Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep and your head is the first stage 2 i have done ste. = cutting back inlet valve guids to match ports, just remember to prime everything with oil mate and disconect your injectors in order not to flood with fuel. + i would recomend cleaning out the throttle body was very dirty!!!. enjoy fella and u got my number if u need my help.

haha awesome well ive got dibs on this holland

guys one if he is a genuine seller etc ill snap it outta his hands then, just hope my turbo lasts lol

Good man hope you get it :lol:

yep and your head is the first stage 2 i have done ste. = cutting back inlet valve guids to match ports, just remember to prime everything with oil mate and disconect your injectors in order not to flood with fuel. + i would recomend cleaning out the throttle body was very dirty!!!. enjoy fella and u got my number if u need my help.

Cheers matey i will take no chances when it comes to starting it up dont worry. and yeah il give it a clean. everything will be getting a good clean and polish today :wub:

Well decided to crack on with putting the engine back together today. made a lot of progress. thanks to socks as well for coming over and helping out with his expertese too couldnt have done it without him :lol:

Well this is how she looked this morning

DSCF0062.jpg

Gave the cambelt a quick paint just for now to tidy it up a bit

DSCF0065.jpg

Also gave the end of the TB a quick clean too as it was minging

DSCF0067.jpg

New water pump

DSCF0071.jpg

New cambelt kit

DSCF0073.jpg

First of the roose engine bay hoses going on

DSCF0074.jpg

Inlet fitted

DSCF0076.jpg

Brand new HKS adjustable actuator

DSCF0079.jpg

Mani/decat/Hybrid turbo fitted

DSCF0080.jpg

Race-tech Braided oil feed on

DSCF0082.jpg

Uwwww shiny :wub:

DSCF0085.jpg

And what she looked like at the end of todays session

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

Pretty much ready to be fitted now. Few things on order too which I've added to List

On order: New Thermostat

Couple more gaskets (water feed etc)

New dizzy cap and rotor arm

Grade 7 iridium spark plugs

Also hit a small problem which hopefully socks can sort out if he still has one. I sold my standard turbo and forgot it still had the water pipes on so now i need to source another one which is a bummer but hopefully socks has still got his.

Also need the bracked which the cat bolts to to brace the decat as I've not got mine so not driving the car until i get one. think that will be a toyota jobbie and pretty sure that aint cheap ^_^ damm problems lol nothing that cant be sorted though

Few more bits needed like new jubilee clips for the front mount, need a air filter for my relocation kit, a blanking plug for the oxygen sensor on the decat and i checked the injectors and 2 of them need new seals.

Hopefully though engine will be going in at the weekend ^_^

That's a water pump, not an oil pump :p

Engine looks sweet but the matt black inlet lets it down imo, would have looked better Oem silver

Damm it i meant water pump :p Really got to start concentrating what i write from now on lmao new oil pump as well though ;)

and as for the inlet i know but i just wanted to give it a tidy up and thought fuck it black will do for now. was going for a CJ polished one but too hard to keep tidy IMO

You FAIL why isnt it fitted???????

Only joking dude nice work bet you carnt wait

Saturday dude hopefully

looking good mate, see its now moved onto the dining room chairs! ;) love it. and the roose hose youve got on is the only one i havent got on, bit more awkward when engine in the car.

Oh yes next destination is the stairs ;)

I was gonna mention that mistake Iddy :rolleyes: lol

Looking good though mate Im sure someone breaking a FTE can sell you the bracket for the block/cat, no biggy

Shut up you haha yeh geo's going to hopefully sort me out with a brand new one tomorrow if not il ask some breakers. iddy may have one he has a thousand of everything else lmao

Looking awesome mate, wish i had my engine out to clean everything up.

Its a nice feeling dude trust me :p

cheers John

u might struggle getting it into the engine bay all built up mate. i woud have put the engine in thn built it all up. + clean the throttle plate and plate housing ste the car will struggle to idle.

Nah mate changed the engine in my black GT before. my neighbour helps me and he prefers putting it all together outside of the car then lowering it all in at once. goes straight in matey. still got the clutch and gearbox to go on before we put it in too lol

yeh it could do with it couldnt it

Oh forgot to say socks found me his water lines yesterday so thats another one off the list. all i need now is a 52mm air filter, a cat brace bracket and injector seals and she'll be all ready to fire up :rolleyes:

i had a Monster motosport relocation kit which came with a filter. but I've got a hybrid now so needed a bigger silicone pipe for it so had to get a bigger relocation kit which didnt fit my old filter either so i gave my bro the relocation kit for his GT and now I've got a relocation kit but no filter lol

i had a Monster motosport relocation kit which came with a filter. but I've got a hybrid now so needed a bigger silicone pipe for it so had to get a bigger relocation kit which didnt fit my old filter either so i gave my bro the relocation kit for his GT and now I've got a relocation kit but no filter lol

i see, have you had a look on ebay? i got my K&N 52mm filter off there, it was for a mondeo st i think, but it fits and does the job! :rolleyes:

Right got a few more bits in today

Firstly a test fit of my rear glow panel

DSCF0094.jpg

Its coming back off when i get some new bulbs for it so it lights up better ;)

Also got the civic rad mounting kit fitted and test fitted the radiator

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

Got to get a fitting kit for the fan though before i fit it

Tomorrows plans are to get the quad headlights fitted finially and also the tuning developments fuel pump fitted as well

Was going to get the engine fitted tomorrow but socks made me realise its best to wait till everythings here so currently waiting for

Turbo waterfeed gasket

Thermostat

Dizzy cap

Rotor arm

Iridium spark plugs

Also all my problems have been solved that i was stuck on.

Firstly got a Cat bracing bracket off someone on here which has saved me some money

Also got on the phone to geo and he's brilliantly sorted me out with some injector seals so ordered 4 new top and bottom injector seals and he's also got me some new flywheel bolts as well. Big thanks to him deffo the best person for sourcing genuine parts ;)

So once all them come through at the start of next week hopefully i can really crack on. get the clutch and gearbox on then put it all in the bay and strike it up ;)

Got some EBC grooved and vented discs to come as well soon :rolleyes:

i put your brand new spark plugs in the engine ste cross thm off your list thy in already. will com up and see her wen on road if i may will have the corrola on road soon. love the love put into this motor, just a shame u did not do bottom end mate with all these bottom end problems everyone having. a real sence of acheivment BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

i put your brand new spark plugs in the engine ste cross thm off your list thy in already. will com up and see her wen on road if i may will have the corrola on road soon. love the love put into this motor, just a shame u did not do bottom end mate with all these bottom end problems everyone having. a real sence of acheivment BUILT NOT BOURGHT.

Thanks mate it really is built not bought too lol. thanks again for the engine work too you did big help. bottom end will be re-done at end of year hope she holds out that long lol and ah dam it i knew i gave you spark plugs but couldnt remember. ahh well there paid for now so they will do for next time :rolleyes:

yeh mate come down deffo. she should be running for manchester meet hopefully in march so il bring her down then to show you too ;)