Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does, and I apologise for that. I dont have regular access to a decent camera anymore. There's nothing to see at the moment to be fair, but progress can be seen on Instagram, #GaragEP.

I'll try and get some decent pics in here once the seats and interior trim are sorted in the coming few weeks! Apologies for my rubbishness gents! Must get a camera sorted.

Phil.

Update

So, as anyone who follows the #GaragEP IG feed will know, yesterday was a very productive day!

Firstly, a monster thanks to Joel once again for taking a full day from his weekend to wrench on Project BadgerSport!

Saturday was the NorthStar RR day at CAE in Knockloughrim which was a SUPERB day out! See TGTT here for the pics: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?109427-2015-meets-NORTHSTARS&p=1153923#post1153923

Whilst at the meet, Adzy very kindly donated a rubber grommet for my bootlid, so that was the first order of the day on Sunday.

I also got some rear inner plastics from Hookie's breaker - the main parts I wanted were the rear door cards which were pretty flawless considering their age, so they were also popped into place on Sunday. The rear arch plastics sadly have seen better days, so I've decided to leave all that rear area exposed.

Joel also tackled tidying up the dash wiring by playing around with some rubber grommets, so thats starting to look a good bit tidier. I'll continue with that in my spare time too.

And then of course the piece de resistance - the Recaros. A wet vac was all they needed, again courtesy of Joel, and in they popped and harnesses fitted. Sit a good bit higher than the corbeaus did, but they are a far more substantial seat! Well chuffed, especially considering how well they turned out after a wet vac!

AND...believe it or not, she saw the cold light of day. We pulled her out of the garage and ran it up and down the cul-de-sac a few times to loosen her up a bit and clear up the discs. She's now reversed in, onto a nice carpeted floor, meaning I can get at the last wheel arch for cleaning!

Wee bit of a stand-still now, going to order up a slim radiator fan to tidy the front up a bit, and then its onto the lower arms and suspension parts.

Photos of most of the above on IG, @nanglebadger, #GaragEP!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Nothing very exciting, but replacement inner plastic for boot lid picked up from Joel on Sunday, and I have ordered up a new slimline radiator fan to replace the aircon fan currently being used.

Also, now that we can upload directly, I'll throw some pics up this evening from a few weekends back when we got the seats in and turned it round in the garage.

Phil.

Ok, so let's try this direct uploading!!

Bootlid wiper bung...at last!!!!!

post-51-0-90006700-1435695687_thumb.jpg

Outside in the fresh air!!!

post-51-0-94947700-1435695759_thumb.jpg

Tucked up back in with carpet down on floor!

post-51-0-85277000-1435695843_thumb.jpg

Recaros fitted!!!

post-51-0-23098700-1435695892_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-52433400-1435695947_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-91944600-1435695999_thumb.jpg

Start made at tidying up dash wiring holes

post-51-0-57154400-1435696061_thumb.jpg

This evening saw the massive advancement of a replacement bootlid trim

post-51-0-59474100-1435696134_thumb.jpg

And finally, the #GaragEP to-do list, slowly getting smaller!!

post-51-0-07684200-1435696212_thumb.jpg

Next up will be the radiator fan and tires for the Speedlines for MOT purposes.

Phil.

I know I know, I suck, since moving out I dont have access to the big Nikon anymore but this new direct upload feature is super duper helpful! Kudos to Socks!

@ Adzy - Yes bud I do, I ran the three at the driver's side A-pillar for years as an N/A and then started to build a collection of A'pexi EL1 series gauges, so the list is:

Autogauge Volt gauge (works)

Autogauge Oil Pressure (now redundant, to be replaced with something digital, either A/F or air inlet temp)

Autogauge Techo w/ shift lift (works, although semi redundant due to SR dials, but shift light is cool)

A'pexi Vacuum gauge (fully wired in)

A'pexi Boost gauge (mechanical, fully wired in)

A'pexi EGT (fully wired in)

A'pexi Water Temperature (wired for power but not yet to sensor)

A'pexi Oil Temperature (wired for power but not yet to sensor)

A'pexi Oil Pressure (wired for power but not yet to sensor)

So really all but one of them serves a purpose, and I'll replace that one with something that will serve a purpose. It's all about the monitoring of one's vital signs, early warning system and all that lol!

Phil.

Update

Took the Speedlines for some cheap new tires on Friday. Their sole purpose is to not leak, allow the car to stand on the Speedlines, and pass MOT for years to come. And maybe serve to move her about to Jay's etc, essentially a garage wheel.

Got them fitted and the OZ Titans removed yesterday. Next job is to clean the final wheel arch and to give the calipers a rub down and repaint.

post-51-0-52712800-1436212351_thumb.jpg

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

So i know i have commented a few times but the past few days yes it took that long i decided to go through your thread from start to finnish! It took ages lol but its a great read! I was 15 when you started this build its great too see how much its come on :)

HAH! Awesome thanks bud!

Funny, I looked over the first couple of posts the other nite at home and it was weird looking at how she was back then, my folks' old house, and even the way I posted/typed back then, like an over enthusiastic kid lol!

Thanks for taking the time to read bud! Hopefully there are a few more pages to come yet!

Phil.

HAH! Awesome thanks bud!

Funny, I looked over the first couple of posts the other nite at home and it was weird looking at how she was back then, my folks' old house, and even the way I posted/typed back then, like an over enthusiastic kid lol!

Thanks for taking the time to read bud! Hopefully there are a few more pages to come yet!

Phil.

No problem mate i love well thought out builds like this :) but its funny too see all the different styles it went through from 17 inch wheels and dual exit exhausts to small jdm wheels and a single exit exhaust aha! Hopefully there will be more to read soon! :)

She has seen her fair share of changes over the years bud, and they probably reflect my own maturing process from my young 20s to my 30s now. Bit less OTT, bit more focused and purposeful with something of an end goal in mind!

Update

Utterly RAPID service from Id-Workz as always this week! Some new front arm bushes to compliment the anti lift kit and upcoming lower arm refresh.

post-51-0-30114400-1436559689_thumb.jpg

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger