Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol i know I know, need to get the finger out for some updated pics.

Got the mats hoovered and fitted yesterday, they will be going to Chris or Joel for some wet vaccing and should then look pretty fresh. Drivers one has seen better days, as you would expect for mats of this age, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a matching drivers mat in better condition.

Update

Got the drivers side rear arch cleaned out yesterday, took fecking ages and the shit that came out of it was unreal. On the plus side, the KYB Excel shock looks to be dry, so should be good for putting a Tein spring onto. That just leaves the passenger-side rear to tackle next, then the exhaust is for a clean.

On the down side, I removed the arm rest and hand brake trim yesterday to see if I could figure out why my drivers seat has been loose in one corner for about 5 years. I assumed the nut had come off the eye-bolt in the transmission tunnel, but no. This is my car we're talking about after all, and it has to be a wanker any time that it can. Turns out the fucking seat subframe is snapped at the fold where it turns upwards to mount to the transmission tunnel bolt hole. Fucking superb.

So now the seats, or at least that one, needs addressed before it's MOT worthy also. The drivers seat has seen better days any way, but I wasnt planning to swap them out any time soon. Just be adding it to the long list lol.

Paint PAS pump - done
Paint air filter bracket - done
Clean oil off plastic engine covers - done
Refit Blitz SUS filter - done
Fit recirc bung - done
Refit alternator with new CJ pulley - done
Fit CJ crank pulley - done
Remove rear washer line - done
Internal wire tuck - done
Tuck boot catch cable - done
Tuck petrol flap cable - done
Replace steering wheel bolts - done
Machine so it fits and then fit adjustable CJ cam pulley - Cancelled

New PAS and alternator belts - done
Rocker cover needs tidied up - new K&N breather filter fitted

Crank shaft oil seal - done

Obtain and fit door cards - done

Fit Rescueman - done

Fit Din blanking plate - done

Find and fit an Apexi EL1 60mm oil pressure gauge - done

Fit Samco intake pipe - done

Fit passenger front lower trim panel with flare - done

New battery clamp / rods - done

Tidy engine bay - started

New radiator bracket - first attempt ne fit pas, redesigned version to follow

Wire in all Apexi gauges

Fit oil filter relocator - o-rings sourced, trial fitment to follow

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold

Paint rocker cover and inlet manifold support bar (also: source new rocker cover oil seals and polish/replace nuts) - rocker cover painted, need a new PCV valve

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Source some shiny recessed washers to tidy up engine bay

Address the seats

Phil.

keeping at it bud, but the subframe has fucked me off.

Not as bad as it once would have when it was a daily, but its still irritating as it would be a straight MOT failure, and rightly so.

Greenmachine has offered to weld it back together for me if I can get the fucker out lol!

Phil.

like the exhausts :thumbsup: say it would look the =@ with a livesports or winningsports spoiler and the lowerducktail spoiler too

"THE exhausts?" haha. Are you looking at the most up to date pics? page 87 has pics mate. (not sure if theyre the most up to date phil?) This thread is a maze :p

@Vissio - that was probably her's yes, we've talked her into keeping the SR decals on for now, so it likely was her.

Thanks for the kinds words gents, 2007 would have been the last time you saw her in the metal Simon, i think?

Progress??

Progress is that on sunday I took the drivers seat out to assess the damage to the sub frame...the fucker is snapped in two separate places. Right now the piece behind the eyebolt into the tranny tunnel is stuck as I cant budge the eye bolt, not sure if we ended up drilling that one out and putting a nut on it or not, my memory fails me, but until I can get that out, the sub frame cant be repaired.

test fitted the battery clamp from RW Developments yesterday also...doesnt fit with the battery tray, and without the battery tray, the nuts only catch about two threads on the rods, one of which has broken threads but hopefully these are far enough down that they wont make any difference. may have to replace the battery for a shorter one to get the damn thing to fit now, think the rods are just a few mm shorter than the stock ones. As we already know the radiator bracket was 30mm shy of the cross beam also, so for now I'm having an engineer in work draw me up a new one and hopefully he can also machine it up in work and that will finally take care of the radiator.

I think I need to give Mr Green a shout too, to start discussions on the gauge wiring!

Phil.

This weekend is pretty hectic with wedding things bud, i SHOULD be home in the afternoon, but I'm not sure at what time yet. You'll weep when you see the wires hanging out of her anyway lol!!!! drop me a text sure dude, but there is no panic, once this wedding lark is over at the start of June things will be muuuuuuch quieter!

Update

Got the eyebolt to move using a bigger screw driver! But now it just spins, so that confirms my half-assed theory that there is a nut on the other side. Time to bust out the axle stands again and try and get up in behind the heat shield!!! Then I will have all the busted pieces of the subframe freed up and removed ready for repair.

Drawing of the radiator bracket has been completed today, so hopefully my colleague can get something machined and folded in the next few weeks when the workshop is quiet.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

A man, a man in a Lexus, he came to my house brandishing spade connectors and a crimping tool.

He did some voodoo, and now there are some illuminated gauges on the dash.

But then, then he said he was going to come back in a couple of months, and he would do some more voodoo with his spade connectors and his crimping tool, to make more lighting of the gauges and to make the water temp one actually read a temperature!!

And all the while, a badger stood and watched, marvelling at his unravelling of the JDM daisy chain wiring loom conundrum. He did make himself useful though by returning the speedo clocks to their OEM illumination colour!! No more faded crappy blue! OEM green FTW!

As always, some sexy pics on the GaragEP instagram feed, #GaragEP!

Phil.

Good man cheers dude!!! there must be a simple way of doing that, putting the pics up here from instagram! someone really needs to tell me how!!!!

drivers-side dash is all back together, as is the centre console.

Passenger dash/glovebox all being rebuilt this evening. I realise it will have to be removed once The Man, aka, Mr Green, aka, Smokey Joe, aka, Stealth-Mode-Lexus-Driver returns, but we disucssed this and Chris would rather it was all reconstructed, and then we will deconstruct as necessary for the future tinkering of wires. I have also straightened out all the gauges so that they are all now even, they look a tad wonky in that pic lol!

Next up - get this damn eye bolt OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to get back underneath the car and get a hand up into that exhaust recess.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Good man cheers dude!!! there must be a simple way of doing that, putting the pics up here from instagram! someone really needs to tell me how!!!!

If you have access to a PC.

Go to the instagram feed, find the image,

Right click, "copy image URL"

just use the image tag on the UKSO comment window and paste the URL in there.

As long as the image stays up on instagram it will stay here.

For mobile, uhm, you could probably use the

[img="place image URL here" tag.

Close it off after the last " with another square bracket (I cant do it here because it will think its an image).

Hope that makes a bit of sense?

Cheers Marc!

lol I know u don't like sump sealer, but i can honestly see some being used to complete this stupid kit! Failing that, u could send your PFTE tape pictures to Bower, I have no doubt he would attempt that madness when he's here!!! lol!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger