i thought it might be a good idea to post up standard cars book 0-60. any car, any model, but standard. not started a list myself cuz my internet is playing up but it would be nice to know where our starlets stand alongside the other less cool cars! bigger the list the more confident you will be at the lights knowing how you compare. post away peeps.

• 1 year later...

I think this thread is a bit pointless...if it was 'proven 0-60 times of your car' then that would be very interesting to read...maybe we could even have a power table, where you can post your car, a brief list of mods, the image of the dyno run, bhp, torque and times/top speed if you have them...we can then see how we stack up.

I only say this thread is pointless as book times are odd things, I've never seen a stock GT pull anything less than 8.5 to 60. So just because the book 0-60 of my jag is 7.5 (or something) you'd think the 6.9 of the GT would have me (just) but I have no doubt the jag, with traction control, auto box and rwd would spank a stock gt from the lights.

Just my two penneth :lol:

Example here: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php?mode=rollingroad

There you can see I'm in at number 11 on the old MR2 (about 3 years old that)...I was number 2 *sob*

• 3 weeks later...

two chances, the gt would be by your side up to 80 atleast

an early totaly stock gt at the banzai mag shoot driven by mattwho on here clocked a 7.02 seconds to 60 totaly stock

i mind on the day he was the only one up for the craic of kicking the shit out of their motors practiciing starts etc at bruntingthorpe

what model of jag is it you have, the three litre v6 yea? i had acess to one for 2 years, some decent 140 top end but you could do that in a diesel mondeo, a decent ragable car if you use the j gate i have to say.

• 3 weeks later...

Stock Sportif, no mods. 11.7, proven. stopwatch activated and deactivated by passenger, not bat considering the car is pusing 11 years old and the paper time is 11.5, although i hit the rev limit once so i could probably improve on that.

Found a good road for it near dalgety bay in fife, 60mph limit, straight and a set of lights at one end.

• 1 month later...

10.4?

I Always just looked at parkers aswell n took it as that?

Gave mine a lil 0-60 drag earlier with my bro in the car

I got 10 seconds flat, first and only try

Would quite like to have another go of it tho as didnt shift to wel from 1st to 2nd

Thats with a straight through system n a crap induction kit

Duno wether thats good or bad :lol:

Stock Sportif, no mods. 11.7, proven. stopwatch activated and deactivated by passenger, not bat considering the car is pusing 11 years old and the paper time is 11.5, although i hit the rev limit once so i could probably improve on that.

Found a good road for it near dalgety bay in fife, 60mph limit, straight and a set of lights at one end.

i love that road :lol: i have not timed the 0-60 in the glanza but on that road heading towards rosyth from dalgety bay been stopped a few times at the front of the queue at the lights and i can get 103mph to the big traffic warning board that hangs over the road with the warning things typed on it ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I know that GT-ART (and others) can run 1/4 mile etc simulations on their rollers.

But I agree with Rick, an airfield day..say Brunters would be good, we'd need to find the proper timing gear from somewhere though...none of this G-Meter bollocks.

Good idea Si, I was thinking that...approach a mag like jap Performance etc and ask them if they want to do a feature on the event, they'd provide the timing gear, we'd sort the venue.

It'd have to be a damn hot and sticky day for me to produce anything legendary. And the weather would have to be good for timing the car too ;)