My Troublesome Turbocharged Terror

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them dials look sweet. Where are those avalible from? and do they fit a ep91 n/a?

The dials certainly are nice. Dave Burwash did a gropu buy for them, if you got 20 people interested in them he could make up a set for the NA boys. :unsure:

@ Enzo I got an auto electrician to wire in the emanage, I didn't want to bodge it in myself, I drew up the wiring diagram for it an he just had to solder it all in nice an neatly, cost me 80 quid to do so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I wasn't meant to be doing any more mods for a while but the brakes weren't feeling too good recently, so I upgraded over the weekend with the usual setup of 3G 10 Groove Discs, Mintex 1144 Pads, Braided Lines all round with Toyota DOT5.1 fluid and I even painted the calipers to show off the beastly 1 pots!

So, before nice rusty stock discs:

CIMG2857.jpg

The new setup to go on:

CIMG2855.jpg

And fitted along with the pimped calipers!:

CIMG2865.jpg

CIMG2866.jpg

CIMG2867.jpg

The paint matches the rays stickers nicely:

CIMG2874-2.jpg]

CIMG2876.jpg

To be honest I'm not hugely impressed with the setup at the moment, I never use the brakes hard anyway but I like them to have good feel. However at the moment there is still a lot of initial dead travel in the pedal which I don't like, maybe a bmcs would help this? Although once they bite they do slow you nicely..

I also tried to get some nice sunset pictures last night but couldn't find a very good spot and it was a bit cloudy too;

CIMG2880.jpg

CIMG2882.jpg

CIMG2892.jpg

[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa251/WallaceGlanza/My%20Glanza%20V/CIMG2896.jpg[/img

Comments welcome. :p

lol

your car is looking pretty spotless the now man, would be nice to hook up so you could take me for a spin :p

are you enjoying the car now that its making some decent power ??

do you have braded lines? that and the master cylinder stopper should get rid of that anoying bit of travel in the brake padel, thats what ive noticed with my setup.

lol

your car is looking pretty spotless the now man, would be nice to hook up so you could take me for a spin :p

are you enjoying the car now that its making some decent power ??

do you have braded lines? that and the master cylinder stopper should get rid of that anoying bit of travel in the brake padel, thats what ive noticed with my setup.

Cheers man, I wouldn't say its spotless but its definately enjoyable. As you said in another post its good embarassing people in cars worth 10 times as much. :p

Could certainly meet up some time for a wee rip.:lol:

I fitted the braided lines at the same time but will definately need to get a bmcs too, I'll probably give them another bleed too and see if that helps.

• 3 months later...

Slight facelift for my glanza today, so it was off with the old and on with the new;

CIMG2921.jpg

Old vs New (96/97 vs 98/99 spec)

CIMG2936.jpg

CIMG2935.jpg

CIMG2938.jpg

It should have been easy to fit as I've had the old bumper on and off plenty of times, but the new one sits slightly differently which meant the intercooler pipe, relocated filter and coling panel all made it a pain in the arse to get on properly. However I'm happy with it and it will look even better when I've cut the bars out the bumper and got a splitter for it. :B

Next I'll be painting the sideskirts and rear bumper white just so it all matches nicely... :p

Also just to prove how good I am at saving money for my travels I managed to get a Blitz active clutch for quite cheap , basically the same as an ORC 309D which is what I was wanting, unfortunately it won't be fitted for a while but at least I can say it looks nice. ;)