hand one with braided line at a good price so snapped that up super quick before anyone else lol

SDC11705.jpg

An uprated fuel pump was needed and a Walbro one seemed to be the one to go for, but again Nick at TD had some TD fuel pumps so got one of them too.

DSCF0727.jpg

Induction

Induction was important as it would supply the turbo with the air needed so had a couple of ideas.

1. To buy an air filter relocation kit which seems to be the safe option

2. Being to mesh the turbo, but hear bad and good things about this option so we will see..

Anyway i bought a Power enterprise filter and homemade relocation kit from gt_dan when he broke his car for parts, but have since sold it on to J as it was for a TD04 setup which was planned but obviously am now K26.

DSCF0719.jpg

So am still looking for a nice air filter setup...

Also a nice new Apexi cone and air filter relocation kit form Distilles broken Glanza V ;) Cheers matey!

DSCF0957.jpg

Interior

The interior in the GT isn't actually as bad as most cars that are 15 years old but still i am planning to give it a more modern look, so a full flocked interior is next on the list.

So with a flocked interior planned, i thought the standard front seats will look out of place so had a look for some new racing seats, had my heart set on some Evo 9 blue and black recliners but when i saw this :eek: i just had to have it... :rockon:

DSCF0893.jpg

DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

Got it for an absolute steal :D:D:D

Picked this custom centre console off of EBAY but went for a different setup so was sold to a TGTT member. Nice bit of kit though!

BUCgMLQ2kKGrHgoOKjwEjlLmSt7BKLiH4BE.jpg

A nice TRD short shift from TMD.

DSCF0689.jpg

So far i have had 3 seat rail to fit my TOMS seat to my car.

The BRIDE rail it came on, which is for a Supra :p

DSCF0917.jpg

A RECARO seat rail, which came without runners and dosent fit :mad:

DSCF0897.jpg

And another BRIDE rail purchased from Pete Streettech, cheers mate :D but unfortunately dosent fit either :p

DSCF0918.jpg

Turbo

The original plan to charge the starlet was to go down the tried and tested TD04 route, and with so many traders doing full kits i decided it would be a good idea.

But after abit of thinking, and realizing EVERYBODY lol had done this setup thought i would be a little bit different and go down the KKK26 route.

I know it has been done on the starlets before, but main reason for choosing this setup was after a full KKK26 kit popped up from ZISCO PERFORMANCE.

So was arranged with Keith at ZISCO and payments was sorted :D

DSCF0886.jpg

DSCF0892-1.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

A few gaskets...

DSCF0863.jpg

Lol a fair bit there for member who have not seen updates on tgtt, hope you like!

Wow that is some update lmao, i think its one of the biggest updates i've seen for years lol

Some real nice parts there sanchez i see you got your self a power fc aswell :thumbsup:

also loveing the TOM'S seat and the other TOM'S goodies you have, they look the dogs bits lol

What BHP are you aiming to get sanchez?

Cheers lads, looking to get 250+bhp with the K26 Micky, not too sure, as not many members have gone with this setup so not sure what im aiming for tbh, as with the td04, you sort of know what your going for as its tried and tested many times...

Yeah got the power fc, traded it with my emu, glad i got a decent ecu now ;)

Yeah love the TOMS bits, got abit addicted to them tbh, hahaha, bought that blue TOMS gearknob in the classifieds and now have a TOMS dished steering wheel...

Pics soon when the mrs brings her camera round :thumbsup:

Lol TOM'S TOM'S TOM'S even more TOM'S :D

I think that will be a nice power figher to go for not to much and not to less you will get every bit of BHP to the road then :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some updates mate, keep up the hard work sanchez ;)

Yeah 250ish bhp seems a nice figure for the starlet, bought a fair few handling parts to try keep the power down, so all should be well :thumbsup:

Can start fitting all this shite within the next few weeks, cant wait to hear her running again, its been toooooo long ;)

More pics soon!!

wow thats how to update a thread :thumbsup:. only thing i have to add is that the half sized rads are for civics which is why the cap dont fit. buy one for a civic and ul be sorted. I THINK ;) thats alot of moneys worth of update though and sounds like its gonna be epic