Steve From Toyota Performance Magazine

Hi All,

Thought I'd post up a little intro, but I won't go into too much detail yet as I've contacted your club admin and waiting for a response, and getting in trouble for what could be seen as spamming won't be a good start! I'd also like to point out that we are not another owners club we are an actual printed magazine.

Who are we? We're a new printed magazine solely dedicated to Performance Toyotas past, present and future, TOYOTA PERFORMANCE MAGAZINE, and we're launching very soon. I'm the editor Steve Bishop, and although I'm not a Starlet owner I do have a soft spot for them, and I do have 3 Toyota MR2s, and the rest of my team are all Toyota owners, you can read a bit more about myself and the team over on our website.

From browsing around here on the uksc, I'm hoping we are going to be featuring a few Starlets in the near future, and I look forward to seeing some posted on our website, as we're currently being overun by Celicas (lol) you're all very welcome to post photos and potential feature requests. We'll also be at all of the major Jap Shows, Japfest and JAE and look forward to meeting you guys.

Hopefully I'll be back with permission in due course to let you know more about Toyota Performance Magazine, but in the meantime you can find out more, and post up your photos at:

http://www.toyotaperformancemagazine.com or

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toyota-Perfo...41155819?ref=ts

(admin please feel free to delete url links if need be)

Nice to have you on board mate. We have a friendly and laid back community here, unlike other Starlet clubs you may come across. :lol: So there's no need to worry about any of the links, nobodys going to take it in the wrong way!

I'll check your website out now. :lol:

hey, welcome, no problem there are no real rules on this site apart from with the classifieds section

feel free to plug away you have a subscriber here already if the content is decent.

i did recieve your pm but ive not had a chance to reply. good luck with the mag, we need more exposure. a lot is happening this year.

hi and welcome site looks good at the brief gander i just had its good to see someone taking that leap of faith with the toyotas as recently i aw for the first time a WHSmiths stocking the monthly nissan owners mag so id be interested to follow your progress!!

on a side note if your looking for some content the club is organising a RR day at MONSTER MOTORSPORT later in the year which a few mags are already looking at doing a feature from!!

check HERE for more info

Rob

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! and I'm glad my intro was taken in the right way, as after all we do respect the rules, and want to gain friends!

We've successfully published an all MR2 publication for over three years now, see http://www.mr2only.com and felt it time to branch out into all Toyota Performance models, we're not a massive faceless media chain, we're a relatively small publishing company that own, drive and enjoy, tinker with, track, and show their Toyotas.

ep82_girl has emailed my colleague today, and we'd certainly be interested in the RR day in Notts.

We're looking for Starlets to feature, projects, technical articles, we're very much about the club culture, biggest show for us this year will be JAE, by then we'll be working on our 2nd issue of TPM so a bit of a after launch party will be planned for JAE!

Great to get a few Starlets posted up on our website guys, so please do spare five mins to introduce yourselves and post up some photos, oh, and submit any feature requests!

Thanks again, look forward to meeting you :0)

Guest ep82_girl

hiya steve i did email you back :lol: yeah hunni il def keep you informed on it :lol:

yeah def like i said there are some proper nice projects on here take a look through the rides section :lol:

make sure you come say hi at japfest :D

xxx

ahh nice! i was going to subscribe to the mr2only mag being a mr2 owner myself :lol:.

good to see interest in these little cars as there are some epic projects out there... some lie quite and you don't here much of the progress but others (like on here) there are massive project builds and show the whole progression.

there are some amazing builds on here... any of Enzo's builds, SiCaln, Nanglebadger the list goes on lol

Welcome along :lol:

Just had a little look at the site, doesn't look too bad and im looking forward to the mag :D

Added a few pics of my project, although its not a toyota :lol:

Jason :lol:

welcome along mate

nice to see a new dedicated toyota magazine coming along you should settle in very well here

Nice to have you on board mate. We have a friendly and laid back community here, unlike other Starlet clubs you may come across. :lol:

was there a slight dig in their somewhere :lol:

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys and the encouraging feedback! thanks also for those that have posted their photos on our website, we're looking forward to featuring some of your Starlets, and we're already talking about running our first 'club focus' for the first issue on your club!

Hi folks,

Thought I'd throw my 2p in. I'm Steve's colleague, he's the handsome one, I'm the fatty!

Glad to see you've enjoyed what we've done so far, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully. We're very interested in the RR day in Nottingham, so we'll probably be there to take some photos, ask some people about their cars and do some R&D on your club, which I must say is among the most welcoming and friendly that we've come across.

We'd like someone to volunteer to be a Rep for your club on TPM, to highlight your events, new cars, developments on TPM, etc. Obviously sort it out amongst yourselves and just let me, or Steve know. The lucky person can then add your events to our Events --> 2010 thread, then there's no excuse for us missing anything!

See you around, and thanks again for the welcome.

Johnny

Thanks again for the welcome guys, we're overwhelmed with the feedback and support from the owners clubs so far, we're really looking forward to getting our first issue out!

Great to see so many of you posting an intro and photos of your cars on our website, lots and lots of future potential feature cars for TPM already, please keep them coming

http://www.toyotaperformancemagazine.com