As have now had my car for a whole year, I thought I'd do a new thread that's a bit tidier and has all the info together etc :)

When I bought the car (nicknamed 'the Potato', or 'Spuddy'), a '96 Paseo ST with full Toyota Lip Kit it had a mere 36,700 miles and was standard in practicaly every way. It even had the standard Toyota Cassette unit - although that was promptly replaced with a Kenwood CD player.

Here's a few pics of the car when I first got her

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

First things were fitting a CD playerand replacing the chunky DIN blanking plate with a shelfy thing, followed up by clear side repeaters being fitted.

Bye chunky plate

IMG_3141.jpg

And hello swish tray type thing

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

The first 'big' modification was a stainless steel cat-back exhaust, courtesy of Pipecraft in Basildon.

The was originally a single box system as can be seen in the photos, although I did later go back and have a mid box fitted.

Out with the old

IMG_3147.jpg

In with the new

IMG_3154.jpg

For my 20th Birthday my parents kindly purchased me some new wheels - some 15" Team Dynamics to replace the existing 14" OZ wheels

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

The next task for me was to sort out the knackered radiator, so I purchased myself a shiny new one, and with the assistance of Rick, had it fitted, and at the same time changed all the belts (which turned into a nightmare to do, but got done after much swearing at the car, but that's a story for another time :) )

In terms of modifications, following the wheels was the addition of a tanabe strut brace (can be seen in a later pic) and some black diamond grooved brake discs up front.

IMG_3309.jpg

After this with the help of Alex (who also fitted my brake discs) some new suspension was fitted, namely KYB Excel G shocks with Tein springs all round, which was followed up with the addition of a Whiteline adjustable panhard rod to help straighten things out at the back.

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

This was then follwed up by some carbon fibery goodness

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

After this the front indicators were de-egged

Before

IMG_3750.jpg

After

IMG_3845.jpg

By this point I'd done a fair bit around the car, but hadn't really addressed the lack of comfort inside the car, so this was changed by adding some AE92 Corolla Gti seats (cheers Riko) with a Cynos rear bench to match (darker fabric than the UK spec material, and nicer looking in my opinion)

The Gti seats are awesome, and have the added bonus of adjustable lumbar support and adjustable bolsters for increased hugging power :)

IMG_3848.jpg

Shortly after the above, new Magnecore 8mm Ignition Leads were fitted (along with a new distributor cap and rotor arm), and thanks to Alex (again) I now have a Corolla Inlet manifold fitted, which has made a nice difference to how the car drives :)

IMG_3850.jpg

Next up was a little bit of maintainence in the form of a new fuel filter and an oil change.

Ater this, I fancied a rolling road session to see what (low) power the car was putting out, and the results can be seen below:

69hp @ 5000rpm

83lb/ft torque @ 2900rpm

(figures taken at the wheels, not the engine/flywheel)

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Finally, we come to the most recent pair of changes, in the form of tinted rear windows, and (finally) Cynos doorcards to finish off my interior (once again thanks to Riko). Pics can be seen below in a moment, as thought I'd put up a few pics showing how the car was when I bought her, and how she stands now, one year later.

Exterior June 2008

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

Exterior June 2009

IMGP2144.jpg

IMGP2145.jpg

Old Interior

IMG_3144.jpg

New Interior

IMGP2146.jpg

IMGP2147.jpg

I personally am really pleased with how the last year has gone in terms of the car, and am truely thankful for the help and support I've had from the guys on here who've been involved with the work carried out, and sourcing me parts and so on.

There's a fair few bits on the car that haven't been listed individually in the above write-up, so here's a full spec list (as far as I can remember).

<be>Engine</be>

TRD Panel filter

Corolla Inlet Manifold

Magnecore 8mm Ignition Leads

Custom cat-back exhaust

<be>Suspension/Brakes</be>

KYB Excel-G shock absorbers

Tein lowering springs

Whiteline adjustable panhard rod

Tanabe front strut brace

Black Diamond grooved front brake discs

Black Diamond brake pads

<be>Drivetrain</be>

TC shortshifter

Royal Purple gearbox oil

<be>Exterior</be>

Toyota Optional Lip Kit

Toyota Optional Rear spoiler

Team Dynamics 'Jet' alloy wheels

Clear side repeaters

De-egged front indicators

Xenon Headlight bulbs

Tinted rear windows

<be>Interior</be>

Kenwood CD player

AE92 Corolla Gti front seats

Cynos rear seats

Cynos Doorcards

TRD gearknob

Carbon fibre effect dial surround and clock surround

Plus have a few bits waiting to be fitted, such as TRD gearbox mount, rear brake disc conversion parts, DoLuck braided brake lines, braided clutch line, larger throttle body and some other little bits and pieces.

If you've made it this far, thankyou very much for taking the time to read this :D

Cheers for looking!!

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Rob, depends what happens with the car engine wise as certain ideas would call for a remap, which obviously would involve sorting the fueling.

And Riko, that looks good :) Well, it fits in with the rest of your interior

As for Gaz, be quiet :)

• 2 weeks later...