Nanglebadgers work in progress

Hi Phil, I'm all sorted for the rad kit and have looked into all that already. it's the expansion/ header tank that I'm talking about. Obviously your original NA tank sat where mine does now- on the left of the engine bay. The glanza one fits near the battery- so I was wondering how you attached the glanza tank in your bay? I know there's a little bracket on glanzas to mount them so wondered if you made your own bracket or something

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah got ya, sorry I hadnt had my coffee(s) when i posted that response.

Expansion tank, yes, so what we've done with mine is get a Glanza one that as you say, has a metal L-shaped bracket on the rear of it.

Originally it was bush-mechanic'd in with a cable tie, however Rob Bower took great offense to that, so using the holes already in the flat/horizontal piece of the bracket already attached to the bottle, it was screwed down into the metal work of the engine bay. It took some drilling/tapping before hand which claimed the life of a drill bit, but its now securely in there!

Hope thats a bit clearer for you bud!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

New number plates fitted at the weekend, cleaned up versions with no websites or anything on them. First time there has been a front plate on her in a few years.

Coilover socks ordered - apparently I don't know the difference between 4 coilovers and a "pair" of socks though....idiot...so need to order another pair. Feel free to mock, I deserve it. After that, I plan to order a charcoal dash mat to tidy up the gauge installation on the dash (cover holes, etc).

On another note, for several reasons the car needs to be temporarily rehomed, meaning it will actually see tarmac use in the coming weeks for a brief 30 minutes.

Phil.

Tarmac will certainly be a foreign concept to her bud! The hard part will be behaving myself taking it up the road as I really, really dont want to attract any undue attention.

Hoping the socks show up today, ensure they're the right size, then order a second set!

Phil.

Yes bud.

After spending the money for brand new coils, I dont want to just let them rot under the car. So they will be getting a heavy coating of marine grease before fitting, as well as these covers applied over the top of them. They wont pass MOT as the MOT man likes to see the shock etc, but they're easily fitted and removed and will stop stones etc from pinging up and chipping the springs/shock etc so hopefully help to preserve the life of them for as long as possible.

Second set and marine grease ordered.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • 2 weeks later...

Update

Managed a handy trade for a fresh bonnet yesterday. My own is a little worse for wear as the result of some persuasion required to make the original FMIC pipework fit and looks terrible when opening the bonnet, so been on the hunt for something fresh for a couple of years now. Big thanks to TTE_Starlet (Ryan) for sorting me out with this, and also for providing me with a new spare wheel mount so I can get a space saver back into the car (just needs welded in).

Before a quick scrub:

post-51-0-62448300-1470036094_thumb.jpg

And after:

post-51-0-11587100-1470036103_thumb.jpg

Yes, its from an EP95 that Ryan is in the process of tinkering with:

post-51-0-09302600-1470036113_thumb.jpg

Another piece of the puzzle sorted!

Phil.

No taste big man, no taste!

Gotta cruise the daily miles in comfort, and what better way than in Italian styling. I couldn't count the number of VAG motors I see on a daily basis - you know how many 159s I see? F**k all. Know how many 159 Sportwagons I see?? Less than fuck all. Know how many 159 Sportwagon Ti's I see?? One - and thats the reflection of mine I see in all the windows I cruise by! lol!

I think I've made my stylish point..... :p :p :p

Phil.

• 1 month later...

errrmmmaaagggeerrrdddd...I actually ordered a thing for this car.

Grey dash mat ordered from Australia - not to everyone's tastes I know, but after seeing one in Joel's Chaser, and looking at the frankly SHITE job I did of drilling my dash, I think this is the best solution to tidy and smarten things up.

Phil.