if you got the money and knolage to do such conversion why not ? its not gonna be easy every thing is the wrong way for a start but just because all the key bord warriors say not to dont mean its gona be shit i hate vtec persoanly but would a mint conversion just do it !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate, think about what youre saying.....

you get a civic.... take the engine out of it, put it into a <you>MUCH</you> shitter starlet chassis....

you end up with a worse car than you started with, and an empty wallet. it will be slower than a mildly modded 4e, and it wont handle like a civic. so it will be crapper on both fronts.

the only reason the vtec works in the civic is the chassis, they compliment each other perfectly. honda have pieced them together perfectly. if you take the handling aspect away from the b16 it just becomes an overly revvy, torqueless motor. it wouldnt be any fun is a starlet, as youd just understeer/LOOS into a tree.

it doenst make any sense, no matter what way you look at it. its a completely pointless excercise.

he wants to be differnt and not be a sheep like everone eles runnin a 4efte with ct9 hybrid with 190bhp big whoop i mean i think thats shit and point less uust get a td04 and greddy blue and you got more power for potentaly the same money .And i do agree with you it would be pointless and stuff but do somethin differnt other than what everyone else is doing ahy

Sure, spend thousand's for the sole purpose of being different, for the sake of...umm, well, glamouring admiration from some, and bewilderment and criticisms of purpose from the others. In the end, its just a Starlet? Is it really worth it?

In the end, everyone is free to do what they want to do with the cars, but in the end they have to value the purpose of their choice, and if the end result is really worth it

he wants to be differnt and not be a sheep like everone eles runnin a 4efte with ct9 hybrid with 190bhp big whoop i mean i think thats shit and point less uust get a td04 and greddy blue and you got more power for potentaly the same money

Don't talk bollocks mate, it's not all about peak power figures.

On the topic:

If he wants to be different then that's fine and yes it would unique and all the rest of it but come on, it's not the greatest of ideas.

I agree its nice to be different and i always admire the people that break away from the norm and do somethink different but i think Starlet rick is right on the Honda engine swap here. Its a great engine and the civic chassis matches it perfectly and i think its going to be more hassle than its worth and give not much benefit over the 4efte engine.

Have you though about different engines? Im not sure what but i would stick to the toyota range of engines. Maybe a 1.5 T sport engine from the Yaris and supercharged??? has anyone done that yet??? or a 1.6 from a newer corolla???

Just my 2 pence worth :harhar:

Jason :lol:

now theres an idea jason!

1NZFE with a charger on it. they are fucking MINT engines, i love mine. that would work in a treat.

they make about 140hp and 140ftlbs at about 3k. really drivable and nice. they respond really well to a good exhaust/filter setup aswell.

now theres an idea jason!

1NZFE with a charger on it. they are fucking MINT engines, i love mine. that would work in a treat.

they make about 140hp and 140ftlbs at about 3k. really drivable and nice. they respond really well to a good exhaust/filter setup aswell.

Hmmm. Im thinking about that as a possible future project now :lol: I quite like the T sport, really nice little car! Although if i really think about it i would probably leave the engine in the yaris :harhar:

gaz, starlets dont handle at all though mate. you cant even compare a starlet to a civic. they are not in the same league.

the 3s still adds weight to the front over the 4e. and the last thing a starlet needs is extra weight on the nose, lol.

jason, yes the 1nz is a lush little motor. but like you said, leave it in the yaris. its a better chassis than the starlet, much nicer to drive.

not comparing them to a civic,i got a b16 civic running 182bhp and it handle's on good tyres like no other,

but what i am saying that a 3sgte starlet is far from a diaster,

you can make the starlet handle you just got to spend the money in the right place's and get it set up properly, alot of people bolt thing's on and expect it to be perfect straight away, been through a few set-up's with the 4wd one and have got it spot on power and chassis wise to how i want it to drive

gaz, starlets dont handle at all though mate. you cant even compare a starlet to a civic. they are not in the same league.

that's your biased opinion, I'm sure ecsjay would back you up.

Granted the starlet has the underpinings of a shopping trolly.

I've had two ek4's, a well driven one can do 90% of what an ek9 can.

Sitting here typing In it the now.

Starlets don't handle shit with a few mods. It's been proven now. They are lethal under brakes. Give me a Glanza running stock boost with a few suspension mods and pick a twisty a road. I'd leave you for dust :harhar:

that's your biased opinion, I'm sure ecsjay would back you up.

Granted the starlet has the underpinings of a shopping trolly.

I've had two ek4's, a well driven one can do 90% of what an ek9 can.

Sitting here typing In it the now.

Starlets don't handle shit with a few mods. It's been proven now. They are lethal under brakes. Give me a Glanza running stock boost with a few suspension mods and pick a twisty a road. I'd leave you for dust :harhar:

lol i agree my mate has a evo FQ400 and he cant tuch me with all that AYC crap and 4x4 down twisty roads lol

he gets pissed right off :lol:

Hes a rally driver mate he has been for 11year lol he learnt me :lol: he dose all the left foot braking and all

that mad stuf its all about power to weight ratio as well also the turbo on the evo takes about three weeks to get going

unlike the ct9 lol :wacko:

its not a bias opinion geo, you know that.

i love starlets, ive had 3 of them over the years, and they will always have a place in my heart.

that said, i also know them well enough to be able to point out their flaws.

with similar power figures, an ek will always be faster than a glanza on a track. its just setup so much better.

its not a bias opinion geo, you know that.

i love starlets, ive had 3 of them over the years, and they will always have a place in my heart.

that said, i also know them well enough to be able to point out their flaws.

with similar power figures, an ek will always be faster than a glanza on a track. its just setup so much better.

not jumping in or out but its like anything it depends on how,s driveing the ek and how,s driveing the glanza i live near b roads my other mate has a ek and he cant

touch me eather as the ek,s car chassis design is to stif it just slides about as if it was on ice and my mate will confirm that for me hes been in a hedge 2times now not becouse of his driveing just the are that stif but what i will agree with is the ek has a better down force as the ep91 is like a shoe lol :wacko:

mikey, your mate cant drive if he cant lose a glanza in country roads.

i would challenge ANYONE on here, regardless of horsepower or handling setup to get away from tc-dave in his 164hp ek4. you could have a 300hp track monster starlet, and you would lose.

ste, dont get me wrong, the ep is good fun to drive and it is fairly predicatable, yes. but you need to go in a well driven ek mate. the levels of grip the things generate are stupid. the starlet just simply doesnt have what it takes to keep up.

obviously driver skill makes up for a lot, but this topic is about an engine swap, and why its pointless. but thats been made clear quite a few times. by taking the best thing out of the starlet (the 4e) and replacing it with the honda engine, youll just ruin the civic and also ruin the starlet.

they are both cracking little cars, but starlets are not strong in the twisties.