My Troublesome Turbocharged Terror

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome stuff cant wait to get a rear ARB one day :blink:

I would recommend it as the most effective handling mod for the money, it really does make the car handle much better, the back of the car really helps the car round the corners now rather than just skipping about uselessly.

im liking the cam cover buddy, looks ace!! :p

Cheers mate, it did come up pretty nice. :p

I finally did a compression test on the new engine today and it came up as 175, 175, 176 and 180 from cylinders 1 to 4 so pretty healthy. However the car's been feeling a bit restricted and unhappy to rev recently so I'm wanting to get it back on a rolling road asap to see if its down on power or whether I'm just being my usual paranoid self. :blink::lol:

I would recommend it as the most effective handling mod for the money, it really does make the car handle much better, the back of the car really helps the car round the corners now rather than just skipping about uselessly.

good craic dude, ive been preeching about this for ages :blink:

good show, :blink:

lookin very nice mate :D .. love the defi guages din plate :D

Cheers mate, they are very nice gauges. :D

good craic dude, ive been preeching about this for ages :D

good show,

Yeah I've been meaning to get one for ages, the preaching is all true!

nah thats because your just lame :D

:blink: In the words of Cleveland: 1125018696cleveland1.gif "Thats nasty"

:p

Since I still had to fit the sensors for the Defi oil pressure and temp gauges I thught I may aswell do a couple of other little things at the same time, since the way I wanted to fit the sensors required the removal of the turbo and mani setup.

The plan was to strip down and spray my road runner manifold, since it was looking a bit sorry for itself as you can see in the previous post above. I also thought I would port the wastegate on my ct9 since it has a bit of boost creep which I hoped to eradicate.

So first off I took everything apart and rubbed down the mani to remove all the surface rust then cleaned it up with some turpse, until it looked like this:

CIMG9693.jpg

Then I sprayed it with some high temp exhaust paint and placed it in a pre heated oven (275 degrees c) and baked until crispy.

Whilst that was cooking I fitted the attachments for the gauge sensors, credit goes to WeeJohn for the idea of doing it this way and for the sending me the attachment for the oil temp sensor which fits in oil filter housing like so:

CIMG9697.jpg

The only problem with fitting the sensor here is you have to make a hole in the power steering bracket or it would foul on the sensor wire, since the bracket is 1cm thick cast iron it takes a while to drill through it with a crap drill!

The pressure sensor is a much easier though using an adaptor to fit it along with the standard pressure gauge like so:

CIMG9696.jpg

After checking on the road runner (baking nicely) I attempted to port the turbo wastegate but after killing quite a few grinding stones I gave up so no pics of that.:D

The road runner was then removed from the oven, left to cool overnight and refitted with it looking much better:

CIMG9698.jpg

I just hope the coating lasts a little while (although I did already chip it slightly) but its supposedly good upto 813 degrees c so should keep the rust at bay for a little while. It looks much better in the engine bay now too and the sensor wiring is also very neat imo.;)

CIMG9699.jpg

Cheers guys, I'm enjoying the car a lot more now. The rear arb has made a great difference the ride is actually better with it as the car feels much more planted, plus I softened up the front coilovers slightly and it seems to have made it handle bumps a bit better. ;)

I also managed to sort a lot of little niggles the other day, ie leaking manifold gasket, squeaking radiator and squeaking power steering pulley, so overall I'm much happier with it.

Its still feeling slightly down on power though so a trip to a rolling road is really needed (as I keep saying), plus a new speedo converter as running in kmh has lost its novelty although seeing 180mph on the clock is fun! :D :D

• 2 months later...

There's not been much happening with the Glanza over the winter months other than accumulating dirt and salt on the roads however there has been a pile of parts starting to grow ready to go on when the weather permits.

Recently I finally got hold of and fitted my TC short shift kit, I waited a rediculously long time for it but it was almost worth it.

Old shifter unit:

CIMG9779.jpg

New short shift stick and solid mounting bush's:

CIMG9781.jpg

All trim back in:

CIMG9794.jpg

The shift is much shorter (obviously) and generally tighter with the new stick and solid bush's however whilst fitting the brass linkage bush's the linkage pulled out slightly and now keeps popping out, meaning I can't select 2nd 4th or reverse. :drunk2: A new cable will sort it soon....

The only other new addition actually on the car is this:

CIMG9790.jpg

The greddy remote switching system, meaning I can activate the "over take boost" function on the Profec E-01 from the steering wheel whilst inevitably shouting "NOOOOSSS". :(:)

CIMG9801.jpg

Its not much use at the moment since the little ct9 only likes holding boost at 1bar plus over 4.5k but on the new turbo set up in the summer it should come in handy. :surrender:

I'm looking forward to the better weather this year so I can get some of the new parts on and finally get the Glanza running and looking the way I've wanted from day 1..... :(

Well its getting close to that time of year when the days get longer woman's clothes start peeling off and those that run different summer wheels can get them back on - like me! :rolleyes:

I've been itching to get my Ray's whels back on since they haven't been on the car for well over a year (due to me being away travelling last summer) and have spent more time off the car than on it since I've owned them.

So today I set about cleaing them up for going back on, as they were looking a little worse for wear;

CIMG9802.jpg

CIMG9804.jpg

I removed the old stickers then attacked them with a bucket of soapy water, some turtlewax wheel cleaner and plenty of elbow grease and they came out quite nicely;

CIMG9805.jpg

CIMG9806.jpg

Then finally added the new stickers aswell as the TPI nuts which will be going on with the wheels;

CIMG9808.jpg

CIMG9810.jpg

So all they need no is some nice new Yoko Parada's and they're ready to roll! :harhar: