• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another update!

The car has been off the road for pretty much a month now, not for bad reasons though! :)

I really fancied a big change of wheels but nothing has popped up in my price range (Which is rather low) that really stand out to me. I have decided to put that on hold and since I really feel my current wheels work really nicely with the car I thought it was best to keep them for now. As most of you know I'm a bit of a perfectionist with paintwork and things so they had to match the standard of the rest of the car.

The reason the car has been off the road is because I sent the wheels off to be powdercoated and the T1R's on my Volks were getting a little too near to bald for my liking. It made it pointless driving in wet weather and with that and the snow we've been having lately I didn't fancy this post being pictures of me crashing!

The wheels were done by a local company that Rick recommended, the guy seriously took his time but with the snow and things I didn't mind, they came out really well so I'm happy.

I have now given them 2 layers of Poorboys Wheel Sealant (This stuff smells as good as it looks) so now I won't have to spend too much time cleaning them for a while!

Here's how they came out, not the best pics as the lighting isn't great in my garage.

Picture015-5.jpg

Picture016-5.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture014-3.jpg

Picture017-4.jpg

They are indeed Iddy, probably even better than when they left the factory to be honest, the paintwork on them before seemed quite poor.

Riko - Yes, you slut, I haven't got £500+ spare to fork out for a different set and I do actually like them. I've got the spacers to be fitted still so hopefully they'll fill the arches a bit nicer once I've done that.

They look awesome Bill, also Poorboys Wheel Sealent FTW!!! Although i end up just smelling it and not applying it to my wheels :o

Thanks mate, the wheel sealant is awesome, brings them up like new with a quick shot on the pressure washer.

It does smell delicious too, I'm debating not washing my hands for a while. :)

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

by any chance is that the same lad as repaired my Volks before Rick sent them to me?? if so, he is ubes!!!!

mate they look awesome, and with spacer, mmmmmmmmm delicious!!!!!!!!

lookin forward to seeing them fitted!

also, where can i get some of this wheel sealant stuff??? may have to get some for the Volks!

Phil.

Thanks Phil, yep, pretty sure it's the same guy who did your Volks, his work is great!

Spacers are only 15mm hubcentrics, didn't want anything too extreme, they just don't fill my arches as much as the Volks at the moment. :)

I would advise this guy for the Wheel Sealant mate:

http://www.detailedobsession.com/catalog/p...?products_id=62

If you're planning on making a decent sized order, let me know and I'll see about getting you a discount, I know the guy quite well. :o

Thanks Addz, the rest of the car lets it down now, winter has taken its toll a bit! :)

No worries Phil, he's a sound guy, lives right near me he's the only person I buy from.

Wheels are lookin sick Bill. I've always thought they needed spacers, so do most wheels to be honest, be good to see more pics soon :D

Joe

Thanks bro, yeah the spacers will make a fair bit of difference I hope!

15mm spacers will make the world of a difference to be fair, can't wait to see these fitted.

One more thing, wider front fenders would look cool especially with the spacers. :D

Glad to hear they'll make a noticeable difference, I'd been worried I should've perhaps gone for 20, time will tell! Maybe one day with the wide fenders! :D

Love this motor and tbh the wheels are fine dont see why you would want to change them :D

They look amazing now aswell

Thanks bro, I was after something that stood out a little more. They wouldn't of been an average set, something like the RG's Idrees had on his white Glanza for instance.

Damb they look brand new!

Nice one mate

Cant wait to see them in the flesh :thumbsup:

Better than new mate, the Enkei paint finish was slacking. :p

Bill, any chance you would get discount on Poorboys Quick Detailer (cant remeber the proper name) im after a few bottles of that for the summer!!

Liam, give me a PM with the exact order you would like to make from him and I'll see what I can do mate. I can't guarantee anything as I normally make quite large orders when I go to him but I'll try my best.

Not planning to make a decent order anytime soon, made one a couple of months ago and I'm skint as hell at the moment I'm afraid.

What are you using it for? Just as a wipedown after a small amount of use? If so, dilute it 10:1 (10 parts water, 1 part Spray n Wipe) it will last you ages that way.

I'm sure I can save you a few quid mate, how many bottles are you after?

Spray n Wipe would still be better for removal of light dust etc due to it being much more lubricated, especially when mixed with water.

Gary, if you're looking for something to give it shine rather than a wipe down then there are a few new products I could point you in the direction of, one being the Optimax that Rick is speaking of.

Yeah Bill im only after it for some quick sessions, like after a clean so i can keep her looking clean for a few more days. Im using the ICE range at the minute and getting good results, but i want to start using some proper detailing stuff.

If i gave you a budget, could you sort me out with some stuff that you would recommend?? Like Shampoo, Quick Detailer, Tyre Dressing, etcc..