1999 Starlet Sr Na Build

ok finaly had time to upload some pics.

this is the na starlet sr i have at the moment. got it for what i thought was a steal.

saying that though there is a bash in the rear three quater that needs fixed and i need a new wing,

but it came with some very comfy trd springs and an after market exhaust and filter.

but apart from the dents, its solid and ive racked up 4000 miles in her already.

il try and keep with the updates but its a giggle to drive.

so when it arrived

P1070922.jpg

so my first port of call was reducing the rolling radius of the wheels to lower the gearing a bit. anything that will increase acceleration

going from 195-45-15 with the standard safaris

down to 14 rs8's which i got free. stock four new tyres on with some tyre stretch 155-55-14s. this had the lowest calculated sidewall of any size.

and ive knocked over an inch off the rolling radius.

P1070913.jpg

and how it stands in desperate need of some hubcentric spacers.

P1070927.jpg

what ive noticed with just the rims, ive knocked a clean second off my 70-80 time in fourth going from 6 to 5 seconds. just by fitting these. it also pulls cleanely from 60 up. wheres before it woudl run into a wall at around 70

im not gona play too much with the cosmetics but i have these waiting to be fitted,

im gona match the front one in the same grey as the rear

P1070934.jpg

im gona get it dynoed at some point next week. i have a box of parts waiting to go on and a 5e engine,

im just undecided as weather to tune the revy 4e or just lump in the 5e and tune that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo I'm looking forward to the progress with this! :thumbsup:

About the wheels that's really interesting, I didn't think smaller wheel radius would affect acceleration to that extent! How does it handle with relatively thin tyres? (Compared to 195 for example)

Was this the SR that was on pistonheads for £350 a month or two ago?

Such a bargin and it looks in good condition for the price even with the dents! :D

Think it was for sale on here aswell if it's the same one I'm thinking of :thumbsup:

carnt see the pictures very well on my phone, but yeah your right a BARGAIN! :D

Dale.

awwwww not another remx front bumper im not 1 of a kind any more :D lol

Theres at least another 3 on here anyway :thumbsup:

I rekon you get some Meisters on there, space the wheels and sit it right on its arse :D

Awesome Geo been waiting for this thread to pop up! You defiantly have to tune the 4E as its something i would be interested in. if you started replicating performance parts and 5Es been done :(

Ill be following this!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Best to go for 4E-FE most if not all N/A owners have this and imo its about time someone threw some power figures out on what can be done with it.

• 2 months later...