• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not yet just waiting for chris to have some spare time and his car done so i can give him mine I'll prob have all other mods on before the box gets done as its a big job mate cant wait though :)

Soooooo if chris car is finished he he going to be driving to the Trafford Centre meet be good to see his car. Yeah will be good to here if the 6 speed is a good conversion.

im no expert at welding but i do have a little experiance, and this is only from the picture you have posted so may just be how it shows on the pic

the welds look "neat" but doesnt apear to be any penetration so may not hold in the event of a crash, ide has a competant welder check them out.

Mani Porting Looks A Treat :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cheshireglanza

yes dude smoking has stopped took it out for run last night give it beating smoking stopped but mani got red hot so i booked it in with nick at td for fueling,remap,coilovers setup

Very good work luke 10 out of 10 from me :p you have realy got me thinking of going 6, speed im not botherd about top end i love the acceleration facter :)

If i did go 6,speed could i use my 5,speed drive shafts?

yeh micky the shaft for the auto and maunal are the same and the shafts i got with the 6speed box were the same as my auto ones, but the 6speed shaft didnt have the abs rings on them so i just used my auto ones if ya get me!.

If your going from manual 5 to manual 6 you dont need to do half as much work as i did, it'll be as simple as swaping boxes and then swaping out the gear shifter/cables. Theres a few g6's being broken on fleebay atm to. I would recomend it, the acceleration is emence even on standard boost but at 70 in 6th the engines revving just over 3k not sure what its like in a 5speed like but the final drives are different so can only guess it will be less.

auto

1st : 3.643

2nd : 2.008

3rd : 1.296

4th : 0.892

5th : -

Reverse : 2.977

Counter gear ratio : unconfirmed

Differential gear ratio : 2.821

manual 5

1st : 3.166

2nd : 1.904

3rd : 1.392

4th : 1.031

5th : 0.815

Reverse : 3.250

Differential gear ratio : 3.722

manual 6

1st : 3.166

2nd : 1.904

3rd : 1.233

4th : 0.969

5th : 0.815

6th : 0.682

Reverse : 3.250

Differential gear ratio : 4.526

Thanks for the info luke much appreciated :)

So all i need to put the 6,speed box on is shifter/cables? I've never had a look on fleebay i shall have a gander

also i think at 70 my 5,speed is at about 3k im not sure though i shall check

I heard it makes no difference if sat at 70mph on a motorway to a five speed.

Awsome work though mate must feel a bit alien using a clutch in that car now :p

Should be awsome when you get here at 1 bar :)

I heard it makes no difference if sat at 70mph on a motorway to a five speed.

Awsome work though mate must feel a bit alien using a clutch in that car now :p

Should be awsome when you get here at 1 bar :)

yep really alien, I've tried putting it in gear so many times without depressing the clutch I've lost count this morning I actually got it in reverse and it stalled so I sat there scratching my head for a few seconds then it clicked "oh shit yeh, there's a clutch"

thanks for the kind comments guy really makes worth while.