My starlet's progress thread!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks sweet, hows the D2's going for you? harsh? Or not bad. Why are your camber dials black? strange, mine are purple.

your just missing a nice spoiler at the back now :) and your car be complete.

Thanks shelly. I dont have a clue why their black :p

Yeah i need an sr spoiler but trying to find one at areasonable price is the hard bit :p

Cheers for all comments.

The D2s are fine though yeah on your starlet? i need to get my rear springs changed 2mrw for softer ones hehe, killing all my mates at the back.

There was someone selling an SR spoiler before.

Their fine yeah. Stiff as hell but I love it :) Everyone expects the ride to be uncomfortable when they get in, makes up for it when i find a roundabout though!

Yeah si, you can get different spring rates. I dont have a clue what mine are to be honest, I would need to ask daveburwash because it was a group buy!

• 1 month later...

Quick update

Sound deadening has been pissing me off as i only made a half arsed effort on it and got bored a while ago so myself and mate pushed on last night and got it all out.

sounddead4.jpg

sounddead3.jpg

sounddead2.jpg

sounddead1.jpg

Floor just needs prepped and painted now, should be done by next week :)

It's staying green enzo mate! The sound deadening is out so i can paint the boot floor and tidy it all up miracle, sound deadening was a complete eye sore!

Cheers for the comments guys and pmsl @ spraying inside orange. was thinking of red and yellow. Rhubarb and custard theme....

:)

:o

Nah go orange -- make it look like a BRM Rover :o

Great idea, i'll paint grille orange too and raise it 80mm.

*slaps lobotomy* :):o

Next you'l be asking me to fit power steering elec windows! No poncing around here mate :o

Fingers crossed the car will be painted in a month, need it done before I go back to uni to be honest. Just need an sr spoiler.... *cough* enzo i'll buy yours for £70 and the pleasure of meeting me *cough*

Great idea, i'll paint grille orange too and raise it 80mm.

*slaps lobotomy* :D:p

Next you'l be asking me to fit power steering elec windows! No poncing around here mate :D

Fingers crossed the car will be painted in a month, need it done before I go back to uni to be honest. Just need an sr spoiler.... *cough* enzo i'll buy yours for £70 and the pleasure of meeting me *cough*

:):o:o:p:p:o

Hey the 200 BRM's weren't cars to be messed with!! very fast indeed... it was a joke though :)

But reckon the orange would compliment the striped out "race" look you're going for -- you could put a net in the back for your helmets (or baseball caps whatever)

Hey wylo,

Nice lookin starlet you've got likin the new wheels you had - the jdm split rim style looked sweet when i seen your car last. I'm the guy wi the Glanza at uni by the way. Need to have a chat wi you when were back at uni, want to see what the ride is like in your car, mine looks like a bloody jeep sat next to yours! Been swaying back and forwards as to whether i want coilovers or not and since you seem to want to copy my reflet lights i might copy your D2's! Might even let you see what your missin without that extra lil item under your bonnet. :) Yours would be a proper sleeper with the 4efte conversion any thoughts of that for the future?

Cheers

Wallace

PMSL mate :)

Yep, your motor is the 1st one I seen with the reflets and yes i'm copying you! lol. Always meant to bump into you to ask where you got them but i know now!

I'll take you for a spin with the D2's anytime, its a harsh ride but handles amazing. Your car would be spot on with it a bit lower, deffo. As for the split rims, the car was toooo low with them on, I managed to see-saw the car on one of the speedbumps at the halls :p

Also about the turbo conversion, all i'm saying is watch this space!