• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah shucks lol im guna go buy another sandwich plate that looks like this

BV-NongWkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLle-etBKVNh7IvUw_12.jpg

rather then what ive got

BYYOTgB2kKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKhHNoUO-_12.jpg

good job the one i got off ebay was only 3 quid as the seller said it would fit any car , well ive found out that style is only for scoobs

Mine was an unbelievable fit, couldnt of got any more perfect lol

Thats the best pic I have

IMAG0344.jpg

But yea ebay sandwich plates are gay

Hope the other one works for you

today i sorted the problem out about the sandwich plate the answer = get a 3/8unf from a scooby as there longer lol cost me £5 instead of £30 for a plate - made me happy until :)

well alot of progress was made as was 2 big mistakes which made me cry first was this

defi oil temp sensor brokey (£90 to replace)

402c9638.jpg

then the second problem , the downpipe from WepR is 2 inches too short , offset and the flanges are around 90 degrees off eachother so even if it was long enough it wouldnt line up , i think hes sent me the downpipe to his own exhaust , even though he told me it would fit any aftermarket exhaust ,so if he doesnt sort this the cars off the road for a month

bf2b03df.jpg

well on for the build anyway so today we was planning on rotating the turbo and getting everything bolted up etc , ready for 2moz to wire everything up and vrooom id be td04

well tried rotating the turbo *ping* circlip snaps , so off to halfrauds and oick up a pair for £9.99 too small , then off to machine mart cheapest pair to fit £31.99 pfft no way so off back to the car , get a grinder and mince the broken pair , eventually we got the exhaust housing off and the pins etc removed , only took 100 hits with a rubber hammer lol

bcbec541.jpg

c28558d9.jpg

so then we put it all back together and spun the blades " sheite not moving" so had to pull it all apart again n make sure it went on 100% straight , got it all sorted in the end and i was a happy man

so then we spent hours bolting all the manifold on , the downpipe, all the oil lines the return , etc the wastegate screamer and everything was going well til we noticed the exhaust wasnt going to fit ( at this point my heart sank and deep inside i was crying ... lol )

so then we decided to do as much as we can with the bolt on parts ;)

tomorrows plan to have everything wired in and ready , wrap the exhaust and then wait for a downpipe to fit , its either sacha sends me one as its his mistake or he gives me a refund so i can take it to get custom made :(

also has anyone else had probles with wepr kits , due to the kit being offset and the sandwich plate my airfilter and oil filter now touch , i just hope it wont get hot enough to burn the silicone

also anyone with a GIZZMO MS-IBC how do you wire the button in on the instructions it says red to 12v blue to trigger ? WTF? and black to earth , so does that literally mean blue wire to one terminal on the switch and thats it ?

well anyway pics of everything from today

608b9896.jpg

the short pipe :) which is pretty short

efc86e9d.jpg

turbo rotated and ready for fitting

fe85968e.jpg

how the bay currently looks

c9746f72.jpg

spares for sale lol

31b87552.jpg

f8859047.jpg

screamer Yo

3b350d51.jpg

mushroom filter :p

230210cc.jpg

slight bodge of an oil return

102e1694.jpg

oil filter , mashing up my air filter

ecb00a0a.jpg

one of everything in the bay so far

36793984.jpg

and lastly the touched up bumper

2ada3bef.jpg

im happy so far bar the sensor and the fucking downpipe <--- but somethings always gotta go wrong

but i totally can see why sparky felt like braking his car , keep an eye out for a gauging thread if this dont get any better soon

fucks sake nee luck with this downpipe are you?? 2 that aint matched the exhaust i kno the feeling were you get all buzzed on it fitting then heart sinks when theres a silly problem like that :) mine was with the external wastegate not fitting due to the matic box but soon got cured so was all :) as soon as you get it sorted mate you will be buzzing! keep the faith lol itll be worth it to fuck

the trigger button was an extra u can add on to it when buyin it but u dont need tbh. doesnt need to b connected to anything.

but it looks cool and i can tell people its nos :) plus it fits in the dash cowel really really well lol

fucks sake nee luck with this downpipe are you?? 2 that aint matched the exhaust i kno the feeling were you get all buzzed on it fitting then heart sinks when theres a silly problem like that ;) mine was with the external wastegate not fitting due to the matic box but soon got cured so was all :) as soon as you get it sorted mate you will be buzzing! keep the faith lol itll be worth it to fuck

well to make me happy , WEPR can either send me an exhaust fo fit free of of charge or send me the downpipe as in his pics free of charge or give me a refund of £200 so i can get it fabricated , tomoz was sposed to be crusin td04 style :)

i feel so sick though i could tel it was too short before fitin it but i kept telin my self everything will be ok lol

well after talking with sacha he garantees me its the right downpipe , theres nothing he can do to help me , and said i have to get my exhaust fabricated so unfortuantly the cars off the road for a month :)

well theres another big update which ill do properly in a bit with all pictures but basically its all complete now bar the exhaust which im hoping after 2moz i can book in for friday so hopefully this time next week ill be fully td04d up lol

got a couple of issues with things touching eachother like the bottom rad hose just touches the screamer, the air filter is on the oil filter etc but hopefully it wont burn through anything etc

and im hoping after putting the new sensor in for the defi we start it up put all the oil etc in there then hopefully nothing blows up leaks , explodes , runs etc still very nervous lol

but on the fun side i have to drive the car with no exhaust lol so its guna be not worrying bout how loud the screamer is lol :D

Glad to see it's all going to be sorted soon enough! :D

by the way, would you be able to give me links to where you got all the stuff needed to fit the oil sandwich plate and the plate itself? I really need to get one on mine! lol

i just went on ebay and one a plate for £3 then went to my local garage and asked if they did the m20 i believe was the one i used or a 3/4 unf in a longer version and he said yeah and it was £5 :D

its all going ahead stil , but ! i just hope theres no leaks etc

right so a progress on todays result , so after being in talks with the local exhaust fabricators there hoping to fit me in on friday and keeping the costs aslow as possible -£100 hopefully :D

well anyway so this morning we had to modify the lamba sensor as it was like an inch too short , althought the sensor looks pretty fooked , we put it on a DMM and it gave a contuniuity measurment so it should work fine

then we set about fitting up the rad , which then fouled on the wastegate ... another problem :( , so to fix this we had to move it along , drill a new hole , nut and bolt it in and then the colling panel hole was now covered by the jezza bracket so we cut a lil groove out and now it all fits together :p

we also vaccumed in all the hoses from the turbo , inlet to the wastegate , solenoid and gizzmo, we also fed all the cables through the firewall and into the car ready for soldering and wiring in , got defis the link controller the boost controller , and just generally having a shuffle around in the centre console to make it all look SWEEEEEEEET

8db4c9cc.jpg

im going to get a 3 gauge din holder as a cheap tempory thing as there a tenner and will hold the gauges nicely

so then after doing all that and the vacums etc decided to go about fitting the intercooler back on , everything was going sweet til we got to the td04 , now the rubber bits i have are 63mm at each end and really to make it a nice and tight boost free leaking connection i really need it to be around the 55mm to 63mm but ill try source one of them locally :D

all the vacs etc fitted

b4214f6d.jpg

31d78fd9.jpg

we have decided to leave the "trigger" button out as we cant figure out how to wire it up , according to the instructions red goes to +pos black to -neg and blue to trigger , but that means the switch only has one wire going to it and doesnt do anything so... it would of looked cool but oh well

more bits ready for the wiring :D

2e7c00ae.jpg

and lastly the thing that means i spit , pop and bang ... ( no not my engine blowing up )

1eb4a686.jpg

so that means i have the mani wrapped , downpipe wrapped , full zorst wrapped :D whey and a screamer lol

anyway thats the big up date but... i now have a few things for sale so check em out and im after a few things also

to complete the build i need:

a rubber reducer 63mm - 55mm

3" exhaust gasket

mikalor clamp to suit rubber

3 pod gauge holder

the exhaust fabricated and some petrol :)

also this is porbably the reason why my exhaust doesnt fit the td04 kit

this was on the ct9 and looks like its been cut extended andgled and rewelded

4635bb99.jpg

3bb72c17.jpg

oh well just looking forward to friday