Might sound wild, but I'm trying to think of a quicker engine for the SR, with extreme reliability at the same time...so as the title suggests - does anybody know if a b16a out of a Civic VTI / SiR will go / has gone into an EP91?

I appreciate its no way gonna be an easy, straight swap but I'm just looking to see what peoples thoughts are and if anybody has ever done it! Because if not, and if in theory it can be actually be done then I am so tempted!

Starlet SR VTEC Edition anyone? ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was thinking about this conversion a fair few month's ago, going down the vtec turbo route, BUT it's alot of work and the b series engine is a fair lump, spec with the design od the inlet going backwards,

would be alot of work and prop best to just space frame the whole front end to get it to sit were you want it to

I'm addicted to VTEC!!

I had an EK Civic before it wasn't a B16 it was a D15Z6 but my mates B lump in his EG Civic is unreal for what it is!

I just thought it'd be original, hardly done, and spastic fast for a N/A lump, but still with impeccable reliabilty - as lets face it a lightly tuned B16 is still gonna be reliable.

Plus it'll have that what the fuck factor - can you imagine it, a Starlet with VTEC? It'd be mint! ;)

the honda engine turns the wrong way mate so you'll end up with 5 reverse gears and 1 forward.Was gong to fit one in a kit car but did sum research and found this out so went bike engined.Sorry to piss on your bonfire mate, would be awesome otherwise

had 4 in kit car mate, spent alot, and i mean ALOT on the engine and it went wrong numerous times,had the crank ground, new shells and still kept going wrong.Don't get me wrong they are cracking engines but just cant get mega power from them.

if you want vtec, buy a civic.

the chassis in them is superb, even out of the box. whereas a starlet, well, isn't.

they're cheap enough also, much easier than faffing around with a n/a starlet, as you'll have everything else that goes with it.

i have an ek9, obviously the best of the civics, but even the vti's and sir's have brilliant chassis'. anyone who knows about the tc-ek4 can comment accordingly ;)

had 4 in kit car mate, spent alot, and i mean ALOT on the engine and it went wrong numerous times,had the crank ground, new shells and still kept going wrong.Don't get me wrong they are cracking engines but just cant get mega power from them.

just because you had a bad experience with one doesnt mean they are all shit.

4ages are bloody good motors if looked after.