• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome dude ;)

Cant wait to see it with the bumper on :D

You will LOVE driving this!!

Heatwrap looks sexy where from and how much??

Thermo-Tec it's called mate, really good stuff, 2" x 50' is about £35ish delivered from US ebay and about £70ish delivered from UK ebay.

Thanks for all the comments guys I'm powering on today and trying to get a few more little things sorted. Bumper needs some slight trimming and a trial fit, once that's done I'll get some fmic pics for you guys!

oooo nice work, i can guarantee you wont be disappointed! the gt spec hybrids are proper little torque Ho's! you can make 170bhp on stock ecu with the hybrid and almost the same in torque!

looking realy good! Rick should come back on and get some praise lol

I look forward to the next update!

Rick has been a saviour throughout the whole thing, I can't praise him enough and most definitely wouldn't of been able to do it without his help.

I am having an issue with the bonnet which I'm trying to resolve at the moment but I've got the bumper fitted now so here's a few pics of that. There's a 0mm clearance between the bumper and core, it touches it so it's ABSOLUTELY perfect.

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture012-2.jpg

looking good bud, when you gonna be getting it mapped

I've had some unexpected costs with this and it's still not finished so it's kind of money depending at the moment as to when it's mapped.

Looking good billy. Bet your glad its all on now. Sounds beautiful by the way. :harhar:

I want to see this beast so i think we should arrange a mini meet and get a few shots. :)

chanelle x

I'm not in any rush to get it back on the road I need to fix the couple of issues I have first. We will arrange a meet soon after though. :wub:

Looking really good man!!! Bet your well chuffed man. Whats up with the bonnet though mate?

It's an issue with the FMIC hot pipe, I think the turbo or mani have moved from where they once were which has now made the pipe hit the bonnet meaning it's not shutting properly.

I'm going to go around and ask for quotes for stainless welding to get the pipe fixed and then go from there.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Looks immense bud :harhar:

Perfect Looking V IMHO

Was there enough to do the mani and decat then or did you buy more??

50 foot of the stuff is more than enough for the mani and decat mate. I've still got a decent amount of roll left over but it's better to buy too much than too little, eh!

I had three issues with the WEPR hot pipe, I think it might be something to do with the location of the tong turbo, I was told it might need rotating. It could however of been the decat or mani.

Here's the issues I had though:

Bonnet wouldn't shut when fitted where it was meant to be.

No room for an air filter relocation.

Pipe was sitting heavily against the rad so any movement in the engine would've meant rubbing on the pipe or rad, not great!

Apart from that it was a really nice fit everywhere else.

Anyway, my solution arrived this morning from Idrees, I fitted a HDi hot pipe and now everything fits absolutely perfectly!

I'm waiting for a couple of packages to arrive tomorrow morning and hopefully the car will be ready to go! Can't wait!

Right guys, another update!

Got up at 8am this morning and went straight to work on the car, work was pissing me off too much this week and I really wanted the car finished, so it worked out nicely.

Started off by fitting the HDi hot pipe properly for the first time in attempt to cure my issues, and realised that the WEPR piping and HDi wern't matching up perfectly. Decided on a few methods and basically ended up putting a bit of force in and bending the pipe slightly (no damage was caused) to fit onto it nicely.

Trimmed a bit off both pipes and it all popped together!

Didn't have any issues with the relocation kit at all, fitted in nicely through the gap.

Had to do a bit of internal bumper trimming but nothing that can be seen from the outside of the car.

So after a whole load of work today I got it started and it fired up first time and sounded lovely, idles nicely now aswell!

Here's some pics:

Picture023-3.jpg

Picture019-3.jpg

Picture024-3.jpg

dude, i am totally loving your work!!!

i hope my FTE conversion looks have as good as your set up!!

Phil.

Thanks a lot bro, means loads to me, it's always nice to hear positive things and I'm delighted with the look of it.

When are you planning to have that done man? If you're going for a near identical build let me know and I'll tell you all the difficulties I had so we can make it as smooth as possible for ya. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

I had never been too fussed about the look of my bay, I liked to keep it discreet but I've got a couple of bits to show off now. I still don't like to be loud and colourful, which is basically why I got the black silicone hoses and braided hosing etc.

I might take pride in the bay now and get the cover painted and stuff to make it look a bit better, I think the dark and chrome theme kinda works!

As for the WEPR FMIC, my core isn't from the WEPR kit, but the piping itself is amazing quality, it's nice and shiny, has really good lips on each pipe and the welds are fantastic. The welds on the HDi part I have are seriously shocking in comparison.

I hope you don't get the same issues with the hot pipe as I did mate, if you're intending to run a front mount air filter you will run into a whole load of issues even in the stock position!