I see you yesterday in tescos. As i spotted the grids.

apparently there was a massive crash and a fight at the roundabout there but i went home by then!

What colour glanza/Gt was you in mate ?? As i spotted a White Glanza with white wheels, A silver glanza that looked pretty standard, a White GT and also a Blue GT haha,

And yes i drove up as was going to park on the roundabouts to see if any drifting was going on, and a new shape Mini had gone into a Subaru haha I left after that as had some random happenings with my clutch

Looked awesome buddy, and really really clean.

Have you had some sort of fast road set-up with the Coilovers, as it looks like you've got a bit of camber going off on the front wheels? :)

Cheers mate,

And i've just put a tiny bit of negative camber on for Looks really :) didn't think it was really noticeable on the picture's to be honest :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i've been thinking this morning!

I've gone abit of the idea of Mega Power, and I'm considering making it more an Averagely quick one (Around 160-170bhp) and focusing more on the way the Car handle's and Looks

I've been driving it for a Week now and i personally think it is more then powerful enough for a FWD car and also for how i drive it,

Next things i am going to do to the Car is

Fit my BOV

Get the rear windows tinted

Get a different steering wheel (momo)

Sort the engine bay out im thinking about getting the rocker cover powered coated the same colour as my wheels and go for a Polished engine bay with Blue hoses

And get some Strut braces

And then go from there really doing little bits if and when i feel like it,

I'm also getting my old man to ask the Body shop were he got his car Resprayed, How much it would cost to get the car resprayed in Midnight Purple LP2 which is the colour my old man's car used to be...

50.jpg

Or just get the whole car resprayed in it's original colour as i do quite like it, When it was in the sun yesterday it really looks like it has a tint of gold/bronze in it dunno if it is just me but you can see in this picture what i mean...

20022010173.jpg

Anyway I'm going to have a long long think about what i want to aim for with this car, but im pretty sure it will be to master the way the car handles :)

Well you have made a good start with the coilovers so I would go for handling :)

Sounds like you would be happy with a stage 1 GT, which is pretty much what mine was. It was fucking awsome to be honest.

Get it running 180hp some decent handling mods and LSD and you will be laughing :)

You dads Liner looked freaking mint too!!!

Well you have made a good start with the coilovers so I would go for handling :lol:

Sounds like you would be happy with a stage 1 GT, which is pretty much what mine was. It was fucking awsome to be honest.

Get it running 180hp some decent handling mods and LSD and you will be laughing :)

You dads Liner looked freaking mint too!!!

Yes i would like it around 170bhp then i wouldn't need to go forged, LSD is something i do want to get at some point!

And cheer's :D

Just got a quote of roughly £700-£800 for a respray as i decided to stick with the same colour! Just so it doesn't look stupid having black on inside of doors if i got it done in Purple :D Good that my dad knows him as he said privately he would charge around £2000 so will definiatly be getting it done it a few weeks so it will be in mint condition body/chassis wise, and then going to get engine out and clean and spray it so it will be in near concours condition which i think alone would make it good at Show's

To be fair I think yours looks pretty mint as it is!!

Good to see you taking a different approach though :lol:

Mine is full of dings and dents and stonechips but will be sporting a "All Go, No Show" sticker :) lol

Haha if i kept with my original plan's of just Power power power for the track i would just leave it how it is, But as i've changed my mind i think im going to go for the mint approach, I think it will help if i ever come round to selling it on also

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted my BOV This afternoon, And also start doing little bits to the Engine bay, Just got Blue Vacuum Hose at the minute, Going to get the Rocker Cover of and Polish it next week ;)

I'll get some picture's,

Also... My Meister R Coily's may just be up for sale, I'm having a think about it but as i've gone off the idea of Major Power, And alot of Track time, I'm considering selling the Coilovers and just going for springs ^_^

Cheer's mate,

And I'll see what happens mate, Just seeing what interest i get at the moment, It's just finding the Time to get them Adjusted up right so my car doesn't scrub, When/If i eventually get it done i may have a Change of mind, It just scrubs out at the moment when i hit big bumps

I have developed a Love for the Greddy Type-s :) Sounds sweet, Got the spring up pretty hard, If i have it on High boost it Just does your normal Pssss, If i have it on low boost you can just hear Chatter, I'm surprised how loud the chatter is considering i have no induction kit, I'm still running the Standard Air Box haha

I just need to get a Proper piece of Hose for it, As at the moment it's abit of a Bodge ;) But it all works fine so isn't to bad ;)

I'll go get some pictures....

Sweet mate now get some pic's lol ;)

P,s if its Chattering all the time then you need to slacken the spring load on the bov abit cause its not realising the pressure properly and sending the vauum back into the combustion chamber :)

Picture's of the Engine bay, Just a little bit of hose has made it looks alot better already i think, Just need to get the Inter cooler Hoses and Rad Hoses

13032010235.jpg

13032010230.jpg

My Bodge... Going to get a Proper Pipe made up for it this week lol

13032010231.jpg

Also going to get the Rocker cover of and Polish it up this week or next, As it's going all Powdery for some reason

13032010233.jpg

Has anyone Removed one of the Near Side lights as a Cold Air feed before ?? Thinking of maybe doing it when i get an induction kit

Sweet mate now get some pic's lol ;)

P,s if its Chattering all the time then you need to slacken the spring load on the bov abit cause its not realising the pressure properly and sending the vauum back into the combustion chamber :)

But the chatter sound come's from the Turbo Blade's chopping through the Air were it's not Escaping through the BOV ??

Type S FTW mate!!

Get a FMIC like a HDI so the BOV goes on the cold pipe and reloactae your filter and it will sound 10 times better B)

But obviously your having a tough time at home, hope everything gets better for you bud, would be a shame to sell/break your GT seeing as you have only just got one after all this time of looking/wanting one :)

PS this is the only Black quad I like :)

Type S FTW mate!!

Get a FMIC like a HDI so the BOV goes on the cold pipe and reloactae your filter and it will sound 10 times better :)

But obviously your having a tough time at home, hope everything gets better for you bud, would be a shame to sell/break your GT seeing as you have only just got one after all this time of looking/wanting one :)

PS this is the only Black quad I like B)

It sounds awesome already but am going to try and get a Front Mount at some point, Hopefully! Want to get the Respray done next though but going to have to put it on hold for a while

And cheer's mate, I'm hoping it all sorts out so that i won't need to, My old man has actually made spoke to my mum and there was no argument so suppose that's a start

And Cheer's mate! lol

Right Few things i did this evening as i get abit of time in the sunshine now after work...

(Sorry that all the picture's are rubbish it was dark when i took them Only get 40minutes of daylight haha)

First Jacked car up to see why my Exhaust is blowing.. Was doing it ever since i went to the Starlet owners meet, I did set my coilys up properly and it was Very low haha and hit a massive bump coming out of the Dockside outlet up Rochester... It's just bent my Exhaust clamp... No biggie :) will get it sorted soon

17032010259.jpg

Then i gave it a Quick clean whilst i had the car jacked up, was laying underneath it scrubbing away getting soaked! But was well worth it car basically went from this all underneath...

17032010260.jpg

To this...

17032010263.jpg

Not bad considering it's 16 years old :) ....

BUT!

When i went to jet wash, I always spray under the Arches... I cannot get the Jet under the wheel arch now completely so run it across to off the wheel... I kind of slipped and caught the paint on the Plastic arch :bang:

17032010265.jpg

Not to fussed though as getting the respray anyway but still :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished setting my coilovers properly... At last so no more scrubbing :D

Also fitted my sub/amp and My Head unit aswel!

Will get some pictures at some-point over the weekend, Glad the Boot is deep enough to have the sub sideways so the boot doesn't rattle so bad :D

No i understand what you mean but i love music lol, It doesn't mean i drive round going boom boom boom boom down the high street lol!

I just like a nice little bit of background bass

Today i was stuck between Waxoyling the underneath of the car or building a floor for the boot, I decided against Waxoyling as will do it in summer when its really hot so...

This afternoon i also decided to make a Floor for the boot and take the rear seats out, I've only got the wood all cut into shape at the moment still needs carpeting and securing down but I'm quite pleased with it :o

03042010289.jpg

03042010288.jpg

03042010292.jpg

03042010293.jpg

03042010294.jpg

More pictures to follow once it's carpeted...