What Condition Is Your Bodywork In?

The reason for this thread is that, if the majority of starlets are considered being in a 'better' condition than mine... i will try my upmost to restore it. If not... il go for the slag/used look and probably strip the interior etc.

So, whats your like? With regards to dents/scuffs/scrapes/UV damage.

Reason being... i think my GT is in a bad state.

Roof is damaged by the sun along with the spoiler.

N/S panel in front of the arch has had a shit re-spray.

Several scuffs on the bumpers from parking etc.

Post pics if you can :o

Also... if you have done repairs to your car or know of them-What was done? how much did it cost?

Cheeeers

Mitch

well for a colour change i would normally charge £1200 but as im doing it on such a lovely car could get that and the wheels done for under 1k will try to get it done for under £900 for you after i have spoken to my partner

mine when i bought it

starlet3.jpg

starlet4.jpg

was in a right state when i picked her up. Dent and rust on rear quarter and rust on sill. Got the rear quarter sprayed and dent taken out, sill treated, rear bumper, side skirts sprayed and repaired for i think it was like £260, which is cheap as a mate recommended me.

Not many people saw my car before the glanza kit but honestly it was a mess. The paint was horrible and got mopped for £70.

Now its pretty mint apart from a lil rust on the bonnet, front bumper could do with respray and thats it.

@ mitch if you want your roof to look better why not get it vinyled black???

chanelle x

Chanelle: I could do, though id prefer to have it sprayed. Probs cost around 350 i think.

Tbh... although thats the largest fault with the bodywork. Im more bothered about the bumper scuffs etc..

Ive even considered having the side panels and bumpers sprayed in the 'grey/silver'... same as an advance.

Everyone else:can you continue the off topic converstations some where else? PM?

Mitch

I've got some paint missing on the plastic door trim (Passenger side) and some missing on Front drivers side plastic arch and the odd scratch here and there,

But getting full respray soon so will be mint

What condition is my bodywork in?

Well let's say I'll be a bit apprehensive when it's on the stand at Japfest :o

I lightly scuffed one of the rear arches a few months back, but the rest of the damage/imperfections were done by the previous owner :o

-Both rear quarter panels above the arches haven't been sprayed properly, you can easily see where it's been masked :L

-A fair few scuffs on the front bumper and rear (but I've now got a Glanza rear one waiting to be sprayed).

-A significant dent on the bootlid, but again that's being replaced by a Glanza bootlid.

-Loads of stone chips on the bonnet

-A few very light scratches on the sides

Truth be told you're not alone Mitch :o

How much will the spray cost?

How do they go about doing it any way...

Do they remove all bumpers/trims and spray individualy?

Mitch

£750 tops, and they are going to remove all the kit spray it and replace it all there not just spraying with it all on the car,

It's someone my dad knows, He did my dads car and has done a proper good job on it, He does it cheap as i won't expect it to be done in 2weeks i will just let him do abit here and abit there during evenings so it isn't rushed and also because my dad get's on with him he doesn't charge much

mines not great either :o

when i got it

-front end seemed like it had been in a small accident before (didnt matter as i was going glanza anyways)

-damaged drivers door (replaced with new door)

-badly dented rear quarter (still to be done)

-and a few pin dents round the car but thats hardly surprising for a 12 year old car

the last owner of my car really didn't care about it but im getting there with it :o

where do i start lol. roofs flat as hell i guess with sun or a shit respray at somepoint. rust on driver rear arch along with a scrape that was already there which i made worse by scraping it again trying to get in my drive between 2 cars lol .

from halfway up thw rear passenger window ya can see where someone has masked off the car to do a bit of repraying as now the top resprayed part looks like it was painted matt white and the bottom original glossy shiny lol.

bumpers and doors are slightly more yellowed white than the shell.

bumpers paint flaking front n rear and both wings are pretty matty looking too.

For some reason my car has a different shade on one side to the other, No accidents recorded in the UK so don't know about Japan history. However it is in great condition no big scuffs or anything only little dings from where other idiots open there doors into your car etc. :@

I would say mines fairly mint tbh, eventhough theres loads of minor scratches and stuff all over it.

I get a lot of good comments and shows and meets about how clean mine is so it must be fairly clean.

You've seen mine many times though Mitch so you can decide :o

I'm really happy mine is still in great condition. No dents, scratches or anything. Just quite a bit of stonechips on the hood and front lip, but that's basically it. Always get good comments on the condition it is in. :o

a large majority of them are in a bit of a raggedy state.

even my really nice GT is far from perfect. 99% of them have has some kind of spraywork and 99% of that isnt perfect.

i wouldnt worry too much mate. spend a bit of cash on a cheapish respray and she will look alot fresher, or just slag the car up!