Had A Wee Bump Today:(

well i had a crash today in the starlet, was driving to see a mate today with my mrs in the car, thank god we didnt have the baby in the car at the time! i seen an old mate of mines who i havent seen for a while and i turned up the street he went up and as i was following him up the hill i gave a flash of the lights and he sped up through the bollards and when he got through i was a good 20 feet behind him and just as i got past the bollard he for what reason i will never know done a handbrake turn right in front of me so i slammed the brakes on and he was practically facing me and i hit his front drivers side corner. i instantly pulled up the handbrake and made sure my missus was ok and got out and says wtf are u playing at! he says ohh i wasnt thinking there i thought id have got into that space before u got up! :p i still cant believe how stupid he was. all i can think is that for some unknowen reason he was trying to show off or somthing. after a bit of shouting and swearing i had took a walk to the front of the car expecting it to be in bits but its not too bad. the bonnet is bent a little at the front and the headlight adjusters have snapped and my bumper is all scuffed but my oem front splitter has snapped in half and my intercooler core is full of bits of a saxo!

i still cant understand how he could have been so stupid to do a hand brake turn in the middle of a road going up hill!

so we exchanged words and his dad appeared who i know very well and he offered to pay for the damage and i exchanged numbers and things and gave him a call tonight and now hes saying "well its not my fault u crashed into me!" :p so hes denying it now and bieng rather cheeky on the fne so im going to have to take this throught insurance but what if they say its my fault for hitting him? i mean i wasnt speeding or anything but due to the ice i slid into him but surley its his fault!

sorry for going on a bit but im absolutley gutted and had to tell some1

well i had a crash today in the starlet, was driving to see a mate today with my mrs in the car, thank god we didnt have the baby in the car at the time! i seen an old mate of mines who i havent seen for a while and i turned up the street he went up and as i was following him up the hill i gave a flash of the lights and he sped up through the bollards and when he got through i was a good 20 feet behind him and just as i got past the bollard he for what reason i will never know done a handbrake turn right in front of me so i slammed the brakes on and he was practically facing me and i hit his front drivers side corner. i instantly pulled up the handbrake and made sure my missus was ok and got out and says wtf are u playing at! he says ohh i wasnt thinking there i thought id have got into that space before u got up! :p i still cant believe how stupid he was. all i can think is that for some unknowen reason he was trying to show off or somthing. after a bit of shouting and swearing i had took a walk to the front of the car expecting it to be in bits but its not too bad. the bonnet is bent a little at the front and the headlight adjusters have snapped and my bumper is all scuffed but my oem front splitter has snapped in half and my intercooler core is full of bits of a saxo! and the crossmember has a little kink in it.

i still cant understand how he could have been so stupid to do a hand brake turn in the middle of a road going up hill!

so we exchanged words and his dad appeared who i know very well and he offered to pay for the damage and i exchanged numbers and things and gave him a call tonight and now hes saying "well its not my fault u crashed into me!" :p so hes denying it now and bieng rather cheeky on the fne so im going to have to take this throught insurance but what if they say its my fault for hitting him? i mean i wasnt speeding or anything but due to the ice i slid into him but surley its his fault!

sorry for going on a bit but im absolutley gutted and had to tell some1

ouch, did he have any witnesses in the car>?

you have a witness so it stands you in good steed the now. you could get him done for carless driving by the police too.

what a pleb

i know i cant even begin to understand what was going through his head. soon as i seen the backend twitching i nwas on the brakes then all of a sudden he was coming towards me facing me then bang! i cant even bear to think what could have happened if my 10 month old son was in the car! even tho it was such a small bump the force could have snapped his neck!

yeah enzo my missus

id say keep the police in the background, he drove carlessly/dangerously

and you have a witness.

eather that or you could do the whole find out where he stays and give him greif aproach ?

got any pics of the damage,

your luck is speradic like mine man

damn thats rather shit!

Do you think telling the truth to the insurance people is gonna work? He done a handbrake turn at the brow of a hill and i slid into him :S

exactly! it sounds so stupid it could be made up!

been pissed off all day!

id say keep the police in the background, he drove carlessly/dangerously

and you have a witness.

eather that or you could do the whole find out where he stays and give him greif aproach ?

got any pics of the damage,

your luck is speradic like mine man

he was a mate of mine and i wouldnt bring police into it. mine and his families are very close and i wouldt go to his door to hassle him. it will need sorted out but i dont want to go through insurance incase they blame me for not bieng able to stop in time!

ther isnt much point taking pics of the damage its very minor apart from the 96 oem splitter snapped in half.

who needs enemies when i have m8s like that eh?

dangerous driving. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

i'd get it reported to the local station for information purposes, statements from both u and the mrs dude.

handbrake turns on public roads constitute dangerous driving, simple. he aint james Bond, so he has no excuse for driving like that on a public highway.

Phil.

what if the insurance company say i should have braked in time. it sounds silly but that could happen!

in my opinion they probabrly call it your fault as you were not at a sufficent stopping distance,but if he was on your side of the road when you hit the front of his car then its his fault id imagine,although it depends how far round his car was i guess.its a hard one because you could end up paying out :),surprised his car isnt wrote off :o

If you have any witnesses then yea you should come out on top

but thats just stupidity and rather pointless,i wont comment on saxo drivers... mainly because i still am one :p

i know it was dangerous driving, and he does also. HE is just thinking of himself and tryinmg to think of a way out of it. When talking to him on the fne he says ill pay and fix mines and you pay and fix urs! haha then even cheekier says it was my fault for not bieng able to stop in time and also he cant afford it but i earn more money than he does so he thinks it would be ok for me to pay to have it fixed. by the way his 1.1 saxo needs a new FRONT! bumper (i was behind him lol) and thers a scratch on the wing.

i just cant understand what must have been going through his head

....his back end suddenly spun around resulting in yourself crashing into him.

It happened yesterday to an X5 that was infront of us i was in my mates N/A Starlet (Diesel) but the X5 managed to re gain control. something like that i think will work, then a statement from your mrs too?

What do you think?

as said already lucks not been on your side recently. i think you should try speak to the guys dad again. seems more sensible than the lad. im damn sure if one of my mates done that he would be gettin made to pay for it. as for insurance. the companys are usualy full of crap and like you say they will probably say something along the lines of you should have been able to stop in time and even with the ice you should have kept your distance. i hate how companies like insurance companies have a little book they allways follow even in circumstances like these.

i did keep my distance tho that the thing but as i got into a skid on ice he was sliding back down the hill towards me!

luck hasnt been on my side recently and the car seems to be at the centre of everything thats going wrong lol maybe its time for me to move on to somthing a bit safer than a starlet anyway

I don't think you got a lot to go on. The general rule is if you hit somone it's your fault for being too close or driving too fast. If he did the exact same thing a but was avoiding an accident you still would have hit him.

thats what I've been thinking but i think id have stopped if he didnt come back down towards me. at the end of the day he was driving like a prick for god knows what reason and my cars taken the brunt of his stupidity.

its all done now and theres nothing i can do about it until either he fixes it or his insurance company does. sure i could pay him a visit and and keep myself happy but that wouldnt fix the damage would it.

it could have been worse my son could have been in the car so im thankfull for that.

yeh thats when i would expect the insurance person to say well if it was icy you should be further away or some pish.

how about you dont move on and ALSO buy a safer car lol so many threads of folk breaking and selling there cars and im just not gonna sit back and watch :)

my mate was gonna buy one of them because he had saved up like 10k and was like time for a new car then he bought a lexus is220 that had about a million miles on it with a rusty roof for 1600 lol. is basically the same car tho eh ? with a is it a yamaha tuned engine ?