My Troublesome Turbocharged Terror

I fitted my Greddy Profec E-01 and also test fitted the Emanage this weekend, still need to play about with the profec more as its not set up perfectly and has loads of features which will take a while to get used too. So this is how they look fitted....

CIMG2128.jpg

CIMG2196.jpg

CIMG2197.jpg

CIMG2198.jpg

I can't take any credit for the carbon fascia but thanks to rubix_cube for that, i also fitted a carbing cooling panel so thanks to GlanzaVSilver for that.

Another pic of the outside just to make you all jealous of the wheels again :D

CIMG2165.jpg

So now i just need to get the emanage properly fitted and mapped then will see how it performs after that.

I'm also really in need of new brakes now so will sort that soon, also the car has started squealing at high rpm, i think its a slipping belt so need to get that checked. Other than that the glanza's going great. :p

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D-->

QUOTE(Stevie B @ Jun 19 2007, 01:42 PM)
i wondered where i'd seen that carbon facia before, looking good!

S.

Cheers, yeah i liked it when i seen it on rubix's so i bought it :p

Can't wait to get the emanage mapped though, will be interested to see how you get on with it this weekend. :D

• 1 month later...

Update *03/08/07*

Well my stainless steel manifold which I only fitted 4 months ago had started leaking a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it completely gave up on me.:D

The car started sounding like a proper tractor, so I took it off last night in the hope that I could get the small crack causing the leak welded.....

But it couldn't be!

So I now have the stock manifold back on and will be buying a new mild steel one when they are available, hopefully it will last a little longer!

I also gave the car a service a few weeks ago changing the distributer cap, rotor arm and fitting new NGK Irridiums and the oil and filter too.

Today is also mot day, however I just got sent away from the testing centre because the inspector was there and the mechanic told me to leave or I'd fail on the no. plate, therefore i'm heading back there at 1 when the inspector has gone.:unsure:

Also there isn't going to be a problem with my car having the decat fitted which I'm very happy about. :lol:

I was going to book the car in to get the emanage fitted and mapped once the car's through the mot, however with the stock mani now back on I'm not sure what to do.:lol: I don't want to wait to get a new manifold, but at I don't think it would be good getting it mapped with the standard mani fitted.

Anyone any suggestions?

Probably best to wait till the new mani is in, unless its one that doesnt change much in performance. But it looks real nice, some cars just can't pull off the white wheels on a black car, but this one is different, deffinatly a good choice.

Keep us posted!

T

Probably best to wait till the new mani is in, unless its one that doesnt change much in performance. But it looks real nice, some cars just can't pull off the white wheels on a black car, but this one is different, deffinatly a good choice.

Keep us posted!

T

Cheers mate, I think I'm going to have to put the remap on hold until I get another mani. With the stock one back on there's a bit more boost creep and unstable boost wouldn't be good when the car's being mapped. :D:unsure:

One good thing though - I passed my mot! Woop woop!

The guys at the place I took it were very sound. One bloke said he got his ass handed to him in his mr2 by a Starlet Turbo at crail a while back! He now has an ek9 now too.

I watched them doing the mot and was allowed to change my brake light bulb there and then because it was out, the emissions were no problem either as they just did a non-cat test.

However I did notice that I'm leaking gearbox oil from the drive shaft seal. So that another problem that need sorted.

I do love my wheels I think they suit it perfectly, thaks again. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Update time! Firstly Last week:

Since only one of these manifolds hadn't been fitted to my car in the last week I thought I'd better fit the odd one out :

CIMG2400.jpg

CIMG2404.jpg

The stainless manifold had previously cracked and been rewelded but when a road runner mani became available I thought I'd buy it for peace of mind.

CIMG2409.jpg

It may not look quite as nice but I prefer function over form anyway (in most cases). The only other recent addition to the car are the ngk leads to make sure the ignition system is in top form.

CIMG2408.jpg

Today:

Woo Hooo!;)

The emanage has finally been mapped, the result....

CIMG2439.jpg

CIMG2440.jpg

Oh yeah! 189.8bhp and 167Ftlb of torque @ a peak of 15psi

I'm very happy, the car really flys now, to start with it didn't feel great as the boost was coming in really slow as you can see from the second graph. So on my way home I played with my Profec E-01 a bit and now have full boost from below 3000rpm and boy does it go!

thats a minted reuslut man!

where abouts did you get it mapped and how much was it bud?

she must really fly now ;)

Cheers mate, yeah it goes a bit now!

I got it mapped up at japerformance in ellon, the guy there is really sound so I would definately recommend him. It was a bit pricey though at £350 then vat on top, but worth it for the grin on my face on the way home! :o

Thanks again too idrees. :p