Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

dunno about tinkering per se, being pretty retarded with the spanners, but this last gauge was fucking me off, even if it never sees action again, I had to get this damn gauge.

Cheers Phil, hopefully someday it'll get where i want it.

need to visit Jay to collect a part actually, been meaning to get down all summer but never got round to it. must make more of an effort.

Phil.

dunno about tinkering per se, being pretty retarded with the spanners, but this last gauge was fucking me off, even if it never sees action again, I had to get this damn gauge.

Cheers Phil, hopefully someday it'll get where i want it.

need to visit Jay to collect a part actually, been meaning to get down all summer but never got round to it. must make more of an effort.

Phil.

fire me a pm when your heading down, bring the bro, will be a mini meet, without my gt as usual LOL

Phil

The bro and his GT live in Scotland mate and are not currently scheduled to be on these shores pre-2014. But i'll let ya know before i head down.

Also, just received pictures from the boss in PA, he kindly opened the box and photo'd the contents for me. It is brand. spanking. new. Unused.

I estimate receipt in my grubby paws this day 2 weeks.

At long last!

Phil.

he appears to have nested over there dude, he and his wife even got themselves a house.Personally i think he moved there to stop me inappropriately touching his GT in a sexual manner. that spoiler combo.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

yeah, its cost me a lot more than the other matching ones, but it seems that the pressure versions, when complete kits, seem to fetch bigger dolla.

now all i need is some wiring assistance. lol.

it'll be some meet at The Costa, my Alfa and your Beemer. Jay will be disgusted by all the derv in his yard!

Phil.

he appears to have nested over there dude, he and his wife even got themselves a house.Personally i think he moved there to stop me inappropriately touching his GT in a sexual manner. that spoiler combo.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

yeah, its cost me a lot more than the other matching ones, but it seems that the pressure versions, when complete kits, seem to fetch bigger dolla.

now all i need is some wiring assistance. lol.

it'll be some meet at The Costa, my Alfa and your Beemer. Jay will be disgusted by all the derv in his yard!

Phil.

bring_it_on_matrix.gif

Haha, well he has plenty of Eps to go around lol

wait i second i could push mine round :)

Phil

Edited by Philm

Bit far for me to push mine to The Costa lol.

Paint PAS pump - done
Paint air filter bracket - done
Clean oil off plastic engine covers - done
Refit Blitz SUS filter - done
Fit recirc bung - done
Refit alternator with new CJ pulley - done
Fit CJ crank pulley - done
Remove rear washer line - done
Internal wire tuck - done
Tuck boot catch cable - done
Tuck petrol flap cable - done
Replace steering wheel bolts - done
Machine so it fits and then fit adjustable CJ cam pulley - Cancelled as I hear they are breaking down / damaging the belts

New PAS and alternator belts - done
Rocker cover needs tidied up - new K&N breather filter fitted

Crank shaft oil seal - done

Obtain and fit door cards - done

Fit Rescueman - done

Fit Din blanking plate - done

Tidy engine bay - started

New radiator bracket - order placed with Dean @RW for new bracket

Find and fit an Apexi EL1 60mm oil pressure gauge - found, mounting and wiring to follow

Wire in all Apexi gauges - vacuum gauge plumbed, now needs wired for lighting

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Oil filter relocator needs fitted and new bungs/sensor(s) bought
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold

Paint rocker cover and inlet manifold support bar

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

i try not to put the oil leak on there, otherwise the list will never be finished. it's been leaking like this for what, 2 years now? and every time the Jay/Alan/Joel get it fixed, it starts all over again. and always from the same rough location. frankly i think it would be easier to swap the block out because its just fucking out of hand now, and is the reason why I have car finance because my 'new' engine leaked from the minute it went in and wouldnt pass MOT in a month of sundays, but i cant really afford to be buying a new block right now.

*sigh*

i think jay and i should have just taken a couple of weeks to strip and reseal the engine ourselves before it got installed. might have saved half this bollox. obviously the oil pump was part of the problem, yet now its replaced, its still leaking from that area. madness.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

i will do bud, just as soon as I get this last one mounted. Thankfully I already have a stand for it, although it has come with one pre-fitted, but it aint as snazzy as the ones i already have. This gauge has the slightly darker bevel that one of the temp gauges has, so I'm guessing they slightly modified the colours at some point.

This will allow me to remove the old Auto Gauge oil pressure gauge, and fill that recess with something else, AFR or inlet temp or something similar. Quite like the blue digital gauges that Tuning Developments have.

Phil.

Update

Pressure gauge now mounted on the dash, its over on the passenger side where the storage tray would go, angled towards the driver.

Myself and a very special guest mechanic in the form of a certain Mr R Bower mocked it up in a few different places and finally settled on over there. was going to put it closer, but i quite like the wrapped-round style of the gauges it's given.

wires are run through the dash, and Rob's gonna take the temp sensor and part of the oil filter relocation kit back home with him to try and source the missing blanks and adapters that it needs to be ready to fit.

so, progress, FTW. still got the wiring to address though lol.

pictures to follow, got an iPhone now (go me) but just waiting on it being unlocked, then i'll have a pro camera.

Phil.