Nanglebadgers work in progress

Update

Rocker cover collected and fitted along with fresh rocker washers. F**k me its smooth and shiny in the flesh!!! Monty has done an unreal job! Need to purchase some decent polish/sealant for the polished lines and text, then it should stay fairly mint!

The only thing letting it down now are the rocker nuts which have corroded over time. Anyone recommend where I could get something that wont perish as easily?? Maybe anodised or similar? Blue or anthracite?? Anyone got a decent link for such an item??????????

Also, front of the car is now up on axle stands, going to get a look at the retaining nut for one of the driver's seat mounts, and Mr B is hopefully going to help me with the powder coated inlet mani when he's over.

Rocker pics in the instagram feed, #GargaEP FTW!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My updates are so exciting, I don't know how the internet copes...

Update

New inlet manifold gasket and throttle body gasket ordered from ID-Workz yesterday.

Mr Bower will be reporting for his annual GaragEP spanner duties soon, first job, powder coated inlet manifold fitting.

Hopefully going to pop the front wheels off this weekend to start cleaning up the wheel arch areas / suspension / calipers as they're a bit manky with years of exploded CV boots and the ensuing garden-sprinkler-esque grease shower!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

I know.

My PC is away being rebuilt, as I was going to swipe my dads camera yesterday to take decent update pics.

Shouldnt be long being rebuilt, and once its back, I can take pics on the good camera and save them to the archives and post them in here.

Nothing to see right now anyway other than old bed sheets acting as dust covers, and some beat up mismatched OZ Titans, and a dash board lying in pieces in the stripped rear with gauge wiring hanging down with labels on it. Far from exciting lol!.

You have inspired me to look into a trickle charger at some point later in the year though JP, meaning I could possibly revive my old battery and return the Skyline monster battery to Joel.

Phil.

Update

So, taken a little more inspiration from John, and started to have a look in the wheel arches to give them a little TLC.

Started with the drivers front as I know the CV boot is loose / has slipped off. Wire brush, screw drivers, fairy liquid, kitchen sponges and a toothbrush all employed, and the end result is that I found paint under all that SHITE! I honestly never knew the wheel arches had a coat of 8L5 on them!

Obviously haven't gotten up behind the suspension done, but its not just as bad as the lower areas. TRD suspension has a good dose of surface rust, and the rubber gaiter on the strut has seen better days, but there doesn't appear to be anything more sinister than that, nothing structural.

Need to get the CV boot fixed up and the rear of the caliper degreased, a fresh lick of hammerite on the caliper, and then get a Speedline degreased and fitted, then its on to the passenger side.

Ro55ifumi - u are a bad influence!!!

Pic of the results of the first arch are on the instagram feed #GaragEP

Phil.

thanks John! Much appreciated!

That took me about 2 hours, made a hell of a mess of the garage floor too lol.

Hopefully get cracking on the other side or a speedie later this evening.

Honestly always thought they had a black coating of some form, turns out they did...OF SHIT! lol!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

Got a whirl at the other side last night, same amount of crap in the arch, however, suspension looks pretty suspicious. Sent a picture off to Rob, Jay and Mark, I think we have a leaker, meaning new front end suspension possibly required, meaning further coins, meaning this wont see the road for even longer. No sense throwing it at MOT with a leaky shock, feckers will spot it a mile off, plus, I want it to drive right when its back on the road, not be half shit on one side.

I'll get wheels thrown back on and give it a bounce to see what it does, but pretty sure its had its day. Yaaayyyy!

Next up I'll inspect the rears too, see what they're doing. If they're ok, I know a certain someone who has a mint set of Tein springs for sale, so I will most likely consider sourcing some very good condition front shocks and getting the Teins on all round. Wedding and a house simply doesn't make coilies, even second hand, a realistic option. The beauty of a mint set of shocks with the Teins would be that, given they will NEVER see salt, they will hopefully last for a good long time and do a damn fine job.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • 3 weeks later...

Update

An awesome man in a Lime Green Leon just droped off a large parcel at the gates of my work, said some sexy things about Starlet parts, and then departed in a haze of EP-goodness.

I have been left feeling satisfied, gratified, and in the possession of some SEXY ASS OEM MATS!

pics on the old #GaragEP this evening!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

i know. My PC is away being rebuilt into something a bit more substantial, less of a slow loading prick, with more HDD space.

plus since I moved out I aint got my dads camera to hand lol.

although JP is doing a nice job of posting the instagram feed pics lol.

I'll try and get something of the pics over the weekend!

Phil.