What Did I Pick Up On Tuesday?

Its been great with the starlet, I havent regretted pouring money and sweat into the Glanz. However I also havent regretted selling up as I now own an Rx7, a dream car of mine. This one's not your usual rex either, there are only 8 of its kind in the world, this is believed to be the only one in the uk, tuned by the infamous Re Amemiya in Japan. Still can't believe its mine! :thumbsup:

DSCF1895.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1894.jpg

DSCF1892.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF1890.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

:) :) :D

Body

â?¢RE Amemiya AC037 front end (including genuine Porsche 911 (993) lights, FRP hood and nose cone)

â?¢RE Amemiya AD step D1 side skirts (FRP)

â?¢RE Amemiya AD Front Fenders (FRP)

â?¢RE Amemiya Rear spats

â?¢RE Amemiya rear light garnish/spoiler

â?¢RE Amemiya style rear Street Diffuser (Mark 1 diffuser)

â?¢AeroMarker aero mirrors (with side repeaters added)

â?¢Carbon door handles

â?¢Re-spray in House of Kolor Kandy Burgundy / Wild Cherry blend (over deep mica violet metallic base) 2:1 blend ratio.

â?¢Car fully "smoothed" to emphasize lines of car and bodykit. Rear wiper, wash, ariel, and side markers removed. Front washers relocated. Front side markers removed. Front side repeaters and indicators removed relocated. Boot lock, number plate holder and badges removed and smoothed.

â?¢Rear quarters and shut lines levelled and smoothed to meet bodykit.

â?¢Fuel filler removed and re-located to boot (aero-cap).

Interior

â?¢RX7 Type X (luxury model) full deep red leather interior (incl head lining). Recently cleaned and refurbished.

â?¢Deep red interior plastics

â?¢Deep red leather trimmed centre console, centre dash and dome

â?¢Deep red mats (imported from USA)

â?¢Factory option "RX7" stamped aluminium sill plates

â?¢GReddy Oil Pressure, Oil Temp & Water Temp Gauges (in dash-mounted pod)

â?¢GRreddy PRofec B Spec II Boost controller

â?¢Blitz monster boost gauge

â?¢Momo Millennium Evo leather steering wheel with snap off momo boss for security

â?¢Momo carbon & aluminium gear knob

â?¢Momo handbrake cover & leather gaiter

â?¢Apexi commander (displays car stats to monitor performance) in R Magic holder

â?¢JVC CD / MP3 player (in-dash)

â?¢Black vinyl trimmed fibreglass rear boot build (easily removed without damage to car)

â?¢Custom fibreglass front door builds (black vinyl trimmed).

â?¢Rear strut brace

â?¢DVD player mounted in centre console

â?¢7" screen mounted in fibre glass enclosure in rear hatch lid. Boot lid re-trimmed in black vinyl with wiper motor and housing removed.

Engine

â?¢13B Rotary Engine (twin turbo) with complete strip down and re-build by Lindop Motorsport in March 2008 (using approved Mazda parts).

â?¢Perished hoses replaced, solenoids checked, vitton check valve upgrade for reliability.

â?¢Exedy clutch (new â?? March 2008), clutch release valve and clutch cylinders replaced.

â?¢Royal purple oil.

â?¢Apexi Power FC ECU â?? Mapped by WGT. 318 BHP @ the Fly

â?¢Greddy down pipe.

â?¢Straight through mid-pipe / de-cat.

â?¢Auto Project De-storm exhaust back box.

â?¢2 x HKS "Mushroom" filters (with red elements) & polished hard pipes.

â?¢MazdaSpeed Plug Leads & Coil.

â?¢NGK cold grade spark plugs.

â?¢Polished UIM.

â?¢Polished alternator.

â?¢RE Amemiya SMIC hard pipe (polished).

â?¢Uprated ARC SMIC.

â?¢HKS oil cap.

â?¢MazdaSpeed polished strut brace.

â?¢Alu Air Separation Tank.

â?¢FC Thermoswitch and new thermostat (lower temp for safety).

â?¢Bailey BOV.

â?¢Carbing aluminium radiator cooling plate.

â?¢Various tuner badges.

â?¢Silicone hosing to detail.

Suspension

â?¢Racing Gear coilovers (JDM, very rare)

â?¢Geometry and tracking professionally set-up by Revolution Motorsport

Brakes

â?¢4 pot Type R callipers

â?¢Project Mu SCR front discs (slotted)

â?¢Project Mu uprated front pads

Wheels

â?¢Blitz Techno Speed Z1 3 piece split rim wheels - 18x8" (front) & 18x10" (rear)

â?¢Wheels stripped down and refurbished with centres re-sprayed copper and outer lips hand polished to mirror finish

â?¢5Zigen Pro-racer Wheel Nuts (anodised red) with locking nuts

â?¢Continental 265/35/18 tyres â?? Rear

â?¢Toyo 225/40/18 tyres - Front

ICE (In-car Entertainment)

â?¢(All ICE designed and fitted by an industry professional.

â?¢JVC head unit with large animated display (can display owners pictures / images etc.)

â?¢Lightning Audio Bolt 12" Subwoofer housed in fibre glass boot build (black vinyl trimmed)

â?¢Lightning Audio Bolt 6" Components housed in rear boot build

â?¢Lightning Audio Bolt 5.25" Components in front (custom black vinyl trimmed door pods)

â?¢JL Audio 2-channel amp

â?¢JL Audio 4-channel amp

â?¢Veba 7" screen (in custom black vinyl trimmed upper boot pod)

â?¢DVD player in dash

Security

â?¢Clifford G5 category 1 alarm / immobiliser with optional remote central locking and proximity alert sensors

â?¢Snap-off steering wheel boss

Trophies / awards / magazines

â?¢Best RX7 FD Trophy â?? Rotorstock III

â?¢Runner up Best Mazda Trophy â?? Rising Sun Car Show 2007

â?¢Runner up Meguires show and shine â?? Rotorstock I've

â?¢Chosen as one of a few selected rotary cars to open Rotorstock I've at Santapod

â?¢4 page feature â?? J Tuner magazine

â?¢4 page feature â?? Redline magazine

â?¢Car of show / cruise in various issues of Max Power, Redline, Fastcar

I forgot to show a pic of it with its "hood" popped!

Photo-0233.jpg

Spec updated :)

I've already started modding it, though it doesnt need much doing to be honest which is nice for a change :thumbsup:

Just put some Hids in there and ordered a Road Angel today!

how much did that run you?

More than I planned to spend but it was well worth it and financially it made a lot of sense to buy a car already tuned and set up. I saw it for sale at 9k back in april and thought dayum, if only I had the cash. Then it came up for sale again for 8 just around the time the glanza was for sale! I got the price down nearer 7.5 region by picking out as many faults as I could but it was quite difficult.

The last owner was a steel works engineer, really nice chap but had little knowledge of mechanics (although he did shell out for some brand new tein super streets to be fitted for comfort), a lot of the important stuff had been taken care of by the first owner who had it for a few years from import and treated it like a queen:)

As said on facebook I am coming to see this soon!!

Didnt take you long to get one mate and to be honest you picked a goon un :thumbsup:

Im not a fan of the Porsche front end, always wondered why but it is special!!

So who owns MY glanz then :)

Love FD's, Hate the RE Front..... Good luck with it though. I assume you have a daily driver? FD's can be quite thirsty on fuel, they do burn a little bit of oil so don't be worried. Unless its burning LOADS of course. Don't let the internet rumours of rebuilts etc scare you. They are very simple cars to live with if you just understand what the car is. Just don't flood it :thumbsup: Its a PAIN IN THE ARSE to get it started when that happens!!!

Its a love hate thing, when I first saw it I instantly loved it! This is my daily! I dont mind 25mpg on the motorway and 15 in town. I did some good reading on them and talked to a few owners who said the same things, they are easy enough to maintain and as long as you follow the rules they will be reliable. lol @ the flooding, I hope that never happens! I've read the proceedure to deflood and it doesnt look fun :)

As said on facebook I am coming to see this soon!!

Didnt take you long to get one mate and to be honest you picked a goon un :)

Im not a fan of the Porsche front end, always wondered why but it is special!!

So who owns MY glanz then :D

lol, YOUR glanz now belongs to one of my good mates in Bristol. We might meet up tomorrow for a little photoshoot but I feel a bit bad as Galliano bought my camera the other week so I need to actually give it to him soon!

lol, my uni is about 6 miles away from my house, workplace 11 miles :thumbsup:

I thought about getting an S15, was so tempted by this white one, glad I went for this though!

What wheels are those in your sig? Theyre very nice!

just out of general interest

what insurance like on an rx-7?

Pretty expensive if your under 21! I transfered mine over from the glanz (£900) for £450 while declaring mods etc. I can afford to insure almost anything now that I reached that magical 21. Even a Murcielago is a "reasonable" £2800 fc.