So, picked this up on 15th Jan.

Its a Mk2 1.8 140bhp model :harhar:

Needed a little bit of work, slight corrossion on the rear sills, mark on the front bumper.

Sent it into the bodyshop to have those done and have had it back.

Had the front plate holder taken off and the bumper smoothed behind while it was there ;)

Picked up an LSD for it last night, and I've gotta go pick my coilovers up later on too ;)

Here's the pics I have of it atm:

The old car and the new car

2cars.jpg

front.jpg

Dw, I've re-drilled the plate so it sits straight ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't drift it, use it like it was supposed to be used. B-Road weapons!!! :p

... or both :p drift round B roads :lol: haha.

only joking, driven a few and they are nice little motors... little girly for me, but with styling and deep rims it would look awesome!!

Yus, genuine Rays Volk GR-N's :lol:

Lips need sanding and polishing and I'll be painting the centres gunmetal grey when I take them off to do it :p

I have a Limited Slip Diff waiting to go on.

And a set of BC Racing Coilovers to go on too, just gotta wait for a dry day :p

Coilovers fitted, I'm just playing with the ride height to get it to sit right now.

New tyres going on tomorrow, and the diff will be going on in a few weekends time when its drier and warmer lol

Will get pics up once its slammed properly, got about another half inch to take it down on the fronts and an inch on the back before it sits just right :)

• 2 weeks later...

You're right Lew :)

So coilovers are on, new tyres are on. Took it to be set up at a place in Bridgend called Avia Autos, they know a lot when it comes to mx5's and the guy is properly clued up on setting cars up, he's done a fantastic job ;)

Its not the lowest, but when I space the wheels out, the stance will be spot on!

Heres a quick pic of me driving over the black mountain last weekend

stevo_mx5_1_hires.jpg

Next is to fit the LSD and the BMC DIA I have sat in the garage!

Then I want to de-tango the front head lights and possibly paint the inners either black or gunmetal grey, fit clear side repeaters and reflectors (with the orange bulbs fed off sidelights), and to wait for the exhaust to arrive from a group buy thats on MX5Nutz.com ;)

Na mate, reduces the suspension travel and it handles crappy, way too uncomfortable. I took it up there with the back slammed and it was just on the bumpstops, down another inch and i'd be back where I started.

When I space the wheels out, it'll look much better :)

• 1 month later...

Soooooooooo

The LSD I bought turned out to be a 1.6 diff, so I've sold that and bought a proper TorSen LSD from a 1.8 which is now fitted :)

Exhaust arrived, me and Sparky went on a road trip to Bristol to get it and its now fitted.

Picked up a set of OEM sport skirts and OEM sport lip, dont see many MK2's around with these on, but it sets it off pretty well!

Got a ducktail spoiler coming, and I'm still trying to sort out a passenger side mudguard as I've got the drivers one already but they're a nightmare to get hold of!

Anyway....

Heres some quick pics, I didnt expect to be going out to take some just a spur of the moment thing or I would've taken the front plate off.

You can see the exhaust in a few pics too :(

mx5_5.jpg

5860c8b8-4d34-4c11-9a5b-c91522e61b7.jpg

mx5_3.jpg

mx5_2.jpg

mx5_1.jpg

I think it looks a load better with them fitted than before :D

Roll on the spoiler!

Best choice I made was buying this, as harsh as it sounds, from the moment I put my foot down in it for the first time I've never missed driving the Paseo. The '5 is much superior in the handling and power departments, plus its just an epic car in total lol