• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work mate, glad it was ok.

are you going to look at the compression tests more and figure out why it did that or just hope for the best with it?? or do you think it has fixed itself?

I'm going to be keeping an eye on the compression levels, it was all rather random but Nick gave me an in-depth explaination as to what could've happened but since I'm not too mechanical minded I find it a bit hard to explain but I know what he meant. I think possibly that because I haven't been driving it hard at all for so long (I was waiting for mapping) that it could've just needed a real ragging, which the mapping provided.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, and I sure as hell will enjoy it Phil, I bet you're enjoying the beginning stage of boost? :p Wait until you get the hunger for more!

Thought i would reply to the thread just to say it has been a pleasure meeting Bill and Rick, both really nice down to earth genuine guys and Bills car is a very well looked after example and i could tell working on it that no expense was spared and showed with his love for the car.

Thanks for the kind words from both bill and rick we aim to give good, honest opinions and let our workmanship do the talking so it means alot for nice feedback, also i live in warrington and ive never been to that nandos guys, if you come back up again i will come with you :wub:

As always its a pleasure and you know where i am if you need anything more i'll be happy to help!

~Nick @ Tuning Developments LTD

Firstly, two garages and a tuning company couldnt spot loose bolts?? Nubs

Thats a very impressive figure for the wheels mate, glad she is running well :wub:

Its nice to hear some Feedback on Nicks work and I think you just made up my mind to make the journey and get mine mapped by him :( You got a postcode for them so I can see how far away they are?

Keep up the good work, love this car

nice result! that boost curve is soo staright! what boost controler you using again Bill? the torque seems a tad low though? my gt spec made just under 140ftlb at 0.7bar.

well nice to see it all mapped up though... you must have one of the nicest on the site (and in my opinion there arnt many on this site that realy stand out).

nice one :wub:

Awesome Bill!! Glad it sorted itself out.

Hope it behaves itself from now on, and you dont have anymore trouble with it.

Thanks mate, it's been running like a dream the last couple of days, I'm absolutely loving it right now.

"wait until"??? mate, its here already!!!

glad the grinding was nothing serious dude!!! enjoy!

Phil.

Tell me about it, it's one of those moments where you thought you had checked everything but there's always something you didn't notice!

Glad yours is all together bro, get on MSN sometime it'll be good to have a chat if you get some free time.

Thought i would reply to the thread just to say it has been a pleasure meeting Bill and Rick, both really nice down to earth genuine guys and Bills car is a very well looked after example and i could tell working on it that no expense was spared and showed with his love for the car.

Thanks for the kind words from both bill and rick we aim to give good, honest opinions and let our workmanship do the talking so it means alot for nice feedback, also i live in warrington and ive never been to that nandos guys, if you come back up again i will come with you B)

As always its a pleasure and you know where i am if you need anything more i'll be happy to help!

~Nick @ Tuning Developments LTD

Pleasure meeting both of you aswell mate, it was rather hard to show emotion whilst practically sleepwalking but your work was outstanding. You're right that no expense has been spared and I'm reaping the benefits from that now, the car's running so nicely it's unreal.

Get your arse up to that Nando's mate, it was worth the 10-odd hour journey for! :D

If I ever need anything doing that justifies a journey like that again yours will be the direction I'm heading in mate!

Firstly, two garages and a tuning company couldnt spot loose bolts?? Nubs

Thats a very impressive figure for the wheels mate, glad she is running well :D

Its nice to hear some Feedback on Nicks work and I think you just made up my mind to make the journey and get mine mapped by him B) You got a postcode for them so I can see how far away they are?

Keep up the good work, love this car

Thanks bud, I'd like to have 200bhp ATF but it runs really nicely and at the end of the day I'd just be chasing figures which is really, really pointless. I have what I set out for, a fast road car that is fun and practical for every day use.

I'm sure you can see my feelings on Nick's work mate, both his work and hospitality were great, I'd recommend him to anyone who's thinking of making the journey.

Postcode is WA3 mate. (Warrington, Cheshire.)

nice result! that boost curve is soo staright! what boost controler you using again Bill? the torque seems a tad low though? my gt spec made just under 140ftlb at 0.7bar.

well nice to see it all mapped up though... you must have one of the nicest on the site (and in my opinion there arnt many on this site that realy stand out).

nice one :wub:

Thanks mate, I'm running a Blitz DSBC, it's been great not had any issues with it whatsoever. I'm unsure why the torque is low, I don't know much about it personally. At the end of the day the car runs nicely and doesn't struggle when it comes to pulling so I won't worry about it too much. Maybe one day but for now I'm more than happy with it, if it aint broke, don't fix it!

So thats what you were up in warrington for!

Nice result there dude!

Indeed! :( Thanks mate

Very nice result mate, love your car :(

Thanks bud!

Yeah well ill be down in the area in january so i'll pop over and have a nandos with you guys and have a look round all your motors again :thumbsup: and yeah he has a Blitz Dual SBC one of the best boost controllers on the market in our opinion, wouldnt use anyother on our cars :lol:

If anyone needs anything further please just drop us a Private Message, as bill said though its WA3 post code and in Warrington, Cheshire.

Kind regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments

www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk

3 hour journey not bad :p

Drove 2 hours to go to Weston, never again :thumbsup:

Im sure it would be worth the extra hour this time. Will be in touch in a few months :lol:

Gald your happy Bill mate, whats next? :lol:

Come back to weston you tart! fed up of being the only weston uksc'er!

3 hour journey not bad :p

Drove 2 hours to go to Weston, never again :(

Im sure it would be worth the extra hour this time. Will be in touch in a few months ;)

Gald your happy Bill mate, whats next? :thumbsup:

I went further than that and it was worth every bit of it.

Next is wheel refurb, getting that done this week hopefully. After that it'll probably be handling and a few other bits. I've poured a lot of money into it this year and it'd be nice to spend money on something else for a couple of months.

Your car looks amazing :lol: good results aswell!

Thanks bud. :lol:

bill, im up your way next weekend, i'll sort the shit out of the dsbc mate. we'll get it delicious at a bar. omnoms. plus im driving it. you aint got a say in the matter.

also semen.

You're up my way every weekend. I'll let you know if I'm about though as I can drive and you can adjust the dsbc innit. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry I forgot to reply to your PM mate. I read it on the Blackberry and totally forgot about it, it wouldn't let me respond at the time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the core was this:

http://www.universal-intercoolers.co.uk/shop.html

The "large" one on that site. I'm pretty sure of it, I got it on eBay though and I can't find the link as it was longer than 90 days ago.

The WEPR piping did need some trimming with it mind you, nothing too complex though.

I'm really sorry I forgot to reply to your PM mate. I read it on the Blackberry and totally forgot about it, it wouldn't let me respond at the time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the core was this:

http://www.universal-intercoolers.co.uk/shop.html

The "large" one on that site. I'm pretty sure of it, I got it on eBay though and I can't find the link as it was longer than 90 days ago.

The WEPR piping did need some trimming with it mind you, nothing too complex though.

Ok mate, thanks alot for the help, just need to find a glanza first lol