• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it, i spent a good 3 hours last week cleaning mine.. Went to work the next to, finished to find bird shit over the bonnet :D

thats easier. just abit of cleaning the bonnet. not the whole car B)

It's happened to us all ^_^

We all want

haha

and you find a way to take revenge on rain then give me a shout :) lol

Just get the Quick Detailer out!! Problem solved.

on the whole car takes piss lol i just left it :D

• 2 months later...

right! as some of you know a couple months back i had some arse do a hit and run on the driver side of my car. Due to having lack of funds i still haven't managed to get it repaired. So not only do i have that side buggered, now someone has gone into the passenger side of my car and done some nice damage there due to the ice! does someone really not want me to own a semi decent starlet or something! :)

Don't give up, shit happens. Take a look at Phils build thread, hes gone through a hell of alot with his car and theres always a way to come out on top. Wait for a cheap blurple Starlet to come up and buy it for parts, cheapest way - as you don't have to get the parts resprayed :D

• 1 month later...

Hi guys B) Well, finaly passenger side has been repaired and hopefully getting drivers side done in feb or march B) finaly all coming back together as you all said :)

I have got one problem though that i dont know how to fix so help would be much appreciated.... my fan belt is squeeking virtually every time i start the car mainly when its been raining or cold (i asume its that anyway) and i dont know how to tighten it as the belt itself seems to be in good condition so asume its just loose.

If anyone can tell me how to do this myself or anyone in nottingham area thats willing to help i will give money your way as its really starting to piss me off lol.

Cheers

Charlotte x

• 5 months later...

wow its been a while since i wrote on here...

where the car stands...

drivers side damage still not repaired,

just bought two sets of wheels (one of which was a bday pressie from the bf :) ) but more than likey going to re-sell a set of them after a refurb,

bought distributor cap, rotor arm and spark plugs as they needed changing (ooh exciting stuff! :D )

plans for it...

planning on messing about with stickers somewhere not sure on what yet though...

respray the rocker cover n fuel rail in bronze like my wheels (unless i can think of a better colour to go with blue and bronze wheels)

repair damage

corolla mani (if anyone selling let me know)

figure out how to wire up the spoiler light

and eventualy giving it time... glanza bodykit

all hopefully done before JAE (excluding bodykit) as its an embarrassment atm lol.

Will upload pictures when i recieve the wheels :D x

they only lead to a decrease in fuel economy through grins and funz :(

same as any mod really :(

rolla mani or glanza mani will make a nice noticable difference in torque and bhp, which ever mani comes up 1st i suppose :o and price lol

Glanza/GT mani's are a bit better than corolla ones, but they lead to fuel economy going down

Yeah I just thought as I was in the car on the way home it's the Glanza S with the same mani.

Quite shocking how Charlotte is ACTUALLY sorting her car out! :(

Yeah I just thought as I was in the car on the way home it's the Glanza S with the same mani.

Quite shocking how Charlotte is ACTUALLY sorting her car out! :(

oi you shurup!

the glanza S comes with the corolla tubular inlet manifold. this one:

newleads.jpg

this is the standard 4efe inlet manifold:

starletupdated6.jpg

and this is the 4efte inlet manifold:

sardfpr2.jpg

there is a noticable difference in height and shape of 4efe and 4efte manifold :(

the tubular corolla or the 4efte inlets are the 1s to go for jamie

Thanks Ryan thats made it a lot clearer now.

Will have to ask Char which one she wants for her motor as it looks like Snails has both.

Am I right in thinking you just need a bit of longer tubing and a couple of new gaskets and sealent?

right... distributor cap, rotor arm and spark plugs all in!

my Grids turned up today which i am very happy about! thanks to Jack (BizzleEP) :)

IMG_0252.jpg

so hopefully my 2nd set will he here tomorrow morning! then charlotte has some wheels again!!! WHOO :):D:D:D

they'll look good mate :)

and no worries jamie, for the tubular manifold you'll need a new inlet to TB gasket unless you can get it off without ripping it because its basically paper, and just some extra hosing for the sensor (the red hosing coming off my firewall)

for the glanza inlet, you'll need to block off a few pipes which i may have pics of for you buddy, ill pm them not to spam your thread

• 3 weeks later...

right where am i up too.....

wheels are fitted of corse but havnt got a picture of them yet, not till i clean the car anyway :D

bought the glanza inlet mani and started to polish it up.

IMG_0277.jpg

before with a little test patch

IMG_0279.jpg

after but not finnished!

so that needs to go on, aswell as the throttle body which i got with it.

I've also bought something in these coloursish (not the exact colours but closest i could get to show u all)

IMG_0276.jpg

which are going on my car (picturing the blue as the colour of the car already!) but im not telling anyone what untill I've done it :)

Oh got a couple stickers aswell but again need to wait till car is clean to put them on :D

• 3 weeks later...

Right here we go. been a busy week.

first we took everyhting off the car so i could strip, prep, prime and spray them. (rocker cover, fuel rail, fuse box cover, break callipers)

strip

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

prime

IMG_0307.jpg

paint

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

then changed the inlet mani to a glanza one :p YAY like extra 1000 bhp :D

today all day been washing, claying, polishing and waxing the car so its soooo smooth and shiney inside and out and even in the engine bay :p so fresh and so clean.

sorry pics are dark but it was dark when finished lol.

chevy orange and ford signal green :p

IMG_4754.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

chevy orange :p

IMG_4773.jpg

STICKERS ;p

IMG_4766.jpg

ignore the fact i have no plates they are coming in the week as my dad chucked my old import ones thinking the dog had chewed them both but actualy only one and i hated the normal ones :p also fitted my gauges back but one is damaged so will have to get a new one at some point.

IMG_4793.jpg

more stuff coming over week so hopefully will be ready for JAE. it was my aim :p

comments welcome! =D

Lottie xox