Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Aamir - i'm pretty sure your brother would be disappointed in u for asking such a question lol. yes she's a UK spec with a 4E-FTE conversion courtesy of Jay and WeeJohn.

@Dan - I'm working towards more pics. She currently is unable to move, and no one wants to see pics of it in a garage lol.

@Chris - u know the Third Man from my story of which I speak then. Heading down for late morning, around 11 or so.

@Monty - The Second Man from my story above lol! happy days dude! no rush at all, just happy knowing some progress is going to be made as I've been dragging my heels with that for donkies lol.

Phil.

lol thats fair!

we're working towards getting her in a shape worthy of having a shot at MOT, but until then pics are going to be of bits and bobs, probably not the overall thing. but, if i get her out into the sunshine for an airing in the better weather I'll get some pics!

Phil.

Update

Well, anyone following the GaragEP instagram feed (under "nanglebadger" as I cant work out how to change the damn name) will by now know what I collected from Jay on Sunday...a great condition set of optional extra pedals, complete with accompanying footrest, and even the accelerator pedal with screw holes from the original breaker (just in case I've butchered my existing pedal too much for the Momo pedals). The original screws etc are also still present.

Hard to believe I spotted them just lying in a bag on a table I've walked past countless times!

I will look to fit them this weekend coming all being well, and get some fitted pictures of them posted up.

I have also left my rocker cover with Monty (via the very helpful Mr Crooks) for some refurbishment - figured its better to let someone who knows what they're doing tackle it, than attempt it myself. I'll order up some fresh oil seals, PCV and nuts in due course once its back in a few weeks time.

Other than that, Jay is sourcing various oil seals to try and fix this leak over the summer period, and a very kind local member with the most beautiful conversion I've ever seen, i.e. Greenmachine81, has decided to try and source me a Glanza mat set in decent condition.

Slow and steady, just need it to warm up a couple of degrees before lying in the garage fitting these pedals.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

exactly. i felt like the whole install system was a bit too immature for what I want from the car now. i have grey hairs for fuck sake, i cant be running about like an 18 year old anymore.

it will have some track-slag influences, but everyone knows I dont do the track-slag finish. it may take longer, but it'll be done neat and tidy like Lew777s is.

Phil.

Cheers Phil , will you be spraying it the same colour as the exterior?

Credit where its due bud, yours is the inspiration for the inner-rear standard I want to achieve.

TBH i had hoped to do that mate yes, but without having talked to any painters in a while, I imagine that would require a full interior strip, which would be a bit of a ballache at this point in time.

I had considered spending silly money and flocking it, but Joel talked me out of that financial ruin thankfully. I had thought of using plasti-dip - durable finish, relatively cheap, smart result, covers the patches in the factory paint. I considered fabric also, but dont really fancy it. Its maybe something else I can pester poor Monty about in the future lol!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Credit where its due bud, yours is the inspiration for the inner-rear standard I want to achieve.

TBH i had hoped to do that mate yes, but without having talked to any painters in a while, I imagine that would require a full interior strip, which would be a bit of a ballache at this point in time.

I had considered spending silly money and flocking it, but Joel talked me out of that financial ruin thankfully. I had thought of using plasti-dip - curable finish, relatively cheap, smart result, covers the patches in the factory paint. I considered fabric also, but dont really fancy it. Its maybe something else I can pester poor Monty about in the future lol!

Phil.

I think the inside gets waxed & polished more then the outside lol but it's worth when you get the positive comments at shows. If I remember rightly it cost between £300-350. They removed all the back windows plus seals. You don't need to do a full interior strip they just put a sealed sheet behind the seats.

fucking LOL'd in the middle of the office there!!!! :D :D

Got a call from Chris Green on Wednesday night, he and Greenmachine81 have been busy boys tracking down yet more mint OEM parts. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Months and years go by and nothing decent pops up. Then a bunch turn up at once. They're like fecking buses lol!

Phil.

good while away yet.

This years focus is on tidying up the rough edges, then getting it down to Jay to see about this leak. If it's an engine out to reseal job, then no better place to do it.

Once we have stopped all the leaks, MOT prep will commence. Then we'll see about tires and tax and insurance. Summer 2015, or at least that will be the plan.

Phil.

good while away yet.

Summer 2015, or at least that will be the plan.

Phil.

I hear you laddie :)

hopefully they have a load more of those fancy white lights long the outer ring for us to take pictures under by then :)

Phil

Edited by Philm

Update

OEM Pedals are fitted - well, mostly. lol.

Had a blast at this yesterday, removed the old Momo ones which are very tired now. Got the clutch and brake ones mounted on with only the top two bolts - the original bolts have seen better days and some of the threads are missing, so I'm going to source 8 fresh nuts and bolts and washers for them before tightening everything up, hopefully be able to find something in work, failing that, Ebay or a local hardware store.

Also got the Accelerator pedal mounted on with no problems - one of the OEM self-tappers has gone walkies, so again, just going to source a suitable replacement, hopefully from work.

The footrest part is firmly mounted to the foot rest, however, being a UK spec, there's only one locator on the bodywork, which isnt catching in the receptor on the footrest. Its sitting in there at the mo, but thinking of drilling out the plastic of the footrest and getting a nut onto that threaded locator on the car to hold it all in place. Other suggestions are welcome.

I have some pics on the camera, but I'm currently at work (loser). If you're too impatient, there's one up on the insta-feed-yoke.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Nice progress bud, will be nice to see this out maybe mine will be out when yours is :D

omm nom nom tasty smart anthracite grey, do want....but £2 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.boltsbolts.co.uk/#/shop/4560404404/Counter-Sunk-Dress-Up---Grey/1180988

Phil.

Tegiwa do a whole engine bay dress up kit

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-toyota-glanza-ep91-engine-bay-bling-bolt-kit-3656/

you get

46 - M6 Anodised Washers

9 - mate Anodized Washers

6 - M6 Anodised Rocker Nuts

works out alot cheaper than boltsbolts.com

Armand

Edited by Armand

Read the whole thread over the least two days(no sleep for me last night) only stopped to work n eat!!

What an epic journey and with such a detailed thread (especially with your innermost rants lol) I feel like I've done the journey too!! Got all worked up after 90 odd pages and you were talking about binning it, talk about a lump in the throat!!

Nanglebadger - the unexpected journey!!

Awesome car and build dude!! Much respect!!

😝