shall i keep my starly or get me a turbo starly??  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i really want some turbo power now... and at the moment insurance companys take the piss and say that for my car turbo'd is gonna be £2236

whereas i can get insured on a glanza for £1100...

so my question to you guys is.. do i stick it out? or give in and buy a glanza?

other opinions welcome.

:angry:

Rich.

what you need to think about is a glanza will cost about 5-6k if i'm right, you have just bought a new engine so it will be a good time to turbo it, and it will probably still work out cheaper than a glanza, but the glanza has the lsd which in my opinion makes it much better for the power, but the glanza is a heavier car, so its really difficult to decide.

At first i would think glanza, simply for the same reason as urself Rich...TURBO POWER!!!! BUT, at the same time our wee ep's are a great car, and urs looks SO class as it is, plus like miracle says, u did just buy a nice new engine. Would seem a shame to let go your current ride after all the heart felt work u'v done to her, so why not CONTINUE to work on her???? Just my thoughts mate.

Phil.

yeah, thanks for the imput guys...

i really dont want to sell it.

but heres the current list of problems which are making me think along the lines of selling up...

-really bad fuel economy, as in i must spend £60 a week on fuel and i dont really drive that far!! only really a 8-12 mile journey every day...

-about 33 dents the last time i checked... plus i have some rust appearing on the rear arch... and im expecting to have to pay about £700 to get all that fixed... plus theres a crease in the door where one of my mates drove into me.

-front brakes are ok, but seem to be suffering from fade whereas my old standard ones did not...

-all the interior is stained in oil and grease from transporting engines all over the place plus a tear in the drivers seat...

-bumper needs respraying already.

-wheels need a bit of attention and one is curbed.

-front dampers are burst (would like some coilys but i only get £230 per month, and im £250 overdrawn)

-needs new fanbelt

the list kinda goes on really.

i still love it, but due to the pure amount of problems ive fallen soo far behind with getting it fixed that theres just too much for me to handle getting fixed.

plus i'd love to turbo mine, but the main problem i face is sorting out an ecu i can run, and there are no tuning places around here that will tune one for me.

i know i wanna keep it, but its gonna cost me more than the cars worth to even get it back to good condition.

Rich.

fair enough if you can do it yourself & it costs nothing but to pay a garage to do it will cost a small fortune get a glanza & enjoy instant turbo power without the hassle & the robbing bastards sorry typed that wrong meant insurance company

Don't mean to be blunt here mate but it's sounds like you are struggeling to run an SR the Glanza will cost more to run. Don't want to put you off as it's what i did i had an sr for a year then got the Glanza as it had everything i wanted at the time things soon changed though and the modifying bug hit again.

Simon

im pumpin near 2k into my car over the next two monts or so for repais etc and new coilys n engine rebuild etc shit loads more im still keepin mine love it too bits. as im young plus i live in northern ireland i doubt havin a turbo car till at least 23-25.

Id say keeep it n fix it up n turbo it

i would say keep it mate, starlets become apart of you, look at me sold my Glanza 4 weeks ago and now have a EP71 and to be honest it may not be as fast as the glanza (YET) but its so much more fun to drive

jim

Sell it and buy a glanza, you'll wonder why you wanted to keep your one in the 1st place.

And why is your fuel economy so sh1te?? I get 90miles out a tenner consistently in mine. I travel to edin back and forward everyday and it costs me £5 including the bridge toll, cheaper than the park and ride :angry:

id go with getting the car mint and when you think you can afford turbo power go for something a bit differnt still.

prehaps 2litre turbo mr2 lump. ive seen a couple of starbos like that one with about 500 bhp!!

plus judging by the way your motor looks at the mo your very keen on looks so my guess youll only do it again to the next one! so your alredy half way there now!!

dru