Didnt know you were forging...nice. :D Looks like you need to just use a puller and get the pulleys off to get the plate off.

thats what we thought at first but you can't get a pulley puller behind. Tony was saying something about some pulleys have holes to put some pullers into to get off but their are no holes on the crank pulley on the gt either.It feels like the casing is just silliconed on so maybe its just a case of prying till it frees.

we'll get it eitherway :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom pulley should just pull off.

Give it a wiggle, and it should fall off.

As with the oil pump, its siliconed on, give it a slight pry, and it will come off.

Its also bolted on.

got the crank out today had to knock the woodruff key in a little so the crank pulley and alloy plate could come forward a little so the crank could lift out so crank is now out tony (family friend) is going to make up a pulley puller to get the pulley and plate off the crank.

• 2 weeks later...
just read through your thread and i little correction for you

them wheels arnt speedline alessios the speedline minstralls

nice looking Gt by the way

thanks mate.

but i'm afraid your wrong as the speedline "MISTRALS" are a three piece rim same spoke pattern though ;) .

Good stuff mate, aint saw you around in a while :p good progess also :p

Iain

Cheers mate, thats cause the gt has been off the road since april lol.

By any chance were you in stevenston the other night, as i passed a gt that is ident to yours mentioned to you before bout it if it was you that was me that passed you in the silver corsa with the blown exhaust lol (its a corsa lol).

thanks mate.

but i'm afraid your wrong as the speedline "MISTRALS" are a three piece rim same spoke pattern though :p .

my bad, did meen mistrals but put an n in :s lol, looking back i can see now lol got sa set of mistrals in the garage lol

anyway looks good, keep it up

Cheers mate, thats cause the gt has been off the road since april lol.

By any chance were you in stevenston the other night, as i passed a gt that is ident to yours mentioned to you before bout it if it was you that was me that passed you in the silver corsa with the blown exhaust lol (its a corsa lol).

Been down there a few times mate so could have possibly have been me. If u see me give me a flash or stop beside me mate and ill give u a run possibly :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

bout time i updated this

cruise valve springs

S5000855.jpg

HDI Electronic Boost Controller

S5000856.jpg

Cruise 1.2mm Headgasket

S5000858.jpg

Exedy paddle clutch

S5000860.jpg

Oil catch can

S5000859.jpg

Get my block back tomorrow after my engineer has had it for bout 3 months lol, but it will be worth it :lol:

Awsome update mate!!

Is that the new HDI EBC that Dane is supposed to be getting in on TGTT? If so where did you get it and how much :lol:

Yes it is mate, got it off of julian-ep91 he was originally selling a blitz e.b.c (the dual solenoid one can't mind exact model), he was selling that for £125 i was buying that originally he changed his mind and decided he wanted to keep that one. and said to me he had just bought the HDI one from dane and would i be interested in that so he knocked a tenner off the price and i got the HDI one.

By the looks of it i'm quite impressed with it, but the proof will be in the actual testing of it so we'll see when its up and running.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update as requested ^ :p lol

P270409_111501.jpg

P270409_1142.jpg

P270409_114301.jpg

for those of you that are observant enough will see that cylinder 4 is down and the other 3 are up well the other 3 were put in today the other one was done a few weeks back and i then bent an oil control ring :)

I asked one of the traders to source me one but unfortunately he couldn't get me it as soon as i needed it and i found out that the european branch for wiseco was in holland and fellow member and excellent guy rico w managed to source me one of their retailers in holland and got me the replacements :) THANK YOU RICO :)

so in the pics above the conrods aint attached to the crank they are now just not in those pics ;)

• 1 year later...

Been a long long time since i have added anything to this so bout time first up engine been in for ages ran in, i have it back out again little issue that was my fault with mixing up the vac pipes on the throttle body so engine had to come out and cleaned up and now back together all painted ready to go back in :)B).

some of the changes from the last time are

Wepr Ramhorn TD04 mani (cant rate this mani highly enough workmanship and ease of fitment outstanding, far superior to zisco's)

Td04l

Wepr Decat

Turbosmart 38mm ext gate

Turbosmart Bov

Apexi Avcr EBC

Innovate LC-1 Wideband controller with DB gauge

so here is some pics of the engine out and apart and cleaned up :D

P240211_1657-1.jpg

P240211_165701.jpg

P240211_1658.jpg

P080311_173601.jpg

P080311_173602.jpg

P080311_1736.jpg

waiting on my 3 bar pressure sensor to arrive and hopefully gets mapped on friday failing that then next week

;)

Colin

Slowest engine build in the history of starlets !

Not gonna argue on that one lol been busy with college and uni and shit believe me i have had my slack of this but being a student and funds have what has been the case lol, but in fairness it has been on the road and ran in done 4000 miles since the rebuild and as said the reason the engine is out this time is my own fault :)

cheers sparky i wasn't even gonna bother painting it was just gonna pull it apart and clean it and get it back together but i'm glad i have done it looks mint ;)

glad to see ya done it right the second time round lol if i had a forge being built up i wudnt bother wasting time and money on a hybrid dude could easily push a td04 for more power and Running an autobahn mani lol you crazy u spent all that money making a hell of a car then buy the worst manifold ever!! hahah

looking good now though :)

Lol when that Mani was bought It was a little project my thinking then was I would cut out the top ofthe autobahn and fit my ext gate which I did and relieve the Mani of the pressure was sound thinking but once the Mani was on it started blowing so I said f it and went the zisco route which I regret wish I just went straight td04 but oh well lol

Cheers rob as for pics it's getting mapped very very soon so once that is done my mate an exceptional photographer is doing a photoshoot of it and I have just acquired a new set of alloys to go on it they are in good condition just need a repaint so pics soon :)