Don't forget the fact that the car has been pretty much serviced too Charlotte :p .

• Brakes bled and topped up.
  • Radiator and engine coolant flushed, refilled and bled.
  • Oil and oil filter change.

Only dead minor things but worth a mention.

But you did clean the air filter lol.

It is looking really good though thanks to Charlotte's handy work under the engine bay and spraying.

She's done a mighty fine job of the outside too and those pictures really don't do it justice whatsoever in the dark.

Bring on JAE! :p

Jamie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the fact that the car has been pretty much serviced too Charlotte :p .

• Brakes bled and topped up.
  • Radiator and engine coolant flushed, refilled and bled.
  • Oil and oil filter change.

Only dead minor things but worth a mention.

But you did clean the air filter lol.

It is looking really good though thanks to Charlotte's handy work under the engine bay and spraying.

She's done a mighty fine job of the outside too and those pictures really don't do it justice whatsoever in the dark.

Bring on JAE! :p

Jamie

even though u and neil did most the work i helped :p x

Looks awesome now Charlotte!

Think ill be going JAE on Friday afternoon too if you still wanted to convoy?

Thank you i think sooo :p got another sticker on today hehe. was planning on going on friday morning as was gunna make most of it otherwise i would have. take it u cant get friday off work then? x

Yeah yeah im off on Thursday and Friday but my mate whos meant to be coming finishes work at 3 so ill be coming after that.

aww awesome so i will see u later on in the day then :p i cant wait been proper looking forward to this! x

havnt checked this thread in a while

one mint ccar and clean as engine bay!

Thank you i have tried B) it gunna get all dirty again thouh ;) x

what stuff did you use to get your bay nice?

and what exhaust? it looks so yummmmm

and is the glanza/TB just a straight fit

Hey all i used was

- a cloth (as it gets into all the little bits) with warm water with maguires gold class shampoo and 'muc off'

- blue t-cut (only prob is it aint shiney so it just gets rid of all the water marks really.

- obviously all the freshly painted bits are clean already,

- the mani i pollised up as much as i could be bothered too before it went on with metal polish and a wire attachment for the drill .

- and all the black plastics i got a paint brush and used simoniz back to black bumber a tyre gel :p

but the whole car has gone all dirty again now B) so gunna wash it and put in garage ready for weekend!

The exhaust is nothing spesh just got it fitted at exhaustuk.com. no brand or anything :p

As for the glanza mani and TB, the mani fits fine just matter of blanking off some points but the TB we couldnt fit so i still have that to sell at some point. u can use a diff TB but i cant remember what off got a feeling its the celica but will have to talk to jamie so he can tell me or he will say it on here lol. Hope this helps at least a little. im not the best person to be asking haha!

Thanks by the way ;) x

Right another update!

- I now have import size plates again!

- some goodies came in the post for me which include my stickerbomb sheet which i was originaly going to use for my center console....

this failed as it was too small. stupid ass me forgot to take into account the dips and corners! so... had to find somewhere else to put it so it didnt go to waste!

all the goodies with more to come!

324950_272830949411328_100000532743724_1026544_5914000_o.jpg

where i found!

325244_273121892715567_100000532743724_1027466_212611748_o.jpg

unfortunately i only had enough for one for obvious reasons so atm its abit odd! but next week i will do the other side haha!

personaly i love it as its different and im sure someone has done it on here but i havnt seen it so i like the uniqueness (sp) off it!!

Comments welcome ;)

Hey all i used was

- a cloth (as it gets into all the little bits) with warm water with maguires gold class shampoo and 'muc off'

- blue t-cut (only prob is it aint shiney so it just gets rid of all the water marks really.

- obviously all the freshly painted bits are clean already,

- the mani i pollised up as much as i could be bothered too before it went on with metal polish and a wire attachment for the drill .

- and all the black plastics i got a paint brush and used simoniz back to black bumber a tyre gel :D

right thanks for that info ill take it all on board! i wana get mine nice lol,

The exhaust is nothing spesh just got it fitted at exhaustuk.com. no brand or anything :p looks smart :]

As for the glanza mani and TB, the mani fits fine just matter of blanking off some points but the TB we couldnt fit so i still have that to sell at some point.

okay i no your not really the person to ask lol, but why didnt it fit? and is it still quicker with just the manifold and your tb on it?

like the same performance as a corolla manifold,

I've got the glanza inlet/tb ready to go on mine but theres no point putting it on if its no performance difference from 74bhp

, your welcome by the way :]

okay i no your not really the person to ask lol, but why didnt it fit? and is it still quicker with just the manifold and your tb on it?

like the same performance as a corolla manifold,

I've got the glanza inlet/tb ready to go on mine but theres no point putting it on if its no performance difference from 74bhp

, your welcome by the way :]

As far as I am aware some people say that the glanza inlet mani is slightly better than the corolla one but don't really have anything to compare it too. You won't notice a huge difference in performance, maybe slightly higher mid/top end but at a slight sacrifice to the low end (lottie notices it more seeing as it's her car). The throttle body will go a way to making a slight difference too but not all that much (should sound nicer though). One thing to be aware of is that the throttle position sensor has a different pin arrangement to the one on your loom so will NOT just plug and play. You can't just pop the one off your 4efe TB either. This would need to be modded to fit properly so it's rewired of you could fit an adapter. Some people prefer the Carina E/Avensis throttle body which AFAIK are have a 3 wire TPS like the 4EFE with the correct diameter for the 4EFTE TB although I think there might be a slight gap to where it sits which can be easily fixed and also the power steering vac holes need some fettling. When I can be arsed I will probably just mod the 4EFTE one for lottie's (even though it came without the TPS as it was snapped off :D ).

On this site there is a chap called nastyrash or something who will be able to help you more than I can as I am a bit noobie. And if he reads this..sorry if you get pissed with the amount of messages from people lol.

Jamie.

P.S. I have a bug eyed 4AFE 1.6 and I will check the TB on that after work to see if that fits.

the manual glanza TB are 3 pin plugs, the auto glanza TB are 4 pin :D so you've obviously got an auto TB

and they do make a BIG difference to top end

car is looking clean as hell charl :D do mine at JAE please :p

There you have it lol. Ryan knows his stuff! Guess you will be fine with yours starletsportif and it will be a nice straight swap.

@Ryan not sure what throttle body it is as the there was onlt part of the TPS left on the throttle body. Could you just use a MT TPS on a AT TB then? Guess it would be worth at as the 4EFE sounds like its restricting the 4EFTE inlet mani.

I think she is cleaning it again today (weather permitting) and giving it another layer of wax as only one was put on the first time. I wouldn't count on her doing yours lol she gets angry doing her own :D.

Did you manage to sort your cams out Ryan and get it running for tomorrow?

the manual glanza TB are 3 pin plugs, the auto glanza TB are 4 pin :lol: so you've obviously got an auto TB

and they do make a BIG difference to top end

car is looking clean as hell charl B) do mine at JAE please :wub:

INO IM SO PROUD! aww if u had the car there i would if u paid me :wub:

such a smart car!

what did you use to get all the paint off your rocker cover?

thank you and B&Q own paint + varnish stripper. simples! thank you for the domo bear n pedo bear stickers i got in post today aswell B)

INO IM SO PROUD! aww if u had the car there i would if u paid me :)

lol sod that id have done it myself if it worked :D

and bit late now jamie, but no i didnt get it running as you saw :D but i got to drive jades beaut about at JAE so it wasnt all that bad :)

ryan