Ryan-11's 342 whp, banzai mag featured glanza!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bit of an update, im going to put the car back to standard and sell everything, still keeping the car tho.

Anyways i got the engine bay all rubbed down, primed and painted and started to build it back up

primed

DSC00155.jpg

painted

DSC00156.jpg

started to build it cack up

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Man you work fast lol!!

looks absolutely minted, does this just not make you want to keep on building it?? Please !!!!!!

Gary

haha i was just in the mood at the weekend, still need to do the clutch on the teg tho, was ment to do that on saturday lol

x2

BOOOOO!!!!

sorry guys, as much as i would love to finish it, i just need to get a deposit for a house

• 2 months later...

Right guys, i aint breaking it anymore, gona build a forged 4e

got myself a fooked 4e, stripped it down and took the block, crank, head and flywheel to the machine shop, got the block bored out and skimmed, skimmed the head, lightened and balanced flywheel and a regrind on the crank, picked it up last Monday, got the crank back in and started to port and polish the head today.

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

Also picked up a glanza s bonnet.

Started to underseal under the car, painted my anti roll bars and lower strutbrace red, painted my hubs black, im in the middle of fitting poly bushes all round and need to fit my new ball joints, track rod ends and wheel bearings.

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

more too come soon ;)

• 3 months later...

well thought id better update this, the engine is all built up (apart from 2 shims) and in, Front suspention is all built up, wishbones all poly bushed, front arches all under sealed.

Got myself a garrett gt28rs of ebay but turned out to to damaged when it got to me although the seller said it was fine when he sent it, anyways i got my money back for that, gona get a new one ordered sometime this week.

Got my self a new ecu, got a DTA s40 pro standalone from a member on here, converted to coilpacks taking from a hyundai coupe, got a set of mickey thompson slicks, a stage 5 competition clutch.

Still need to, connect the engine up, finish undersealing, fit rear axle poly bushes, rebuild the rear calipers and fit the rear ani rollbar and get some nitrous :)

anyways heres alot of pics of the progress,

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

SDC10450.jpg

SDC10448.jpg

SDC10451.jpg

SDC10452.jpg

SDC10453.jpg

SDC10454.jpg

SDC10455.jpg

SDC10456.jpg

• 4 months later...

Cheers Rory, never noticed your post.

Update time again,.

Finally got the engine running, first start up it wouldnt start, i was thinking wtf! after a closer look one of the wires going to the coil pack had broke some how, soldered it back together and it started no bother, had a couple of water leaks but they are all fixed now.

Undersealed the floor and all 4 arches again, painted my rear axle and fitted poly bushes to it, rebuilt the rear calipers, fitted some new rear wheel bearings and rear brake pads, got the car back down on its wheels for the fist time in 15 months, decided to fit my rear anti roll bar too after 4 years of it sitting in my garage, also got myself a 3" down pipe and a greddy type s bov.

Took it for its first test drive, its drove great, realised how much ive missed it :p the gt28 kicks in at about 3500 revs and has a bit of a kick too it :D cant wait to get it mapped.

bad bits (always bad bits with this car) ive got a chapping sound comming from the head, just when i was going to check out what was causing the chapping sound the fuel pump decided not to work, kinda lost intrest in it for now, its just been pushed into the corner for now lol.

So need to find the problem with the head, fit the new bov, mot it, tax it, run the engine in then make a 3" exhaust system to fit the 3" downpipe, fit the dta ecu and racetech inlet then mapping time.

anyways heres a few pics

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380-1.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

Looking good Ryan glad its back up and runnig :) shame about the problems but onwards and upwards keep it up mate

Cheers Micky, i'll get the problems sorted at somepoint lol.

loving the fresh white look... also gotta get me a S bonnet

Cheers dude, got to say i love the s bonnet better than the carbon.

Looks great mate, very clean front end now. Will need to see how the new setup performs when you're at crail with it. :)

Cheers mate, im loving the s bonnet, Yeah cant wait to give it a thrash down the quarter mile lol, gona get it on knocky too also going to take a trip to santa pod to try out the drag slicks.

Lookin good mate

Cheers mate