• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Think that man has it :thumbsup:

I have been thinking about selling my Lexus now for a while and getting a MK1 as thats the only model i like, however you have seriously changed my mind now on the MK2. That is probably the nicest MK2 i have seen, just looks so slick!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work dude, this car is mint!!!!!!! :o

Jason

Indeed, I painted the inner head light trim between the lense and the reflector, looks much better :thumbsup:

Cheers Jason, Its hopefully gonna carry on to be quite as good, exterior is almost done, turning to the interior next :o

IIRC the Mk2.5 rear bumpers are the same? If so, get a set of optional spats, they set the rear end off lovely with the small lip spoiler B)

Front end looks great, shame the rear is letting the side view down at the moment.. look forward to seeing it complete exterior wise B)

Mate, I was wondering what the fuck you were doing in Burnley when I saw your car in my rear view mirror the other day. Looked EXACTLY like yours, lip kit, same colour, convertable, everything, (apart from the wheels and egged headlights). The guy even had the same hair as you.

• 2 months later...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I havent updated this in a while. I havent used the site much recently, for some reason it kept logging me out everytime I left the site or refreshed on the main page, so I got fed up of logging in every 5 mins, but it seems to have sorted itself out now :(

Got hold of a set of the MK2.5 rear spats, so I painted those up and fitted them

mx5_10.jpg

Then just before Japfest, I picked up a Carbing style front towing eye and a Richbrook Sabre aerial to get rid of the pole that was originally there

27ffbc60-3f12-43bf-8024-e3b29cba7d9.jpg

10bac6df-6166-4f7d-baf5-81975b8d878.jpg

Photo163.jpg

My ducktail finally turned up, so I put it on quickly for Japfest, but it needed a little fettling, so I did that and put it back on, looked a bit like this

39864588-57f7-45db-979f-e84ede0fe18.jpg

5cd1b84f-ae4d-4bda-bf10-02a8011fb43.jpg

5ddbb72d-c9e4-42c9-a485-e5365865469.jpg

mx5_23.jpg

However, I came out of the house one night to find a cat sat on my boot lid, the thing ran when I came near the car and left claw marks on the boot lid, so it was nicely scratched, tried to polish it out, but wouldnt completely get rid of them. So its back off atm and I'm tidying up a few edges and filling a gap that I over trimmed in the side when fitting it, then it'll all be going off to be painted as one and refitted.

So last week, I went to visit a mate of mine who also had a mk2. He had it in part ex for his PS13 and was giving it to his other half so was taking all the mods off it as she didnt want to drive a modded one lol. So I swapped him my standard intake and standard suspension for an uprated intake, complete with stainless piping, bright green silicone joiners, ram air filter and cold air feed. He didnt know what it was at the time, but after looking at pics, I have a suspicion its the Pipercross kit for the MX5. No pics of that atm.

And so onto the latest.

I turned 21 last month, got a nice bit of money through for it. So I treated myself to some new cleaning products, a set of Sparco Sprint 5 bucket seats and a set of TRS 4 Point Clubman Pro Harnesses.

Photo234.jpg

Photo235.jpg

And a shot of it after a 3 hour exterior cleaning session.

Photo231.jpg

I plan on refurbing the wheels before JAE, thats the next project after I sort the bootlid and spoiler out :thumbsup:

I'll try and keep the updates more regular :)

Cheers guys

Bought myself a centre console/arm rest from a face lift model today, the hinge on my cubby hole broke and the ones on the face lift have a smaller cubby, but 2 extra sections as cup holders, whereas mine doesnt. Plus the facelift one looks nicer haha. So that'll be in as soon as it gets here.

Got the day off tomorrow as well so gonna spend some time on the spoiler/bootlid and hopefully get it sorted, then I can send it off to a mate to have it painted :lol:

• 2 months later...

Soooooooooo, lets fill this with some updates

Spoiler and boot lid back from paint, very happy with the outcome

Photo271.jpg

Following that, I had a crack at refurbing the wheels, took me a few days as I was doing it around other things, but I got there. They're not perfect, there was a lot of corrosion on the lips, but I may well have another crack at polishing the lips once the winter is over :)

Heres one:

Photo265.jpg

And on the car:

Photo277.jpg

Photo274.jpg

Photo275.jpg

Not much gone on with the car over the past few months, just a few little maintenance bits really and a shit load of cleaning! I fitted a fly off handbrake last week, but have no pictures of that at the moment.

It's going in to have a Mohair roof on Wednesday as my early christmas present from my parents :)

Been saving money for other things, but once Christmas is over, I plan on getting the interior flocked, and possibly looking a set of arches with wide wheels for it, if I cant get a set of arches for it, then I'm thinking of getting the standard arches rolled and spacing my wheels so I've got some good fitment going on B) or maybe a new set of wheels, wide ones with a low offset. Then I'll be saving for power :p

Cheers buddy :)

Glanza_Cl - I agree with you there, however, I dont wanna go spending out £100+ on hubcentric spacers if I do indeed end up changing the wheels within the next 12 months :) if I end up keeping them, I'll have another go at polishing the lips and they'll be spaced out flush as I mentioned before :p

• 9 months later...

I completely forgot about this thread lol

The car pretty much looks the same as it did in my previous updates, bar a few small additions.

Fitted a drift button on the handbrake and some grip tape.

New roof fitted as standard vinyl one was giving up the ghost and cracking.

Side markers in front and rear bumper now have bulb holders, so they light up amber when the side lights come on.

mx5side.jpg

Cat converter slowly died following a coil pack failure and lots flames and fuel going through my exhaust, this got changed for a 200 cell sports cat, it now revs up a lot more freely, sounds better, and pops and bangs lots too! :(

Fitted new front components and an amp for them, definately makes the top down system up situation better :o

Got a chassis rail reinforcement kit sitting in my garage waiting to go on, when I finally get round to doing it!

Other than that, just been maintenance stuff, changed the handbrake cables and brake pads all round for some fast road/track ones, which are awesome :D

I've got hold of a set of 4 pots from an S14 than I intend to attempt to make fit to the front end along with with rears from the sport model, that'll be an ongoing project.

Future plans will be:

Flocking the interior

Nardi or Sparco dished steering wheel with snap off boss

Body shop visit to have rear arches replaced as the dreaded tin worm has appeared :D only one or two bubbles each side atm, but waiting for winter to be out the way and then I'll be getting it done.

Fit my brake conversion when I finish it.

Front and rear strut brace, and maybe some under body bracing too, if I decide I wont destroy it with the car being so low lol.

Then power (main plan is an MP62 Supercharger and a minimum of 200bhp atw!)

Untill then, I will enjoy driving it and keeping it clean :p

Here's some new pics as she stands now :(

Some pics are from a pro photoshoot I had done the end of last year to promote a friends photography business and for the MX5Nutz calender.

( www.ignition-images.co.uk )

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0032copy.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

(We got stuck at one point getting on and off these ramps, there was a big white line on the floor where my exhaust ran along it for a few feet lol)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg