Nanglebadgers work in progress

Didnt spend anything on the boss, so if it doesnt like my car its no massive shakes. I have already had to relocate my horn button so it will be interesting to me to see if this kit restores EP91 horn functionality, or if I retain the relocated horn...or be a knob and have both.

Thanks Rich, plenty to be getting on with for the first time in a long time. Hoping the vac bungs arrive today so I can have a rattle at them this evening after work, slow and steady progress.

Decided the rear sunstrip is definitely coming off as its now past its best, just putting it off as it'll make me sad inside lol.

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So glad your getting back on with working on the EP!

I have the same issue with the horn, I still need to get around to sorting something out as I encounter more and more idiots on the roads everyday I don't have a horn xD

Another crafty hour in the garage last night, got a couple more washers done around the catch can, also removed the catch can to inspect for "fullness", bugger all in it, so all good. Fitted one of the two ICV washers, need to relocate an earth wire before fitting the second. Busted open a Samurai air freshener too, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And, a sad day also. I have started removing the rear sun strip. Its like a bandage, the longer I put it off, the harder it would be to do. But its the right time for it to go, it had started to split and just needed replaced or removed. Still shit though. :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray:

This evening I'll finish removing the strip and HOPEFULLY my freaking Vac bungs will arrive today!

The list:

Wire in all Apexi gauges - done, just need to connect sensors for oil and water

Fit oil filter relocator - ready to fit

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil - no need, wont see winter roads
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Front ARB

Repaint ends of front strut-brace and BMCS - in progress

Shiny recessed washers to tidy up engine bay - done

Check CV boots - order new ones

Blow out washer jets - done (thanks Joel!)

New suspension - almost!!!

Refresh lower suspension parts (arms, bushes, joints, track rod ends) - arms and bushes sorted

New number plates

Investigate exhaust mani options

Flush out washer bottle

Finish cleaning wheel arches - done

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

Joel kindly gave up a few hours of his Easter Sunday to help make some headway with the to-do list.

New radiator fan installed, few more dress up washers and bolts added to the bay, snap-off kit fitted and rear plastics trimmed for the strut to go back in. Also found a pipe hanging about the bay thats meant to be connected to the boost controller. Pretty sure it still wont work but reconnected for a laugh anyway. Got the vacuum pipe bungs installed on the manifold and TB during the week too.

post-51-0-72223200-1459234625_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-90954200-1459234633_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-11127600-1459234664_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-73612000-1459234671_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-20668800-1459234644_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-79514000-1459234654_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I'll get word from the powder coaters this week!!

Thanks again to Joel for his fettling prowess!

Phil.

Edit: wow - even full sized uncompressed pics are shit, time I started using HDR for this.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

New MeisterR Zeta CRD+ coilovers arrived yesterday - ordered on Thursday so that was pretty rapid service!

Powder coated parts are ready for collection so will be arranging that today/tomorrow.

Then I'll place the order for the remaining drive train parts and commence the build-up of the lower arms ready for installation with the coilovers.

Phil.

Time for more shitty iPhone 5 pics of the recent updates:

First up, the Meisters have arrived:

post-51-0-05122900-1460098970_thumb.jpg

And then it was on to collecting the powder coated bits:

post-51-0-83251300-1460098976_thumb.jpg

Lower arms:

post-51-0-40934500-1460099014_thumb.jpg

Front strut brace ends:

post-51-0-33382200-1460098987_thumb.jpg

BMCS:

post-51-0-14892200-1460098996_thumb.jpg

RW Developments battery clamp:

post-51-0-69995500-1460099006_thumb.jpg

Also dug these out of their hidey hole just to be sure the finish was not perishing in the roof space....it ain't, good thick coat of wax is keeping them clean!

post-51-0-21130900-1460098962_thumb.jpg

Ball joints, track rod ends and CV boots order placed with Jay, once landed, arms will be built up and the whole lot installed at once so the taking on and off of nuts and bolts is minimised to prevent excessive marking of the finishes.

Phil.

Time for more shitty iPhone 5 pics of the recent updates:

First up, the Meisters have arrived:

And then it was on to collecting the powder coated bits:

Lower arms:

Front strut brace ends:

BMCS:

RW Developments battery clamp:

Also dug these out of their hidey hole just to be sure the finish was not perishing in the roof space....it ain't, good thick coat of wax is keeping them clean!

Ball joints, track rod ends and CV boots order placed with Jay, once landed, arms will be built up and the whole lot installed at once so the taking on and off of nuts and bolts is minimised to prevent excessive marking of the finishes.

Phil.

Great progress and those powder coated bits look superb.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Not so much an update as a note to myself to track items following collection of new number plates, refitting of powder coated BMCS and cleaning of washer bottle over the weekend.

The list:

Grease-up coilovers

Order coilover socks

Order dash mat

Fit new suspension, anti-lift kit and lower arm parts

Fit new number plates

Wire in all Apexi gauges - done, just need to connect sensors for oil and water

Fit oil filter relocator - ready to fit

Fix bumper support bar
Repaint all 4 calipers
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tyres for Volks
New bonnet

Flush out washer bottle - done

Long Finger Items:

Boost controller needs replaced

Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Upgrade front ARB

Investigate exhaust mani options

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Hi buddy, loving the car and plan to read through the whole thread soon. I'm going for a civic half rad soon and have been looking at the glanza header tank like you've done, I didn't think it would fit but seeing you're obviously means it does. how exactly did you mount it mate?- is it on a certain page on here?

Thanks

Jase

Morning Jase,

Standard civic half rad from eBay (ID-Workz sells them too).

The bottom of the radiator sits (literally sits) on the original OEM radiator bracket, and I think we've a rubber bung lodged onto that OEM bracket just to hold the half rad a bit better.

The top is held on with a custom S-shape bracket that I had an engineer in my work make for me in the workshop. Think my instagram has a picture of the CAD drawing with all the measurements (#GaragEP).

The reason mine is on like this and not using a JD Tuning or ID Workz mounting kit is that my lower cross member has bolts snapped off where the bottom mounting bracket would mount to.

Cheers,

Phil.