I've changed my mind on putting the floor in the car,

I'm just going to keep the seats in so If anybody wants these 2 bits of wood pre-cut for an EP82 then I'll be selling them for £15 pick up only

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another little boring update nothing major as saving for my respray which is the next big thing :)

Just started waxoyling my car, Done all the front behind the Front Bumper and behind the back lights, Behind rear bumper, inside the boot, Engine bay, Battery shelf,

Still got loads to do all the underneath, Suspension, Arches, Sills ect..

Took me 2 & a 1/2 hours to do what i've done so far given it 3 coats,

Lumpy custard

10042010301-1.jpg

10042010300.jpg

Just applying it

10042010302-1.jpg

Dry after 3 coats

10042010303-1.jpg

Behind the lights

10042010305.jpg

I'll keep the boring update picture's coming when i do abit more

• 2 weeks later...

Got car back today from getting one of the Arches that i caught with the jetwash and the passenger side door panel resprayed for this show I'm off to on Monday, Hopefully should get whole car done in about 1month now as keep changing my mind whether i actually want to or not! :(

29042010347.jpg

Need to put GT TURBO Sticker back on though, What is best to use ?? Really thin double sided tape ?

29042010348.jpg

So the car looks reasonable now still quite a few marks though but they don't stick out like those marks did and it only cost me £60 to get done so thought it was worth it!

Also Purchased a Towing Strap the other day! Not sure if I'm actually going to put it on or not ??

29042010345.jpg

29042010346.jpg

I've changed my mind on putting the floor in the car,

I'm just going to keep the seats in so If anybody wants these 2 bits of wood pre-cut for an EP82 then I'll be selling them for £15 pick up only

no offence but phew! I did something like that in my 1.2 corsa back in the day " oh the shame "

gota concentrate on keepin the weight down eat salads etc ;)

looks rele sweet anyway mate keep up the good work.

Haha it would have looked ok i reckon once it was all carpeted, It was only the noise i couldn't stand i've tried stripping it out and it last 2hours and i got fed up lol

And cheers bud ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time for an Update

Right kicked my ass into gear and finally got my CV Joint Replaced, Had to use a Hydraulic press in the end it's amazing that Splines can hold of 10tonne of Pressure :) as it took 10tonne to release it from the hub, Replaced the Gear Oil aswel as i took drive shaft out most pissed out anyway, So now that's done it drives 10 times better, not having all the knocking

Also just taken my Cam Cover of to spray it, No exciting colour just Aluminium Silver as trieing to get the car to look more Standard and Ultra Clean, Also going to do the Fuel Rail and Inlet manifold at some point but that's when ive got more time...

What it was like, Really Yucky

04082009510.jpg

How it looks now

04082009523.jpg

04082009516.jpg

04082009518.jpg

04082009520.jpg

04082009521.jpg

Going to take it down work tomorrow and get my mate to do the lines and Toyota in Black for me as he's better with stuff like that...

Also Spraying the Intercooler mount

04082009525.jpg

Also my Boss has a Toyota Previa (Import) Was talking to him about Japanese car's having Flares in them and he said he's got one and he gave it to me :) Obviously it says Toyota on it aswel coming out of a Previa so another little JDM Goody :D and didn't cost me anything

04082009509.jpg

I want a flare :o lucky man.

That rocker cover looks neat too. by the way, the reason it was going powdery is because its aluminiumoxide. Its a protective coating thats caused by the oxygen in the air reacting with the aluminium. Dont worry.. its not bad... it just looks wank. Notice your gearbox and block will be doing the same thing.

Mitch

Right had abit of trouble with the Original Paint Coat, As the Cam Cover is Alluminium it was reacting with the VHT and making it turn to powder so it was just falling of, So rubbed the whole thing down again....

Found some Hammerite special metal primer down work that my boss used to do his roll cage with, Put a coat of it on the Cam Cover have just gone out and keyed it up and put first coat of VHT on it again and will have to wait and see what happens, Unfortunately its not High Temperature primer don't think they make it ?? But i know hammerite is tough as nails and people have painted there blocks and Heads with it so should be ok considering Cam cover doesn't get to hot...

The Paint that should Prevent further problems

05082009544.jpg

05082009543.jpg

First coat after the Primer

05082009545.jpg

05082009546.jpg

You can tell it hasn't gone all grainy as it did without the Primer.. But it hasn't got quite as good of a finish as it did without the primer :o

How it is at the moment is the best its going to get so decided to put it on the car and see how it goes, Already run it up hot twice and seems to be ok, Still get silver dust on your finger when you wipe it though, May be ok once gone through a few cycles of heating up and cooling down will keep an eye on it

But if it keeps doing that im going to just polish it instead :o

Didn't do the Lines and Toyota in black in the end as got fed up with the paint messing around so just put it on Silver

Doesn't look to bad i suppose

Old

13032010235.jpg

New

05082009552.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just cannot sell this car that easily, Keep pondering the idea but when i see the car sat somewhere i just cannot help but think how Hardcore they look compared to Glanza's, Even though i prefer the Glanza looks you see EP91's everywhere..

So to keep me Enthused i've decided to treat her to something new...

Before i skint myself paying my loan for my previous car of in whole in a couple of weeks time!!

It's a Japspeed exhaust system By the way... Really wanted a Blitz Nur Spec but they are expensive and I'm a very tight person if im honest :p

Hopefully it will be here soon not sure how long they take to arrive..

Then I'm going to Look at getting a Front Mount for it, Was going to be buying one weekend just gone.. But person selling doesn't seem so keen to me so will just wait and get a New one at some point.

watch the rear axle when fitting that exhaust system its a nightmare as the back box pipe bangs off the the back axle! i put exhaust patch on the axle kinda helped.

Ahh Fuck sake!

If it does it will be going back..

Ahh Fuck sake!

If it does it will be going back..

mate 100% it will i am afraid i had the GT quadlight and the exact exhaust system. there was a thread about it some where..... it causes vibration in the cabin and hits the axle BUT it system it self sounds good and quality wise is good.