• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate. The bulbs are the same, all you need to do is replace the clear foglight bulb with a red one and get some amber indicator bulbs. The screw holes which wasnt needed was heated and flattened so that the lens could fit on properly. Then I just used a sealent to stick the lens down.

Got a BIG surprise coming everybody, well hopefully if all goes to plan anyway!

(Its not the custom skirts or rear lip YET!!)

But its something which I think will change the car completely and look sweet!!

Heres a pic to keep it rolling though, got a proper race look with bloody steelies on the front. Enkei's tyres are fucked AGAIN :p ;) :p:p What a bastard its only been like a month since we changed the front tyres. Probs because of this weather though, plus we get too much wheelspin. Thinking of changing them from 45's to 50's, but not sure yet as they will probs rub!

DSC01272.jpg

Still need to get pics some better pics of the reflets though...hopefully today!

looking forward to the update and i must say i havent gota clue what to expect :p

tell your bro to stop driving like an idiot and his tyres might last a wee bit longer oh and dont blame it on the weather :p:p ;) :p

Agreed Ian, will either look awesome or shite! But its got to be done to find the results hasnt it!?

If it doesnt look awesome then theres a solution for it ;)

Thats only half the clue yet, theres more to it then just that ;)

Cheers Phil!

As some of you may know, i'm the guy who will finish a job when he starts it. No but's, it's or BULLSHIT!

Well lads - its DONE!!!!!

Heres how it all went: :D

Me and my brother decide whether to do the whole bonnet black, or just in the centre from where the curved grooves are. I suggest we try out the middle section, if rubbish then spray it all!

Firstly get a last snap before the big mod! :D

DSC01282.jpg

Then I get it all masked up, while he sands down the bonnet. This seriously is the first time he helped me mod the car properly!

DSC01284-1.jpg

Then i get a nice few coats of primer, using wet and dry paper on each layer for a smoooth finish, while he goes to the paint shop for the equipment:

DSC01287.jpg

Left that do dry for around an hour and attacked with 2 coats of Satin Black!

DSC01301.jpg

Did the final coats, then just remember about the lacquer business. Shops were closed by now, so the lacquer will be applied tomorrow. Will also get better pics tomorrow, need to wash the rest of the car too!

Well thats the big mod done for now, comments WANTED whether to do the whole bonnet Black or leave it how it is?

DSC01305.jpg

OOPS...Did i say the big mod was done? Ah i must have meant half of it ;) ;) :D

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Always had an undercover plan for the black roof, the thing is i never thought i would do it myself!!!

Hopefully i will do a Grey pinstripe between the Black and White to give it that edge! Also going to spray the bumper black around the mesh, so it all fits in nicely with the bonnet's Black

Also, thinking of doing the top of the bootlid and spoiler Black in line with roof...but still deciding..

i thought you were only going to do the bonnet black lol. Doesnt look to bad at all, will look even better once lacquered and the area around the front is painted. i think doing the full bonnet would be too much now seeing as you have done the roof aswel. It looks nice like that, maybe do the spoiler to finish it off ;)

Thanks for comments! I think i'll leave the bonnet like that then, just get it lacquered now...and spray the top of the spoiler and bootlid tomorrow maybe.

Probs will leave the mirrors and handles Black now, and might even spray the door strips black..

hhhhmmmm ;)

Not too sure on the bonnet to be honest....maybe look better if it was all black, but maybe itl just grow on me :D

The roof looks wiked and you should do the tailgate and spoiler now.... if you do the tailgate just do the centre like you did with the bonnet ;)

Good job buddy

Thanks ;)

Lacquer is a bastard! Gave it a first coat just now and its a right cunt to use. Leaving it to dry for 30mins then will go and finish it off.

Ill hopefully be doing the spoiler and the top of the bootlid tomorrow. Also plan to do the grille to be in line with the bonnet. Need some ideas for that! ;)