so whats your views on the tubby then>? whats she boosting too, , , spill the beans man!

Haha, that's the interesting part bud.

Basically all the pipes connected brilliantly to the WEPR piping however the part that goes to the HDi one went on far too easily and I knew I had an issue. I did the clamps I had with it up as tight as possible but as soon as I went on boost for the first time I got to .5 bar and it popped off, so I tried to make it a bit tigher but I went on boost and it came off again. I ran off boost for the rest of my journey.

Tomorrow I'll be putting a smaller clamp on, roughing up the edges of the hose and the piping to hopefully make it not slide off so easily.

Sorry not to be able to give you a positive answer there man, nothing to do with the turbo at all though. :thumbsup:

Will let you know as soon as my niggly issues are resolved!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good bill, looks stunning. One of the best looking v's imho, cant wait to see this at medstone (hopefully). Well done rick, youve done a great job, hats off to you bud.

chanelle x

Thanks Chanelle yours is looking great too, hopefully see you at Medstone. :thumbsup:

get a big pile of jubely clips on there, ive got three minimum on each connection

3? Blimey lol.

I'm using Mikalor clamps which are a lot thicker and stronger, the only issue was that where it seems to tighten them all perfectly it was just the HDi one where both ends were touching and it couldn't be tightened anymore. It was down to the clip being too big I'm sure so I've got a smaller one to put on.

I'll then run it and see how that goes, worst case scenario I might add another clip onto it mate, thanks for the advice. Don't really want them popping off all the time, it's annoying having to try and fix it on the roadside!

Amazing mate I love the fat stance in the first pic love the way it sits :)

Bet it feels so unrestricted now and wants to really go, well once the niggly bits are resloved

LOL

Thats funny about your hoses keep falling off.. thats the exact problem ive got with mine at the moment too.. however, ill be gettin a new cooling system shortly.. wont have that problem!

Your V is gleeeming buddy! really shiney in some of those pictures..!:)

CK

Had a awesome hangover today but I had some help with working on the car so I spent most of the morning laying on my driveway pretending to help out. :)

Anyway, took the HDI hot pipe off and took a dremel to it to roughen the edges up so that it sticks inside the hose better and doesn't pop off as easily as it did. I then put a smaller t-bolt clamp on the end of it and put 3 clips on in total.

Went for a drive to see if I could get any boost as it hadn't yet been boosting properly. Put my foot down after letting it warm up and BOOOST! I was chuffed, sat there grinning away to myself.

Still needs some tweaking which I'm hoping to work on tomorrow sometime, need to set the actuator to stop going mental and tell the Blitz DSBC how I want it to run.

All in all a successful day, not had the pipe pop off at all yet and I ran it all the way to .9 bar so hopefully, fingers crossed it's all sorted! Great to be back on boost again, and delighted with the extra pull that the mods have supplied.

Happy days! :p

Looks great mate, glad you're getting it all sorted, take it easy with the high boost until you have the fuelling sorted though. :)

Sure am mate, running it at .6 generally and not gone above .7 yet, (Apart from once, and that was an accident!)

It's running fantastically at the moment, absolutely delighted with the improvements I've got from the bits fitted, the hybrid especially has so much more pull all the way through the revs.

Highly recommended!

i'll tune the shit out of that dsbc for you at jae mate, providing it's mapped. have spent many years tuning them pro as you know, so we'll get the best out of it we can ^^;

Thanks mate, not entirely sure if it will be mapped by then though. Still have to get a decent clutch before that and I've had a shit month financially. We'll see how it goes though, might end up happening a few days before if it happens.

There'll be other opportunities some other time if not I'm sure.

get it done you chud. i'll destroy it mate. like, ruin it with so much epic boost.

i'll hold my reserves on the tonka toy turbo, but we'll see what we can get it to do anyway - the performance isn't usually in question, just the longevity.

if worst comes to worst, we'll slap on the Greddy T518Z i have sat in a box and give you 400bhp. be fine yes.

Looks shit Bill you big deaf bastard.

Fancy a bum?

Its looking lovely mate, was nice even when i saw it at JAE ages ago, always been a nice mint example. Because it came from Scotland yes, made it win, only import the best up here...

And let Harry tune it, it'll be fine yes for a while atleast, and it'll smell like cider and semen.

And still remember you were the only prick that didnt abandon a lost me and harry in a stupid loud 200sx in the middle of shitting gayland with no idea where we were going. Win yes. I will cum inside you.

x

Mate that was such epic lols. A truly raging harry, doing 140 very loud mph, up the inside lane swearinig manicly about how much you were going to kill people.

'I might crash into every one of those cunts im so fucking angry'

^^

also on a side note, rubbing your balls of people ftw yes...