My Troublesome Turbocharged Terror

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice updates dude, apart from the bonnet!

OMP Corsica steering wheel ftw, as I have one too ;)

And yes it is a shame about the bonnet issue, good luck with getting some money off them dude.

Nice updates dude, apart from the bonnet!

OMP Corsica steering wheel ftw, as I have one too B)

And yes it is a shame about the bonnet issue, good luck with getting some money off them dude.

Yeah its a right fucking kick in the nuts, you know how much I was wanting the s bonnet but I guess I'll probably just buy one now whatever happens since the bent one will need a respray anyway. ;)

Parcel force ar a joke though, it must take some effort to bend a bonnet,plus previously when I was posting out 2 bumpers on the same day with them they only picked up one despite me phoning them up and confirming they had two listed to pick up. :p:D

The corsica is a sexy wheel I've wanted one for ages now, best looking wheel imo, plus as an added bonus my horn button on the steering wheel actually works for the first time since I've owned the car! I can finally dispense road rage as it happens not ten minutes later when I find the horn button. B)B)

Well after stripping the car out I had no music in the car as the only speakers that were wired up were the 6x9's on the rear shelf. So I purchased myself some new 10cm speakers as I couldn't face going back to the crap standard one's and at the same time I bought myself a new headunit.

The speakers I went for are Pioneer TS-E1076's and a matching Pioneer DEH-P6750MP head unit, nothing too fancy as I just want a reasonable setup with stock fitment speakers and decent sound quality.

So firstly it was out with the old double din beast, plus all the wiring, some jap went mad with it!;

CIMG9392.jpg

New speakers to go in;

CIMG9391.jpg

Peaking out from behind dash;

CIMG9397.jpg

And the headunit fitted too;

CIMG9394.jpg

CIMG9393.jpg

CIMG9400.jpg

Although the set up is nothing special I'm quite impressed with the sound from the wee speakers, its exactly what I was wanting really, decent sound with minimum fuss. I'd definately recommend these if anyone just wants a straight replacement for the crap standard one's.

I've got something planned to fill the space that has been left from just fitting a single din unit, however I'm starting to really fancy a carbon surround for the console to match the emanage fascia, I think it would look pretty sexy....

Cheers guys, the headunit is nice, its quite old now but it does exactly what I wanted and it was only 100 quid new.

I've already sold the double din one to a guy on tgtt, I didn't even advertise it!

I noticed you don't have any pics of my car in your gallery anymore Toby! :) I need to take some good one's with the rays on but they need new tires, when I've got some I'll send you a couple Toby.:)

headunit looks fairly nice mate, same can be said for the speakers

(although, having said that, the speakers more suit Idrees' Star :) )

Lol I wasn't buying the speakers for how they looked, you can't see them when their fitted, but I see what you mean. :p:)

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the fact my engine might well be fubared (running on 3 cylinders, compression test to come) I'm still doing mods! :p

I got myself a defi link boost gauge and control unit II for an absolute bargain so removed the old autometer gauges and fitted the defi the other day:

CIMG9418.jpg

CIMG9420.jpg

My new peak boost on stock turbo isn't it!: :p

CIMG9424.jpg

Yes I now need another gauge to go in the pod and I'm planing on getting a few more defi's to match. I've also got a few more little interior bits I'm doing this week and will hopefully find the problem with the engine too!