My Troublesome Turbocharged Terror

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers fella, well I've got an autofixed fmic waiting to be fitted.

Then the lil things like fuel pump, rrfpr aswell to fit so i can run a little bit more boost for the moment. I know it aint the best method, but its what i can afford at the moment and aslong as i'm sensible its safe enough as plenty of people have used the same setup in the past, but when i can afford it i want a decent ecu like a jam or sard etc.

My plans for this summer are sorting the supension looking for a good set of uprated shocks and matched springs. Also might get a new mani if i can afford it.

good work mate, get it slammed though, feels like a different car when they're slammed (with decent shocks ofcourse :))

had fun with massive understeer/4 wheel power slides earlier, was so much fun, but as its so low its actually controllable now :p great fun

need more boost though, so good work with the fmic, im not sure whether i can be bothered to swap from my ARC to a fmic, as im not sure what turbo i wanna use :)

There's no pics of the gauges, just what i mentioned in the post, they are autometer one's.

An cheers ecks, you can keep your eye out for a set of suspension for me now since your sorted, yours looks sooooo much better on it's arse just wish mine was that way :).

Had the fmic for a while now but was just collecting up all my bits to fit them all at once, hopefully get all the bits on soon once the car is back form whatever garage it ends up at this time.

• 8 months later...

I thought i had better update this post since my Glanza has changed a fair bit since back then^^^

So firstly probably the biggest change for me was the addition of these lovely things;

CIMG1013.jpg

CIMG1014.jpg

CIMG1015.jpg

As you may be able to tell they are Cusco L-Zero coilovers, i got them for a bargain price of £450 off ebay and as you can see they were in quite good condition. They totally transformed the car both in looks and performance, they are bloody brilliant coilovers and don't have a harsh ride at all. So this is how the car looked after fitting them;

CIMG1121.jpg

CIMG1124.jpg

CIMG1123.jpg

The next thing i did was getting the intercooler fitted, I also modified the bumper a little to get maximum air to the cooler, so this is how it looked then;

CIMG1133.jpg

CIMG1135.jpg

I was tempted to leave it like this for a while, but thought the police might not be too keen if they saw it...

CIMG1128.jpg

I thought the car deserved some nice scenic pictures, so i found a suitable Scottish landmark and snapped away;

32715303462.jpg

CIMG001.jpg

32715303492.jpg

The next bits i fitted was this little lot;

CIMG1991.jpg

One of Dave Burwashes's stainless steel mani's, a Blitz decat and some TRD sweat bands. Along with a bit of a clean in the engine bay this is how the car now looks;

CIMG2016.jpg

CIMG2020.jpg

CIMG2026.jpg

CIMG2023.jpg

So thats how the car stands today, I've also got this sitting in my bedroom waiting to be fitted;

CIMG1986.jpg

A GReddy Emanage, I'm waiting on getting a boost controller then sorting out my ignition with some new leads and plugs, then the Emanage can get fitted and mapped. :p

I'm also desperate for some nice JDM rims which the car really needs, so if anyone finds or has any for sale let me know. ;)

So the full spec of the car at the moment looks like this:

Engine/Turbo:

Autofixed FMIC

Apexi Filter (Mounted behind the grill)

Burwash Stainless Steel Manifold

Blitz Decat

Custom straight through ss cat back exhaust

HKS Actuator

HKS FCD

Walbro fuel pump

SARD RRFPR

SARD R2D2

TRD Reservoir Covers

Chassis:

Cusco L Zero Coilovers

Cusco Type OS Front and Rear Strut Braces

Cusco Lower Arm Bar

Whiteline Anti-lift Kit

Whiteline Pan-Hard Rod

15in TSW Rims (Need some JDM rims!)

Interior:

Autometer Ultra Lite II Boost Gauge and A/F Ratio Gauge mounted in Nomad racing A-pillar Pod.

Exterior:

'98/'99 Clear Front Indicators

JDM Reflet Rear Light Clusters

Ahhhh I remember it now!!!

Also seen it in your sig on TGTT I believe

Looking good mate, some JDM rims well set it off nice!!! :p

Cheers mate, yeah probably seen my sig on TGTT, couldn't get it work over here. ;)

I've been looking for some new rims for ages, I missed out on a set on ebay which i was gutted about. Hopefully get some sson though.

love that mate, but im also jealous i never got my reservoir covers

Thanks Si, I'd like the 98 front like yours though, I need to save up for that and the nice bonnet which yours will have soon too. :p

You could probably find some covers some where, its a bit unfortunate that some went missing. I was also feeling a bit sorry for steve getting all the hassle he has when it was the post office's fault with them but thats another matter.

Cars looking awesome, loving those pics by the fourth (is that how you spell it) bridge too :p :P

Yeah close enough its the Forth rail bridge. Its a good spot for pics although it was bloody cold that day. I'll probably go back sometime to get some nice sunset pics.

Thanks mate. ;)

yea i did actually i said that on tgtt

Yeah i noticed that, i said about it in another post too since people have been waiting on bits from speedvision for a lot longer and which cost considerably more. Also the fact that some people got them made it pretty obvious that he wasn't trying to rip people off. Never mind eh.