Shorty P Glanza V ~ Update ~ 26/07/10 ~

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my project has a few stages and one of my stages is the engine mods as i mentioned above i did forge my last one but dont think ill bother with this one lol (for now)

But i do have a question about inlets is there a diff inlet i can use that will give me some benefits?

Nice choice of intercoolers mate :lol:

Im not sure on choice of inlets I have seen a corolla inlet ONCE on a GT but not sure if that gave any performance difference.

Theres also the ACIS manifold off the the 5efhe (very rare) but again not sure of the difference.

Or go all out and buy a RaceTech one if you got £600 doing nothing :harhar:

Well its one of them things mate where as it could be the last thing i get on my list of things :harhar:

But i spent 14k on my old starlet with it having 4 re build and all being forged lol this time i think sump baffel and being nice on the bends is the way forward lol

I want a car that looks nice goes well and handles mint...

Well i hope that not only do i bring it back from the dead i make it look nice and sexy and to my own taste..

You have definately done that mate, looks so mint already! :harhar: Always nice when crashed up cars get bought by people that are determined to make it good.

The crashed GT i bought has now gone on to bigger and better things :lol:

Well today my mate the bosy work pro has been busy so i decided i would do some work on my spare roker cover ready so i can paint it :rolleyes:

Here is what i done so far it aint quick neither lol :D

09052010214.jpg

09052010215.jpg

09052010216.jpg

09052010217.jpg

What ya think so far its cause i want the roker smooth except the centre part where my HT leads slop into etc :D

On the roker im gonna have a white spray with the red rising sun on :( As my engine bay is having red boost and water pipes etc :(

When painting my roker does any one know the best way??

Basicly i was thinking a few coates of hammerite smooth then flat it all down and prima it up then spary my rising sun on there then laquer it this way its a good base for my paint and should not crack when hot :rolleyes:

Would this work ??

When painting my roker does any one know the best way??

Basicly i was thinking a few coates of hammerite smooth then flat it all down and prima it up then spary my rising sun on there then laquer it this way its a good base for my paint and should not crack when hot :rolleyes:

Would this work ??

Use VHT paint, can be bought from halfords

Drop it off one day and ill do it.. Its taken me a wee bit of time tho lol im only using sandpaper on a DA to do most then hand sand parts that wont fit into :lol:

Is the VHT paint a spray paint and can i get it in red and white?

Cheers mate B) ill be painting my oil cap aswell to match the stripe of the rising sun so depending what colour the stripe of it is then ill be doing that the same :lol:

I did some of the other side last night but that side needs a lot more hand sanding due to not being able to get the orbital to reach or fit in certain places :lol:

you could get it powdercoated but makes the rising sun thing a bit more difficult lol ya can get vht paint in red and white off ebay. the stuff i got was kinda matt finish tho so got some vht laquer aswell sorted it out.

nice build mate lovely to see a smashed glanza get re built, ive also got the red and white rising sun on my rocker cover and tbh use vht white primer then you can use ordinary paints but make sure you have your fist coat done in vht or it might peal, its in my build thread dude needs re doing due to some paint reaction, :lol:

wow what a state the car was in when you got it. looks like your doing a fantastic job with it so far! any pictures of the recaro interior?

really does look great, defo got to go for a livesports front lip :lol: keep it up B)