• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate, Hopefully lol

Been driving this for a few day's now and it is the first car i have ever driven were i don't find myself needing to go abit quick to enjoy it,

I keep driving through the woods at night just listening to the little rumble and pops from the exhaust through the tree's as i down shift, and give it a little bit on the straights, But i haven't found myself breaking a speed limit yet :D I don't feel as if i need to as i've never driven a car that is so low on the road it feels like im going alot quicker then i am,

I'm glad i stuck with getting a starlet and didn't go for a Civic, And im so glad i found a Starlet that is in such good condition

Really are amazing little car's!! Definitely a keeper i think :D

The only fault i have found with it, is that the Seats don't really go back far enough but that is the only problem and a little one to be honest, Really are top car's !!

Cheers mate, Hopefully lol

Been driving this for a few day's now and it is the first car i have ever driven were i don't find myself needing to go abit quick to enjoy it,

I keep driving through the woods at night just listening to the little rumble and pops from the exhaust through the tree's as i down shift, and give it a little bit on the straights, But i haven't found myself breaking a speed limit yet :D I don't feel as if i need to as i've never driven a car that is so low on the road it feels like im going alot quicker then i am,

I'm glad i stuck with getting a starlet and didn't go for a Civic, And im so glad i found a Starlet that is in such good condition

Really are amazing little car's!! Definitely a keeper i think :D

The only fault i have found with it, is that the Seats don't really go back far enough but that is the only problem and a little one to be honest, Really are top car's !!

Mine gt seats went straight back and touched the rear seats. i mean i use to joke about it with friends as youll put pressure on the seat pull the handle and WHOOSh your looking at the roof.

Right then :D Coilovers and wheels are fitted, I'm unbelievably chuffed with how it looks, The wheels sit perfectly in the arches :D

Coilover's went on fine with no hitches at all, Had to adjust the tracking though as it was 1" out haha! Got that done and took it up the road, it was scrubbing quite bad so quickly put it back into the garage whipped the front wheels of and adjusted it up about 1.2cm, took it back up the road and it was fine, Going to go to the Medstone meet tonight and see how it drives and adjust it tomorrow :D

Sorry about the rubbish picture's but its the best i could do as was in a proper rush haha,

I'll get some decent pictures up tomorrow :D Let me know what you think Please ;)

19022010165.jpg

19022010161.jpg

As i said i will get some picture's uploaded tomorrow of the whole car so you can see it better ;) And once again i apologize for the shocking picture's haha :D

Pic's look mint mate..Its starting to look fresh as if its has had a shave lol.

Im sure there was a front lip for sale for one of these the other day on ebay :) it would finish the front end off make it look abit lower :)

orr bummer i've just had a look and its for the MK1 GT. Im not sure if it will go on your GT?

Link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-STARLET-GT-TU...=item35a6d86e54

Pic's look mint mate..Its starting to look fresh as if its has had a shave lol.

Im sure there was a front lip for sale for one of these the other day on ebay :) it would finish the front end off make it look abit lower :)

orr bummer i've just had a look and its for the MK1 GT. Im not sure if it will go on your GT?

Link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-STARLET-GT-TU...=item35a6d86e54

haha Cheers mate :p

I am going to be looking for a Front lip but going to get the Skirts and passenger side door panel resprayed first :)

Need to slow down on the spending to be honest, And i've realized how shocking my brakes are i think the Servo may be on its way out, Sometime my foot is pressed as hard down on the brake as possible and it doesn't really slow down lol!!

Think im going to get a 4 Pot brake kit all round at some point

nice car, just a quick question is that the standard steering wheel on the car, it looks like it should be on a n/a?? thought the stering wheel would be a bit better looking?

I'm not sure about the steering wheel everyone seems to have a little giggle about it haha I think some stupid jap may have put it on there thinking its really cool, Bit like the Rear parcel shelf speakers he/she put in haha

And thanks everyone, I've got one problem though! I don't know what else i want to do to it, I'm so happy with the way it looks and drive's at the moment I'm quite happy to leave it as it is, I really wanted to go forged and get mega power but i don't even thrash this i thought i would but i've never turned it onto High boost not even to see what difference it make's and it's quick enough for a FWD car as it is i think,

I think I'm just going to get the rear windows tinted slightly and Either get the little paint issue's sorted or get a Full respray in Midnight purple II,

By the way everyone Meister Coilovers are fucking awesome!! I've got them all sorted now for how i want them and honestly they are great!! I've got them all on softest setting at the moment and it just feels like i've got lowering springs Compared to coilys i've had in other car's or what my mate's cars are like, I can drive it exactly how i could before i put them on and not have to worry about bumps! But even with it on softest setting there is still almost zero body roll Definitely a must buy for anyone looking to get some coilovers!

Also i went Thurrock tonight for the weekly cruise they have down there, and kept smelling something abit funny, Kept stopping and i couldn't smell it again started getting really paranoid haha, Pull over again and left it running, opened the bonnet and have a little smell and it smelt like it does when you ride on the clutch, Also noticed i was pushing the clutch flat to the floor and it was still grinding going into reverse, But every other gear the biting point is half way up the clutch travel! I really don't get it

Cannot phone the garage up were i got it from yet as im not sure what is exactly the matter with it, Also when i let it cool down it sorts itself out, But im not thrashing it at all :)

Think i may just whip the gearbox of tomorrow and see what the clutch is actually like as i've got nothing to do tomorrow