Figured it was time I got one of these going, had so many people pestering at me to get it done I figured it was time to show the rest of you guys what I've been up to.

Here's the story so far...

I found the car originally with a user on here called Olive, it was exactly the spec I wanted and at a price within my range, so I figured it made sense to get it. Only trouble was the car was in Scotland, so I decided to take a bit of a gamble and get a flight up to see it a few days later. I ended up meeting with the previous owner and going to a garage to briefly inspect it, (I knew nothing about Starlets at the time.) Fortunately Olive was spot on and the car didn't have any issues she hadn't already told me about, the journey home to Essex began. This is how she looked when she departed for Essex:

AyrshireCruise7044-1.jpg

P1020002.jpg

For the beginning part of the journey I seemed to be caught in the worlds longest set of roadworks whilst coming out of Scotland, which meant I had to drive at 50 for quite some time. It wasn't until I got near the edge of Scotland I was able to boot it for the first time, it felt exactly as it should and I was relieved. I then hit Birmingham to hit the worst weather the UK had got in a long time, snow fell really heavily on the motorway and with it being 2am and not many cars on the road it wasn't really the greatest situation for having a new car in! 9 hours later I arrived home safe and sound, was worth every minute though and was great driving the car for the first time.

Next day I had booked off work, I decided to spend a fair whack on professional detailing products and cleaned the car up to how I wanted it to look, it had been well looked after but hadn't had a proper going over for quite some time. Here are the pics of how she looked after the next day:

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Here's the spec list at this time:

Volk Wheels with Toyo tyres

Blitz Nur Spec Backbox

Blitz Turbo Timer

Blitz Dump Valve

Blitz Induction Kit

Fully adjustable Tein Coilovers

Toad Alarm

As you can probably see, the bonnet has gone as I sold this to StarletRick as I required the cash, also thought it was too mean for the standard 96 bumper and it suited his much better.

It was as soon as she had a nice clean up I decided to start spending money on her, as I had made the journey to Rick's to hand over the bonnet he fitted some TC Anti-Lift plates to the car for me. I soon after decided to purchase a new gear knob as I didn't like the look of the one on there so I got myself a TRD ball gearknob.

I was then lucky enough (or so I thought) to find a cheap cat-back Nur Spec pop up within travelling distance, so I went and picked that up, still not knowing an awful lot at the time it wasn't until I got to Pipecraft (Exhaust shop) that it had been completely bodged when the twat who owned it before had decided to remove the baffles. So after Pipecraft having to chop a part of the exhaust off and replace it with a straight through pipe that was fitted.

I got some pics of how the car looked at this time:

Picture015.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture035.jpg

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough to spot some subframes from the factory fitted Recaro seats, so I got them snapped up. I then decided to go with Evo 7 Recaros and get them fitted. (Will upload pics shortly.) They have a MUCH better grip of you than the 96 spec ones which I had grown to hate!

Next step for me was to look at the wheels, I had thought about painting them white and seeing how I liked them like that. I was skint for ages and the opportunity to paint them never came around, and being as picky as I am I wanted them done profesionally.

I then started looking around at other wheels that'd suit the car, I ended up finding a for sale post on the forums for some white Enkeis with 4 new tyres that just happened to be really local. I picked them up the next night and took some pics of them when I got them:

Picture045ff.jpg

Picture040fff.jpg

They're not in the greatest condition and will soon be getting refurbed, but for now they're fine, just a bit of paint peel in a few places but no actual damage to the wheels.

I then got some professional pics taken of the car at the Medstone meet and I was really pleased with them, thanks to Silk Photography for these:

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0102-1.jpg

DSC_0112-1.jpg

It was at this time I realised I actually enjoyed changing the look of the car and so I figured I would spend a bit more time on the looks, I have a FMIC waiting to be fitted and I think the 98 spec front bumper and lip looks great with the cutout so I thought I'd go down this route. I managed to pick the bumper/brackets/grille up at a pretty good price and then purchased myself a replica front lip from Aidan@EPStyling.

The splitter was blended onto the bumper, I'm really pleased with how well the bodyshop did with it:

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

A while later I managed to afford to get it sprayed up, so I got it fitted to the car as it was without the FMIC, it has a huge gap now so I have filled it with the plate until I get the FMIC fitted.

The car now looked odd with the skirts and front lip sitting lower and the back end of the car looked a bit high, Idrees had a rear bumper and genuine lip pop up for a decent price so I got that snapped up. Had it sprayed and fitted a short while later.

Here's how the car looks now: (Thanks to Chanelle for the pics)

S8300610.jpg

S8300608-1.jpg

thats one clean ep..

Armand

Thanks mate, I do try and keep it nice. :)

She's served me well, only thing I've had to do in the last year is replace the CV joints. Happy owner! :)

Looking great mate, now get that fmic on to fill that big mouth!:)

Too right bud, need to buy a couple more things first and then I'll be on the road to more power! :)

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'll make sure I keep this up to date from now on, it's nice to hear good things said!

Bits I have to fit are:

Zisco manifold,

Zisco decat,

WEPR FMIC piping,

Custom FMIC core,

Air filter relocation (Might be trying something different in attempt to keep the air con but it will end up going if it doesn't work.)

Tong Turbo Hybrid CT9.

Will be getting it mapped soon after and I'm hoping for 200bhp.

Got this cool pic of when the car was registered back on a Jap plate, I really want to get a copy of this made up but I'm finding it hard to find anyone who can do it with the same amount of characters this one has:

picture_4-1.jpg

You nickedd my pics you cheeky sod :)

I cant explain how beautifull this car is in the flesh, it is a stunning example.

Good to see you have got a thread going bill, its about bloody time lol.

Keep up the good work.

chanelle xx

P.S Is that you i see in the background of one of them pics hehe

You nickedd my pics you cheeky sod :)

I cant explain how beautifull this car is in the flesh, it is a stunning example.

Good to see you have got a thread going bill, its about bloody time lol.

Keep up the good work.

chanelle xx

P.S Is that you i see in the background of one of them pics hehe

I credited you for them! :)

It might be me. :(

Its a very tidy V mate, changed a bit since i saw it in the metal at JAE!!!

Quick question on the old front end what was done with the Glanza badge because it looks awesome without one!! Are they all like that under the badge or had that one been modified??

Liam

Wondered when you were gonna do this man!!! Car looks cracking in the flesh, will look real smart with the fmic. It was a fun little convoy the other day. We didn't lose you on purpose chanelle! :) Keep the updates coming

Joe

Its a very tidy V mate, changed a bit since i saw it in the metal at JAE!!!

Quick question on the old front end what was done with the Glanza badge because it looks awesome without one!! Are they all like that under the badge or had that one been modified??

Liam

Hey mate,

I'm not sure who did the bumper, whether it was Olive or the owner in Japland. The Glanza badge had been removed and I'm not entirely sure what was behind but it looked like it had been smoothed over. There was two small hairline cracks where you could see the badge once was but I'm sure there had been some smoothing done to it at some point.

I did think it looked really tidy though, not seen it on another V before.

Ahh no worries then mate, i thought it might have been smoothed :) Cheers dude.

Seemed that way as far as I could tell mate. :) Not a problem!

Wondered when you were gonna do this man!!! Car looks cracking in the flesh, will look real smart with the fmic. It was a fun little convoy the other day. We didn't lose you on purpose chanelle! :) Keep the updates coming

Joe

Hehe, it's been a long time coming mate I've had tons of questions about it. Figured since I've actually done quite a bit lately it'd be nice to show other people what I've been up to.

Was a good laugh mate, made a nice change!

looks good buddy, about time you got a bloody build thread up lol

if anyone hasn't already seen this car it is super super clean.

when you getting your turbo and other bits on there

Quick pic of the seats, this does them no justice at all though, alcantara is a horrible material to take photos of. They're also pretty dirty but you get an idea of just how different to the stock 96 seats they are!

Picture041.jpg

Got an Apexi boost gauge, it sits nicely in there (not like in the photo) and from my point of view when driving it blocks off 120mph+ but I'm not intending to see past that so it doesn't matter!

Picture042.jpg

Blitz DSBC fitted, I really like this mod as you can turn the boost off when you're waiting for it to warm up. TC short shifter and TRD gear knob also in the pic. Excuse the crap on the floor!

Picture044.jpg

Now for the bits coming soon:

Picture045.jpg

Custom Zisco manifold with ridiculously thick flanges, Rick helped me to choose the specs for this also with the helpful advice of Keith, should never crack I hope!

Zisco decat, also a lot thicker than the standard one just for safety measures.

WEPR FMIC piping, nice and shiny!

Custom FMIC core, should hopefully be a decent size for the Starlet, not too big or small and definitely not as fat as the HDi core.

Close-up of the tong turbo hybrid: (Thanks Geo!)

Picture047.jpg